PDA

View Full Version : Um... Wtf!

Moesride
12-23-2011, 07:24 PM
Ok..... Someone explain to me how you can run a car into a concrete post in a strip mall parking lot that only has two stores in it, the rest is vacant :idk: and no, my wife doesn't drink. You should have seen her trying to explain how it happened. I couldn't keep a straight face :lmao:This happened this afternoon. No damage to her :dthumb: She did get a police report, so... now the insurance crap starts. Would have loved to have been the cop that responded to her call :scratch: We wen't back to take a pic of the post that got in HER way :lmao:.Oh well, gotta love her.

Gas Man
12-23-2011, 07:38 PM
Ok hold on... she ran into that pole? What was she looking at?

RedneckMedic
12-23-2011, 08:02 PM
:lala:

Moesride
12-23-2011, 08:09 PM
It's basically an empty parking lot. Her intention was to go in to pick up some christmas things for my daughter at a nail/hair salon. As she drove by the front of the store she turned her head to read some of the banners they have in the front windows while the car was still rolling forward and Bam! I'm thinking she had seen the parking lot was empty of any cars or people so she turned to read the adds. Obviously for way to long as the car veered to the left as she was reading. Thank God nobody or anything was actualy there.Honestly, she was a bit shaken up thinking what if someone would have been there! Not cool. That's the best I can do in explaining it :idk:

Mad Dog
12-23-2011, 08:11 PM
:blowup:What did she think of the air bag!

"She did get a police report, so... now the insurance crap starts."

Plead The Fifth....
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r84/Valueteck/wildturkey101.jpg

Moesride
12-23-2011, 08:21 PM
:blowup:What did she think of the air bag! I think she was going around 15-20 mph. To fast in any parking lot. I don't know much about airbags but it deploid at a preety low speed. Obviuosly hit the front just in the right spot. Scared the life outa her. Nope , she's not a fan of airbags!

Nobody
12-23-2011, 08:21 PM
set off the air bag, so she was doing 30-35 ( + or - depending on mfg )

I vote for keeping prints of the pictures as blackmail if she ever bawlks at anything you do.

Moesride
12-23-2011, 08:26 PM

I vote for keeping prints of the pictures as blackmail if she ever bawlks at anything you do. Yup, I'm thinkin she was going faster too. I took pictures and I'm gonna put them on the fridge door so she knows Whats Up!

Moesride
12-23-2011, 08:35 PM
I'm thinkin some of you guys will get to meet her down the road. She might be able to explain it to you a hell of a lot better than I can understand it.

sprink
12-23-2011, 08:38 PM

I vote for keeping prints of the pictures as blackmail if she ever bawlks at anything you do.

Yup, I'm thinkin she was going faster too. I took pictures and I'm gonna put them on the fridge door so she knows Whats Up!

My thoughts exactly!

Bagger Dave
12-23-2011, 08:46 PM
wow! glad she was ok :hss:

I hear ya Moe...would be hard to keep a straight face :didntdo: :lol :lala:

:lmao:

Moesride
12-23-2011, 08:50 PM
wow! glad she was ok :hss:

I hear ya Moe...would be hard to keep a straight face :didntdo: :lol :lala:

:lmao: Yah Dave, Gotta laugh to keep from cryin!

Gas Man
12-23-2011, 10:34 PM
That's crazy man. I hope she's ok beyond her bruised ego and look forward to meeting her.

Nobody
12-24-2011, 06:47 AM
I have a theory that came to mind here as I'm waiting for the coffee pot to finish.

She was distracted (phone or else wise), drifted into the parking lot, looked up, panicked/got startled, stomped the gas when she meant the break.

That's the logical theory

alternative/more amusing theory: She was momentarily possesed by NASCAR feaver and went the way of Dale Erheart

Moesride
12-24-2011, 08:39 AM
That's crazy man. I hope she's ok beyond her bruised ego and look forward to meeting her. She's good Chris,thanks. Embarassesd and upset with herself Bigtime but when you guys do meet her, give her Hell man, she's got a good sence of humor.

Moesride
12-24-2011, 08:48 AM
I have a theory that came to mind here as I'm waiting for the coffee pot to finish.

She was distracted (phone or else wise), drifted into the parking lot, looked up, panicked/got startled, stomped the gas when she meant the break.

That's the logical theory

alternative/more amusing theory: She was momentarily possesed by NASCAR feaver and went the way of Dale Erheart Damn! That's some preety good detective work. Good one, made me laugh :lmao:. All I can tell you is after the cars back on the road, if you see a a white Hybrid Insight anywhere near you, Get the hell out of the way! :runaway:

Gas Man
12-24-2011, 09:08 AM
She's good Chris,thanks. Embarassesd and upset with herself Bigtime but when you guys do meet her, give her Hell man, she's got a good sence of humor.

Awesome, I will. I love a gal with a good sense of humor!!

Mad Dog
12-24-2011, 09:28 AM
All joking aside I'm glad she is ok. The air bag alone could have hurt her.
We all can have a momentery lapse behind the wheel of a cage.
Hell, cars these days are like sitting in your family room on the couch.
I've slapped myself more than once for not devoting full attention behind the wheel.
Go ahead....I left myself open on that one......

Moesride
12-24-2011, 09:53 AM
All joking aside I'm glad she is ok. The air bag alone could have hurt her.
We all can have a momentery lapse behind the wheel of a cage.
Hell, cars these days are like sitting in your family room on the couch.
I've slapped myself more than once for not devoting full attention behind the wheel.
Go ahead....I left myself open on that one...... Thanks Don. She's ok. It just shook her up a little bit. We all have brain farts once in a while that just makes no sense. So... um... are you slappin yourself while your driving or you waiting till you get home :lmao:

junkyardjon
12-24-2011, 03:18 PM
glad she's alright and sorry for scaring her. i was standing there in a trench coat and was about to flash her when she hit the pole LOL

Moesride
12-24-2011, 08:55 PM
glad she's alright and sorry for scaring her. i was standing there in a trench coat and was about to flash her when she hit the pole LOL Dude!! Thats some funny shit right there. :lmao: I'm guessing your Vagina freeked her out ! :D :cheers:

junkyardjon
12-24-2011, 09:09 PM
yeah, it is kinda hairy :lmao:

Bagger Dave
12-24-2011, 09:13 PM
yeah, it is kinda hairy :lmao:

Oh Shit!! T.M.I!! :lala::eightball6:

Moesride
12-24-2011, 09:19 PM
:lol That's awesome man! you gotta mow that shit! :D

Gas Man
12-24-2011, 11:56 PM
Oh snap :lmao: :rofl:

Mad Dog
12-25-2011, 09:58 AM
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r84/Valueteck/Misc/hairy-pits06.jpg

Gas Man
12-25-2011, 11:09 AM
:hss::wtfru:

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/Posting/Ban%20or%20Locked/ban_him.jpg

Bagger Dave
12-25-2011, 11:20 AM
redflip:lmao::lmao:

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x59/davessleeve/funny-4.gif

Mad Dog
12-25-2011, 11:37 AM
It was either that or the Christmas Skinny Chick!:lmao:

Gas Man
12-25-2011, 11:43 AM
You bastard Don!

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/Posting/lolcat-funny-picture-moderator1.jpg

:rofl:

Mad Dog
12-25-2011, 12:46 PM
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r84/Valueteck/barff.gif

Gas Man
12-25-2011, 03:11 PM
Red x?

RedneckMedic
12-26-2011, 04:43 PM
The title of this thread is perfect since it got really out of hand...good lord I did not expect it to go from car accident to almost seeing the skinny chick again

Mad Dog
12-26-2011, 05:37 PM
It might still happen..............

RedneckMedic
12-26-2011, 05:40 PM
:eek:

Gas Man
12-26-2011, 08:44 PM
And Don may be the first real poster to ever get banned!! :lol:

Bagger Dave
12-26-2011, 09:59 PM
And Don may be the first real poster to ever get banned!! :lol:

:lmao: :gofurslf: :lmao:

Mad Dog
12-26-2011, 10:01 PM
I've found a couple that make the skinny chick look like a prom date!:yum:

sprink
12-26-2011, 11:09 PM
waiting........................................... ......

Gas Man
12-27-2011, 09:08 AM
Don't encourage sprink.. DON'T DO IT! NOOOOOOOO

Mad Dog
12-27-2011, 08:23 PM
Old but what the hell.........
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r84/Valueteck/MooseKnuckle.jpg

Gas Man
12-27-2011, 08:31 PM
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/Posting/Bump%20or%20Jacked/ThreadJack.jpg

sprink
12-27-2011, 09:06 PM
Sorry......................my eyes..........ohh my eyes

Mad Dog
12-28-2011, 10:32 AM
:lmao:LOL:lmao:

Moesride
12-28-2011, 03:40 PM
Givemhell Don! :dthumb:

Moesride
12-31-2011, 11:49 AM
This thread has way run it's coarse but I just need to add one more thing. The adjuster from our Ins. Co. called me yesterday with an estimate on repairs for the car at $9200 !! Look, I don't know a hell of alot about cars/repairs but I can tell you that I was floored when he told me the cost of repairs. He said airbag and some electronic things got jacked. Yeah it took a hit but?? It looked like a little more than a fender bender to me plus airbag.. Look at the pics! I did not expect it to be that much. Hell, they sell for 22k new! I guess it is what it is.

junkyardjon
12-31-2011, 05:48 PM
any pic's of the tear down? i know how this game works cause thats what i do for a living, collision repair LOL. :lol
if they total it, find out what the buy back is. might be worth buying back and fixing it yourself. it's not a hard hit at all. thats a walk in the park compared to the stuff i fix

junkyardjon
12-31-2011, 05:54 PM
oh and sorry for flashing her but if it helps, i had a thong on.... :drool:

Mad Dog
12-31-2011, 06:14 PM
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r84/Valueteck/rotten-teeth11.jpg

junkyardjon
12-31-2011, 07:00 PM
meth?

Moesride
01-01-2012, 02:21 AM
any pic's of the tear down? i know how this game works cause thats what i do for a living, collision repair LOL. :lol
if they total it, find out what the buy back is. might be worth buying back and fixing it yourself. it's not a hard hit at all. thats a walk in the park compared to the stuff i fix Cars at the body shop so as far as pics of the tear down goes, I don't have any. Progressive did not total it. The adjuster told me since it was a 2010 it was repairable. From what your saying $9200 is nuts and I agree but why would an insurance company adjuster appraise the repairs so high if it's Bullshit? Oh, and I'm still trying to get the Thong visual out of my mind :hss: :cheers:

Gas Man
01-01-2012, 05:27 AM
Labor and parts is expensive. And remember they have the tear it down first. It's allot of work. I hear ya on it's crazy but that's not bad. Hell my chop insurance job was abt the same.

junkyardjon
01-01-2012, 10:37 AM
not really crazy when they find every little thing wrong and i mean everything !!! they will write down the smallest part, buy a new one then reuse the old part LOL. air bag... little more than that, seat belt and maybe a retractor in the seat. might of burnt the plug's too so add a clock spring and maybe a seat belt harness. i don't know this car but it's pretty much standard anymore.
at that price you better be getting NEW factory parts, not used or aftermarket. i ain't gonna get into the used parts deal cause it's just funny and i hate typing long replies LOL.
the adjusters job is to write down the damaged parts, thats it.

just remember something.... if you ain't happy with the finished product, MAKE THE SHOP FIX IT !!!!!! don't accept crap work and bitch about it. i don't know how many times i've fixed other shop's work but it's sad really. even some dealer's do crap work so stand firm on them fixing it. don't stand for sub par color match either, they should blend the color into the next panel. if it don't match, reject it !!
in short, i'm just sick of sub par work !!!!! and coffee & donuts never hurt either ahahahahahahahaha

Mad Dog
01-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Labor and parts is expensive. And remember they have the tear it down first. It's allot of work. I hear ya on it's crazy but that's not bad. Hell my chop insurance job was abt the same.

I just had to replace the module under the passenger seat on my 03 Impala that controls the air bags. $400 for a new part. I found a used one on ebay for $50 figured i'd give it a try and it worked. Was a little leary of a used air bag module but a friend who is a GM tech that diagnosed it checked it after install and all if ok. Yes , parts are REAL expensive!

junkyardjon
01-01-2012, 12:33 PM
I just had to replace the module under the passenger seat on my 03 Impala that controls the air bags. $400 for a new part. I found a used one on ebay for $50 figured i'd give it a try and it worked. Was a little leary of a used air bag module but a friend who is a GM tech that diagnosed it checked it after install and all if ok. Yes , parts are REAL expensive!

but you need to remember shops don't pay retail for factory parts. if people knew what shops pay, joe public would be bitching. it's funny cause it's such a big difference on price.

yes you can use a used one on some car's, others have to be new or repaired. yes i said repaired !! there's a few place's that will repair it for $75 or so LOL. after you do it's awhile, you start to see the make up on parts and you just have to laugh cause it's all a big scam really. some GM car's have a plastic case, those will reset by thier self but they still charge for a new one...

like one guy asked me about a fuel pump for his car, the float needle stopped working and everybody wanted to sell him a new pump for $500. thats the price of a new assembly. but what they didn't tell him is a new float needle assembly is only $36. so long story short i saved him a good amount of money and he come's to me now for repairs.

i have a love/hate relationship with repair shops LOL

Gas Man
01-02-2012, 02:36 PM
That is why I have one good body shop & won't go to those dealer shops.