PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Parking

Mad Dog
12-05-2011, 11:34 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/motoringvideo/8651901/Driver-flips-car-into-parking-space.html

Bagger Dave
12-05-2011, 12:46 PM
Oh Shit!! :didntdo::runaway::lmao:

Moesride
12-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Wow!! :hss:. Glad he walked away. When my son first got his license 10 yrs. ago, he and four of his friends decided to take his car out and treat it like a Dune Buggy. Rolled the car over twice! Thank God none of them were hurt. ( car was totaled). A year later as my lovely bride of 25 yrs. left work to come home, she flipped her car over entering I-94 & telegraph rd.from the fast lane. Snowing out and roads were really icey. She hit the concrete barrier over telegraph and the car climbed and landed on it"s top! Thank God she wasn't hurt, not a scratch. People driving behind her stopped to form a road block so no one would slam into her. I count my blessings. Two people flipping cars a year apart in one houhold. :idk: No one hurt!!!! :dthumb:

Gas Man
12-05-2011, 08:23 PM
I saw that video when it came out this summer. CRAZY!!

Moe, that is insane and really nice that no one was injured. WOW! Got pics of these totaled cars?

Moesride
12-05-2011, 08:47 PM
Yeah, got lucky on no one getting hurt. My son and his buddys were f...ing around. After the shock of the roll over and them being ok, man was I pissed. He had a Suzuki Sidekick four door. Had 48k. miles. My wife had a leaser, jeep cherokee four door, the old boxy ones, preety solid car. Insurance paid the loan on the totaled jeep but the Sidekick had plpd. had to eat that one. As far as pics i'd have to dig them up.If I find them ill post it.

Gas Man
12-05-2011, 11:44 PM
WOW... I know my stomach drops just hearing about somebody I love being in an accident. I remember when the wife got T-boned a few years back in a bad snow storm... I jumped in my truck, put it in 4x4 and flew out of the parking lot sideways... just to have her call me back 15 mins later telling me she was driving home... door ajar but driving home. Her equinox took the blow very well.

Moesride
12-06-2011, 12:07 AM
Lucky she was driving that equinax. Preety good size SUV. Glad she wasn't hurt. The stomach drop short of sh...ing yourself is the worst when it comes to family and friends that are dear to you. Stay save everyone, two wheels or four!!

DK Custom
12-06-2011, 12:38 AM
Crazy lucky that guy was. He was moving pretty quick before going over the wall.

Gas Man
12-06-2011, 04:28 AM
You're right moe. I always feel lucky to have her and glad to keep her.

Dk. I agree, talk about a rush.

RedneckMedic
12-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Accidents are always scary I showed up to a bad double roll over in southgate the other day on eureka. One care was upside down in the center lane no one seriously hurt all able to walk to the side walk. the other was about 50 yards away in a parking lot that rolled up few times and landed right side up and had a young girl driving it and that ended up being my patient. So please everyone drive safe this winter I hate seeing and hearing about "accidents".

Gas Man
12-08-2011, 12:15 AM
I hear ya rugby. Being the safety guy at work I cringe at all the accidents I see on the road. I see them because I drive safer than most so I can watch the accident happen from a far. They are usually so preventable.

Mad Dog
12-08-2011, 04:34 PM
My famliy and I dodged the big one on Nov 26th. Haven't been on here much and this is why. My son was involved in a head on crash that almost took his life.
Though he has severe leg trauma he had no head, spinal or internal injuries. Detail are sketchy as my son does not recall what really happened. The other driver also sustained severe injuries but none were life threatening.
It was estimated both vehicles were traveling at about 55mph. They were both driving Chevrolet Impala's.
Seatbelts and Air Bags saved both drivers.
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r84/Valueteck/Misc/CarCrash003.jpg

Moesride
12-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Oh my God Mad Dog!! First let me say that prayers go out to you and your family, especially your son. Hopefully he recovers from his injuries quickly. From the looks of the car, he got REALLY lucky. Thats a bad one. Scary Stuff!!!

Mad Dog
12-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Yeah looks like he will be home next week. Will take about another 6 weeks before he can put any weight on his legs. Then rehab starts.
Doctors say he should walk fine.

Moesride
12-08-2011, 08:33 PM
Glad to hear he's gonna be fine. Looks like you and your Fam. dogged a bullet. :dthumb:

Gas Man
12-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Damn Don. I'm sorry to hear that. But he'll survive and be unscared when it's all done. That's a huge blessing.

Do you think they'll fix up his car? LOL

Mad Dog
12-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Well I don't know about unscared. He'll have a nice one where the left femur tore out of his leg just above the knee.
And both lower legs had compound fractures as well. Doc says he'll walk fine in about 3-4 months.

Gas Man
12-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Well that's what I mean Don. By summer he'll be back at it. I'm glad to hear he'll be fine. It could have been much worse!!!

Moesride
12-09-2011, 10:57 PM
Well I don't know about unscared. He'll have a nice one where the left femur tore out of his leg just above the knee.
And both lower legs had compound fractures as well. Doc says he'll walk fine in about 3-4 months. You know Don, your son and I have something in common. I also had my left femur shattered just below my hip (trochanter). Bone was pushing out at my skin. Fell of a schaffolding back in 03. Had surgery the same day. I have a plate and screws from my groin half way down to my knee. Thought I would never recover. Took me about 7 month with therapy before I could walk preety good again. Fine now. Tell him to hang in there and don't get discouraged. He will heal.

Mad Dog
12-10-2011, 09:39 AM
Thanks Moe. I know what the doctors say but still wonder how he will heal. Good to hear a success story. Thanks!

Gas Man
12-10-2011, 11:28 PM
Good word Moe.

Gas Man
12-18-2011, 12:14 PM
Don, how's your son???

Mad Dog
12-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Got him home wed. and now we have about a 4-6 week wait for his bones to heal so he can start rehab.
Not much he can do till then.
He has a good mental outlook for a guy with 2 broken legs and a broken wrist.

Gas Man
12-18-2011, 10:52 PM
Well you know PigPen/John broke both his legs... he's doing fine now.

I'm glad to hear he's making it along.

Mad Dog
12-19-2011, 10:16 AM
Yeah, i remember when that happened. I think he fell out of a tree stand??
Steve's young, only 22 so he should heal up fine also. Just a real pain for him till he gets back on his feet.

Gas Man
12-19-2011, 02:49 PM
Yep you got it right.

22, yeah he'll be fine, but damn he will feel it all later in life when he's old and gray... kinda like you. :lmao:

Mad Dog
12-19-2011, 07:06 PM
Hey I resemble....er I mean resent that remark!
:wtf:

Moesride
12-19-2011, 10:40 PM
Yep you got it right.

22, yeah he'll be fine, but damn he will feel it all later in life when he's old and gray... kinda like you. :lmao: :lmao:....Hey wait, I'm an old f...cker too. :scratch:

Gas Man
12-20-2011, 11:26 AM
Maybe Moe, but we're just picking on Don at the moment. Don't want him thinking we are too soft, got to kick him a little bit when he's down. It's guy code. :lmao:

Mad Dog
12-20-2011, 12:14 PM
Moe we could do a road trip in the spring and introduce this young guy to cement overshoes....
The Detroit River aint far. Just Sayin.......

Moesride
12-20-2011, 07:44 PM
Moe we could do a road trip in the spring and introduce this young guy to cement overshoes....
The Detroit River aint far. Just Sayin....... Ok Chris, were comin for yah......um....... what if WE end up in the river Don? :lol: :dthumb:

Gas Man
12-20-2011, 09:01 PM
And remember boys...l shoot back. :D :biggun:
:overkill:

Mad Dog
12-20-2011, 09:28 PM
And remember boys...l shoot back. :D :biggun:
:overkill:

Here, I got one for ya!
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r84/Valueteck/suicidegun-1.jpg

Gas Man
12-20-2011, 10:44 PM
Oh thanks.

Moesride
12-21-2011, 06:37 AM
Dons talking Rubber bullets with that Pistola Chris. :D , and after were done kicking each others asses, its :beers: time. I'm buyin :dthumb:

Gas Man
12-21-2011, 10:57 PM
I'm game moe!