PDA

View Full Version : Feature request - My Recent Topics

Kosher
12-19-2011, 07:23 PM
Curious to see if this could get implemented - its a search feature which lists all the threads you've posted in (not your posts, the threads you've posted in), so if there's a new post in that thread, it moves to the top and show's there's an unread post.

http://keithhu.smugmug.com/Other/Stuff-Bucket/i-cDJZ9BC/0/X3/newposts-X3.png

http://keithhu.smugmug.com/Other/Stuff-Bucket/i-DW7CSt4/1/L/newpostsview-L.png

Gas Man
12-19-2011, 09:12 PM
That's a vb3 thing.

In vb4 you can use under quick links "subscribed threads" or under top right, "settings" you will find the same thing basically in your control panel.

Kosher
12-19-2011, 10:04 PM
Thanks - thats not the same. I'm not subscribed to every thread I post to - nor do I really want to be. In my control panel, I can see every post I've made, but again, not the same thing. I'm looking for a list of most recent threads I've posted to, to see if there are any new posts. But no big deal if its not a feature of this bbs software.

Gas Man
12-20-2011, 09:46 AM
Change your settings for you to subscribe without emails to all threads you post in.

Gas Man
12-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Set it to "through my control panel only"
http://www.twowheelmichigan.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Kosher
12-20-2011, 10:26 AM
Right - thanks, that works!

Gas Man
12-20-2011, 11:15 AM
The vb4 stuff is very different than what we are use to with vb3. It has took me a while to get use to it. Even the skins are different and don't seem to stray too far from this basic layout.

There are some super cool options though. Like pasting in articles from other sources... can simply copy/paste them... everything including pics comes over. That is super cool.

I too use recent topics or my posts on other sites. Here's it's not big enough to worry about... yet!

Kosher
12-20-2011, 02:41 PM
the "My Recent Topics" feature, at least as implemented on hdforums.com is nice, but kinda flakey, I find that old threads that get a new post often dont show up back to the top of the list like they should.

[sorry for the post in the other thread, I tried to delete it, no joy.]

Gas Man
12-20-2011, 08:47 PM
I'll check on the other post you're talking about and take care of it... no worries.

I find the same results on other forums with it not bouncing back up older threads. Allot of that is due to the skins. vb3 skins got real diluted, if you will, and while that offered up lots of cool features it sometimes missed the bulls-eye on some things.

Let me know if what I showed you doesn't work. I can try to get something else figured out. My only issue right now is, my bud Trip, who helps me with the software is going thru a job change and probably a house move soon. I'm trying to give him some breathing space with all his life stuff going on.

Kosher
12-20-2011, 09:12 PM
Chris, its a fine forum, runs great, you are doing a great job. The only other suggestion I'd have - and this is a nit for sure, not a huge deal - is for more smilies. I'm a fairly heavy user of hdforums.com, I like their smilies, and they have a really large selection. If you could grab those, that would be super, but I have no idea of the level of effort.

But again, the site seems to run really well, and I'm looking forward to hanging here, as long as yall will have me. :)

Gas Man
12-20-2011, 10:41 PM
Really? Have you posted in advanced mode or quick reply? Advanced has a huge selection. I think like 200 smilies.

And thanks for the compliments. I have been trying real hard. Finalizing a biz card design. Want cards for the ims show.

Kosher
12-20-2011, 10:42 PM
Really? Have you posted in advanced mode or quick reply? Advanced has a huge selection. I think like 200 smilies.

And thanks for the compliments. I have been trying real hard. Finalizing a biz card design. Want cards for the ims show.

Yikes, I will have to be more observant, will check it out. Holy crap, dozens. :sorry:

Gas Man
12-20-2011, 10:54 PM
No worries man. I was just curious if you saw em and still wanted more. Than I would be all "whoa". :rofl: