PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle swap meet tomorrow

Moesride
11-19-2011, 08:43 PM
I was thinking about going tomorrow. Iv'e never been there and I was wondering if anyone's gone in the past. Any good? It's at the Suburban collection/Rock financial showplace. It runs for Five hours 11am-4pm.

Gas Man
11-19-2011, 09:41 PM
Have been and would not suggest. Cost too much for not much.

$5 parking
$10 entry

I was thinking about riding someplace... not sure which direction...

Moesride
11-19-2011, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the heads up Gas. I was on the fence about going anway. Looks like I'll wait for the International bike show in Jan.

Gas Man
11-19-2011, 10:05 PM
Yeah I plan on going to that as well.

toby
11-20-2011, 08:33 AM
might go but might go for a ride today or I'll wait for the International bike show in Jan.hope to meet some of you there at show

Gas Man
11-20-2011, 11:26 AM
Toby... check back hear... I think we will do a meet & greet with the IMS show as well.

junkyardjon
11-21-2011, 07:15 PM
if it's your first time going, then go.
i've been there enough times to know it's not worth me time but i buy odd ball parts. most times i did find a few small things to buy cause i know i'd need them down the road and i'd never find them at that price. i liked it better when it was at the fair grounds.

seatmaker
11-21-2011, 07:27 PM
Unfortunately I went and what Gas said. It sucked, same ole shit every year. I was looking for some seats to recover, found only one I was interested in but he wanted a 3 times what I paid for one last year for a piece of ripped rusty trash. I passed. Had a good time with the buds anyways.

Remo
11-21-2011, 08:05 PM
I was next door at the Pet Expo, which was a decent show. I will most likely be attending the IMS in January as well, even though it seems to get progressively worse every year. If you have never been it's worth checking out.

Moesride
11-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Toby... check back hear... I think we will do a meet & greet with the IMS show as well. Meet and greet sounds like a winner. I'm in.

Gas Man
11-22-2011, 08:08 AM
Unfortunately I went and what Gas said. It sucked, same ole shit every year. I was looking for some seats to recover, found only one I was interested in but he wanted a 3 times what I paid for one last year for a piece of ripped rusty trash. I passed. Had a good time with the buds anyways.
Having a good time with buds is about the only reason I ever went. But I can see why you would go. As said, if you need those types of parts then go, otherwise it's not worth even the drive.

I was next door at the Pet Expo, which was a decent show. I will most likely be attending the IMS in January as well, even though it seems to get progressively worse every year. If you have never been it's worth checking out.

I know that about IMS. I didn't go for years (right after the first year at Rock) and then went last year with BIL so he could look at new bikes. Will go this year just for the site, and MNG

Meet and greet sounds like a winner. I'm in.

Sweet!