PDA

View Full Version : Air powered..

Gas Man
12-30-2011, 12:20 PM
:hss:

Last month, the “Pursuit” was unveiled by industrial designer Dean Benstead. For a change, a bike prototype fueled not by gas or electricity, but by compressed air. It uses the breakthrough engine technology developed by Angelo Di Pietro of a company based in Melbourne, Australia, called Engineair (http://www.engineair.com.au/).

It’s a motocross geometry bike mostly made out of aluminum components, weighting only 100 kg (about 221 lb) with a “Di Pietro” chamber Air Engine, able to reach 100 km/h (about 62 mph.) Compressed air as a genuine alternative to gas and electricity? Benstead said “The bike is running a standard scuba tank which runs air compressed up to 200 bar. With further developments, we would be looking at running a tank at 400 bar with increased capacity to also increase the range,” He was recently named in Melbourne’s Top 100 most influential people and is currently working with Australia’s Engineair and French company MDI on a new design that can bring the technology to the market.

Mad Dog
12-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Wonder how far it can go?
Seems like they could use the suspension
to recharge the tank to help increase range.

Gas Man
12-30-2011, 01:12 PM
Right on Don. Good idea.

Moesride
12-31-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm liking it. Runs clean, minimal wear and tear on the motor and a bunch of other things I would have no clue about. Leave it to an Italian guy Right. " Atsa so nice" :bowdown:

Mad Dog
12-31-2011, 01:04 PM
Where would we use the AMSOIL Chris???

RedneckMedic
12-31-2011, 04:50 PM
Oil Wrestling perhaps?

http://www.crazywheelies.com/media/girl oil wrestling.jpg

Gas Man
01-01-2012, 05:21 AM
Oil wrestling would be fine with me.

Mad Dog
01-01-2012, 10:22 AM
20w50?

Nobody
01-01-2012, 11:56 PM
Runs on a scuba tank? Well I'll be damned, something more full of air than Gas Man. :lmao:

Gas Man
01-02-2012, 02:42 PM
Badabing

chopsmitty
01-20-2012, 03:37 AM
A few years ago I started to build an intercity ultra light weight scooter that was air powered and tried to source the air motor from Angelo - after much discussion he finally gave me a price for one prototype motor - $2million bucks !?!? I tried and tried to get one of his motors, but he said he was going to hold out for one of the big name manufacturers. At that point I started to think his claims were baloney... If it truely was a breakthrough technology, it would be gobbled up by now...

Gas Man
01-20-2012, 07:50 AM
Nice link back to michigan Chop!

chopsmitty
01-20-2012, 08:57 AM
I copied and pasted one of the rounds of emails I saved... The attachment was a form letter breaking down the pricing schedule...

I was planning on a carbon bodied, carbon fiber wheels, scooter with carbon scuba tanks and evolving to a design that held the compressed air in the carbon frame.
Too much hassle from this guy and then I just got busy...

Mr. Green,

As mentioned before our interest is to licence our technology for an up front fee plus royalty on the gross sale of the product, cost depends on the application, region and minimum target sale.
The best I can do for you is 2 million for the licence and 5% royalty on the gross sale of the product, if interested please come and visit Engineair.
Please see attachment.

----- Original Message -----
To: Angelo Di Pietro (info@engineair.com.au)
Sent: Friday, July 03, 2009 2:19 PM
Subject: Fw: Engineair

Just a follow-up to the last email I sent you. I've hired a business consultant. He is a former VP of Prince Corp, Herman Miller and a Shingo Prize winner. I believe the time is now and we must release this technology as soon as possible, so I look forward to hearing your thoughts and moving forward with the licensing agreements.

Greg Green
chopSmitty Hot Rods/Bikes
147 W Gardner
Sparta, Michigan 49345
616 836-3911
greg@chopsmitty.com

----- Forwarded Message ----
To: Angelo Di Pietro <info@engineair.com.au>
Sent: Sunday, June 14, 2009 9:57:25 PM
Subject: Re: Engineair

Angelo,

Thank you for returning my inquiry. I currently build custom motorcycles using Briggs & Stratton V-twin engines www.chopsmitty.com (http://www.chopsmitty.com/) and am looking for another product that I can manufacture on a much larger scale. I've been thinking this through for about 6 months now and am ready to build a prototype to do testing and get financial backing.

I am a mechanical designer at TricTool Ltd. www.trictool.com (http://www.trictool.com/) . My goal is to design an air powered scooter for intercity (and possibly beyond) use. I would be able to sign a confidentiality agreement and what ever type of contract you would insist on, to go forward with this project.

Obviously, I would need specifications on the air requirement and power output of this engine as well as its physical dimensions and weights, etc. to determine if my ideas would be feasible. Then I would need one or two of the engines to build a working prototype to secure financial backing. I have several interested parties that are waiting to see a working prototype and it's performance ability. At that point, after finacing is in place, I would be able to determine what the production volume target would be.

Just shooting from the hip, but I might be more interested in building the actual air motor here in the U.S., rather than importing it. Here in Michigan, there are literally hundreds of machine shops that have no work due to the automotive 'crisis'. My plans are to take advantage of this now underutilized resource. I have not pursued it, but I can imagine that some U.S. government funding might be available for a project of this nature... Let me know your thoughts on this.

Have you adapted this engine to an application similar to the scooter idea and, if so, what were the results-performance wise. I look forward to hearing from you.

Greg Green
chopSmitty Hot Rods/Bikes
147 W Gardner
Sparta, Michigan 49345
616 836-3911
greg@chopsmitty.com

To: greg@chopsmitty.com
Sent: Sunday, June 14, 2009 6:56:48 PM
Subject: Engineair

Dear Mr. Green,
Thank you for the interest in Engineair.
Please note that our interest is to licence our technology for an up front
fee plus royalty on the gross sale of the product, cost depends on the
application, region and minimum target sale.
If you interested in licensing please tell me more about you self, company and resources.

Kind regards
Angelo Di Pietro
Managing Director
Engineair Pty Ltd
5 Export Drive,
Brooklyn Vic 3012
Australia
T. +61 3 9318 0011
F. +61 3 93180012
M.+61 417 386 780
W. www.engineair.com.au (http://www.engineair.com.au/)
E. angelodipietro@engineair.com.au
Skype angelo1810
----- Original Message ----- From: <greg@chopsmitty.com>
To: <info@engineair.com.au>
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 6:14 AM
Subject: WWW Form Submission

> Below is the result of your feedback form. It was
> submitted by (greg@chopsmitty.com) on Wed Jun 10 06:14:21 EST 2009
> ---------------------------------------------------------
> FirstName: Greg
> ____________________________________________
>
> LastName: Green
>
> Company: Chopsmitty
>
> Address1: 147 W. Gardner
>
> City: Sparta
>
> State: Mi
>
> Postcode: 49345
>
> Country: US
>
> Contactnumber: 616 8363911
>
> Comments: I am very interested in building a show bike and possibly a very limited production run of custom motorcycles or mopeds using your air motor. Please contact me at your earliest convienience to discuss licensing and purchase of this wonderful technology.
> (This is the second time I've written... please contact me!)
> Thank you,
> -Greg

Gas Man
01-20-2012, 10:17 AM
Wow. Will read all that later.