PDA

View Full Version : Volta Electric MC

Gas Man
12-01-2011, 08:57 AM
Kinda neat and I at least like the idea of new green cars.

The latest offering available in 2012, with an aesthetic that I qualify a cross between Scooter and Sport Bike, is from a Spanish company called Volta offering 3 models in the 35 HP, 45 mph (70 km/h) all electric range. Pricing? About $10,000 (€7,000.) For this type of silent performance? it’s too little power and range to interest the vast majority of Americans commuting for work. But in Europe, supposedly, there is a waiting list to get one delivered in Q2 of 2012…

Moesride
12-01-2011, 11:01 PM
I can see why there's a waiting list. I think alot of people that are attracted to the bike live and work within their city and don't have far to travel. A clean inexpensive way to get around. 10 grand seems pricey, but what isn't when your talking electric. Don't know how far it will go on a charge, but even 50 miles within a tight Europeon city at 45mph max is Ok as a daily ride. Cool looking bike, I like it. For me, Just can't beat the sound of a well tuned exhaust system burning fuel.

Gas Man
12-02-2011, 09:00 PM
There is a cliche market for these, but more so for big cities like NY or Chi-Town where parking is on high demand.

TheReaper!
01-18-2012, 08:42 PM
That stuff goes well in Europe for the same reason 50cc scooters go well . Every thing is very close together there and most speed limits are very low . On top of all of that gasoline is like $8 a gallon in most of Europe .

Mad Dog
01-19-2012, 07:48 PM
Electric is cool but need to remember most electricity comes from coal.