PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Honda Fury

Gas Man
01-05-2012, 10:23 AM
I know they are cheaply made but they are cheap as well.

The Fury offering a liquid cooled 1312 cc V-Twin 52 engine for a very reasonable base price of $12,999 (ABS version is $13,999) The 2012 Honda Fury include new chopper styled decals, new powerful sound, better engine which emits lesser pollutants, better riding position, extra wide rear tire (200 mm), slim front tire, low 26,7-inch seat, custom cast wheels, programmed fuel injection, newly designed shaft drive, and of course Honda’s undying reliability. Honda Fury (http://powersports.honda.com/2011/fury.aspx?CID=LG_MOTORCYCLE_STREET+REPRISE+GOOGLE+ LG_FURY+HONDA$FURY).

Moesride
01-05-2012, 02:27 PM
The Fury actualiy has the same motor my Honda VTX 1300 (80ci)had. I might be wrong about the date but I think Honda stopped making the vtx 1300 model in 08. Looks like they kept the same motor and slapped it into the Fury. I test rode the Fury (forget which model style) last summer and IMO I though it was an all around good bike. The price is good for sure compared to other style chopps and the handling was nice. Seemed very balanced. I like the look although I think the ass end needs to be lowered,to much room between the fender and tire. Perhaps a bit underpowered as well, for me anyway. All in all, I liked it. If this is your style bike, for the money :dthumb:

Gas Man
01-05-2012, 08:11 PM
I haven't rode one but I believe I would think the same way as you Moe.

Moesride
01-05-2012, 09:01 PM
The price tag and the Honda reliability are a big plus to this bike if your into this style. A lot of people think the day of the chop. has come and gone...perhaps., but for me...never. Love the style. I do think that Honda kinda missed the boat when they launched this bike a few years late into the chopper craze. Kinda surprises me that there selling well enough to keep producing. Like I said, I like the bike for value but alot of plastic, shaft drive and a RADIATOR on a chopper!!?? IMO

Gas Man
01-06-2012, 11:55 PM
Oh yeah definitely too late. I think they would have killed if they got this back in like 2004-2006 time frame.

And yeah it has the rad and plastic but look at the price. Plus I have seen a few done up REAL nice.

fatmanracing
02-09-2012, 08:48 PM
I've seen them in person, and they look better in person, but still a little anemic....
But I wouldn't complain if I had one =)

ABI
02-10-2012, 10:51 AM
I rode one right after they came out. They don't look bad but they don't seem very "chopper" like. They're quiet, smooth and underpowered. Maybe they're supposed to be that way but it didn't feel like I was on a chopper.

Gas Man
02-10-2012, 11:33 PM
Yeah a chopper should shake your soul and be fast!!