PDA

View Full Version : New Red Wing laces

Gas Man
12-17-2011, 07:47 AM
I went out to pick up my annual/bi-annual safety boots...

Found these boots.... they are water proof, non-metalic toe (good in winter cold), a super grip soul, and this new lace thing.

Red Wing Safety Boots - 4216 Red Wing Men's - 6-Inch Boot Brown (http://www.redwingsafety.com/safety-boot/4216-safe-us/4216-red-wing-mens-6-inch-boot-brown/industry-oil-gas/filter-oil-gas-resistance-outsole-best,red-wing-brand,safety-toe,waterproof)

You twist the knob on the tongue and it tightens the aircraft braided cable that acts as laces. It tightens the entire shoe, and you are basically "tieing" your laces with 2 fingers NOT 2 hands. Plus it never loosens like laces do.

Want to take off your boots? Pull the knob out and keep pulling to put the tongue and put slack to your boot. Kick em off.

All of it is backed with a lifetime warranty. It's super cool. I like em... only negative... where they are made, which I just noticed when I looked up the link. Grrrr

RedneckMedic
12-17-2011, 05:55 PM
I still love my bates boots but those are nice too. I've really fallen for the boots with a side zip so they come on and off easy. I've had them for 2 years and I think have only tied them twice. They have also held up very well are pretty sure are USA made

Bagger Dave
12-17-2011, 09:37 PM
Fuckin Baller!!redflip :phat:

junkyardjon
12-17-2011, 10:06 PM
look like reebok pumps but boots lol

Gas Man
12-17-2011, 11:45 PM
LOL Jon, I thought the same thing. But instead of a pump it's a twist.

Nobody
12-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Cool concept, though I'm skittish about Red Wings. I bought a pair and they roached out in under 9 months. The el-cheapy boots I bought at meijer after that lasted 2+years. Only pitched them after I walked a shot glass sized hole in both soles.

Gas Man
12-26-2011, 12:26 AM
I have never had an issue with a set of RW's. That's all I'll buy for work.