PDA

View Full Version : How to Build an Electric Cafe Racer

Gas Man
11-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Too cool!!

South Carolina husband and wife Ed and Tammy build for fun their own electric motorcycles for a very modest budget. They decided to build an electric Cafe Racer in the style of the Triumphs of the 70′s and starting from a 1978 Honda CB750 costing them only $250 they arrived to finish EV motorcycle featured here. And this very nice couple are nice enough, although in a very amateurish website, to explain to you how they did it and how you could also build yours. So, I will not repeat. Before you bug Ed and Tammy for more advice, just a warning before you are getting started. There is a lot of voltage on an electric bike. Wired incorrectly, these batteries can seriously injure or kill you. Summary explanation at: Juiced Drag Racing (http://juiceddragracing.com/cafe1.html)

TheReaper!
11-26-2011, 11:00 AM
COOL ! I've heard that there have been some fires on the new electric cars . Also after a wreck there can be serious problems , that take an expert to sort out ? I think I'm beginning to understand why GM crushed all those electrics several years ago . http://www.electrifyingtimes.com/ev1crush.html

TheReaper!

Gas Man
11-26-2011, 11:45 AM
WOW where's the cliff notes on that article? :lol:

RedneckMedic
11-28-2011, 03:50 PM
I know that with some of the early hybrids there was a problem with some type of electrical running through the a post of the car and in an accident if it had to be cut with the jaws the guys holding it would get a nasty little shock. not sure if the problem has been fixed or if it is different on the full electric vehicles though since I haven't taken any extrication classes lately.

Gas Man
11-28-2011, 08:20 PM
Sweet... a bonus shocking when called the scene.

RedneckMedic
11-29-2011, 12:54 AM
Ya and I've been getting a car accident just about every shift the past week or so with this rain

Gas Man
11-29-2011, 08:50 AM
Great for you, bad for them. At least it's keeping you busy. Wouldn't want you to get bored.