PDA

View Full Version : Jesse James with Paul Sr & Jr

Gas Man
10-27-2011, 08:42 PM
Jesse James returning to Discovery Channel for live 'American Chopper' battle -- EXCLUSIVE by James Hibberd (http://www.ew.com/ew/james-hibberd)

http://img2-2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2011/10/27/Jesse-James_240.jpg Image Credit: Discovery

Huge news for American Chopper fans: Jesse James is returning to the network that made him famous to compete head-to-head against the Teutuls on American Chopper.

Marking his first appearance on Discovery Chanel in five years, the former Monster Garage star will guest star on Chopper across two nights in December. Not only that, but American Chopper is going live for the first time — pitting James, Paul Teutul, Senior and Paul Teutul Jr. in a bike-building battle at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas.
The face-off airs Dec. 5 and 6 at 9 p.m. both nights. The first night is the regularly scheduled American Chopper. You’ll see Senior, Junior and James building the bikes, and viewers will vote for their favorite. The second night is a live show from Las Vegas where the winning bike will be revealed.

For Chopper fans, this is the stuff of online message-board wish fulfillment. Jesse James’ documentary Motorcycle Mania helped launch the whole cable reality motorcycle craze back in 2000, whereas relative later-comer American Chopper helped bring the genre to a greater level in popularity. James then left Discovery and went on to other ventures, including his short-lived Spike TV series Jesse James is a Dead Man (and drawing international headlines for his divorce from Sandra Bullock).

Though James and the Teutuls respective motorcycle garage shows overlapped during James’ years at Discovery (Monster Garage ran from 2002-06; Chopper has aired since 2003), this event marks the first time the combustible personalities have gone head-to-head on one of the programs.

Thruxtonbill
10-27-2011, 09:16 PM
OOOO The train just got longer, makes for a better wreck.:boobs:

Gas Man
10-27-2011, 09:34 PM
OH snAP!

junkyardjon
10-29-2011, 07:32 PM
they should give them raw material (cept drive tain) and have ONLY them build a bike from it. now that i would watch. i know who would win hands down.
only one of the big name people knows wtf they are doing.

Gas Man
10-29-2011, 07:35 PM
True Jon.

Bagger Dave
11-08-2011, 09:05 PM
I am going to check this out! :rockwoot: should be good! :cheers: :dthumb:

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/american-chopper/chopper-live/

http://174.143.245.89/static/landing/img/talent_bg.png

Gas Man
11-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Repost so I merged em.

I can't wait to see it!!!!!

Bagger Dave
11-08-2011, 09:28 PM
Repost so I merged em.

I can't wait to see it!!!!!

oops...my bad:bonk:
cool thanks bro! :D

Bagger Dave
11-08-2011, 09:43 PM
I can't wait to see it also! :dthumb: :cheers:

Gas Man
11-09-2011, 11:04 PM
Thanks for bouncing this Dave... Great picture on your post too.

Now somebody please remind me when it gets closer so I can set my dvr. :cheers:

RedneckMedic
11-10-2011, 12:11 AM
Ya I would like to watch it but it will probably be one of those long dragged out shows where nothing happens and just keep telling it will happen after the break and it just keeps going and going and going kinda like this sentence since there is no punctuation and or even more important exclamation or meaning to this rant a lot like the show will be

Gas Man
11-10-2011, 01:11 AM
I don't know... JJ should bring some credit to it.

Bagger Dave
11-10-2011, 06:24 AM
Thanks for bouncing this Dave... Great picture on your post too.

Now somebody please remind me when it gets closer so I can set my dvr. :cheers:

I will shoot ya a text!! no problem!:cheers:

Thruxtonbill
11-10-2011, 08:13 AM
Ya I would like to watch it but it will probably be one of those long dragged out shows where nothing happens and just keep telling it will happen after the break and it just keeps going and going and going kinda like this sentence since there is no punctuation and or even more important exclamation or meaning to this rant a lot like the show will be
:lmao:

Gas Man
11-24-2011, 07:38 AM
An update

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/american-chopper-jesse-james-old-rivals-aftershow-2.html#mkcpgn=snag1

I like Jesse, but he needs to learn some modesty.

Bagger Dave
12-04-2011, 09:28 PM
tomorrow night! :dthumb:redflip

Moesride
12-04-2011, 10:35 PM
Should be good. Looking forward to it. :dthumb:

Gas Man
12-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Sr's machine like said before would be super fun to romp around in snow or mud and just cause havoc.

Jr's bike is exactly what I would have expected from PJD. Over the top, doing things others haven't. Jr has the eye for design and blowing your mind immediately. That's what is needed to make that expensive paid client happy or to wow the crowds. The front and rear ends were awesome. Similar has been done before but he took it to the next level. But did we ever see the front wheel @ a 90* to the bike or did they change their mind? The smoker was over the top but looked great when he was riding it.

JJ's bike is very nice. The red against that polished stainless is amazing looking. It's not over the top. The mix of red and polish was RIGHT on. The chrome in the gas tank had a classic 50's car feel to it. But as Vinny said, it's something that so many others could do out of any decent builders garage. It lacks that big punch.

On the drama...

JJ needs to lay off the bashing, I know it's his style but it just makes him look like an insecure a$*hat. He speaks about "my bikes are built to run 100mph from Texas to Sturgis and back". Does he not remember blowin belts one of his last chopper shows?

I think Jr needs to calm down a bit and stop taking things so personally. He's big on the social media and getting his word out there. But it works for him and he probably believes it helped him get where he's at. He's by far new school and more so than the other two.

The debate on if the bike is a trailer queen or a rider....

Sr's is out, it's not ride-able nor is it a bike.
Jr's is awesome looking show bike.
JJ's is a bike you want to ride.

Which is better? Which one is more popular?
or is it
Who is more popular?

Bagger Dave
12-06-2011, 12:19 PM
I went with Jesse's bike! I know it looks like another WCC build...but that stainless looks sweet! and love them pipes!:dthumb:
SR. WTF!!:lmao:
JR's bike looks sweet for show...but wouldn't want to ride that for a long distance:overkill:

Thruxtonbill
12-06-2011, 03:55 PM
I don't know what to think, I watch cause I have no life and anything with motorcycles I'll watch. I was disappointed in both bikes, I say both cause as Gman said, Sr's is not a bike and besides bobbing his head, he had NOTHING to do with it. JJ's bike is nice but .....yawn. Jr's bike is another Jr bike, nice but not something I'd want to own. I think this show is gasping it's last breath.

Gas Man
12-06-2011, 04:32 PM
I think Jr's online and social media presence will carry the show for at least another season.

Moesride
12-06-2011, 05:53 PM
I kinda agree with Thrux. Maybe I was expecting something more from JJ., even though it's more my style of bike than Jr's. Jr's bike is over the top, preety cool, but it has a Schwinn bicycle look to me with those wheels . I was surprised with OCC. Wtf!! Cool and all but :idk: , not a bike. On the fence between JJ and Jr. I voted for Jr. Probably for the wrong reason, but I like him. Talented young guy and level headed.

Gas Man
12-06-2011, 06:06 PM
I agree with you moe 100%. I too voted for PJD. I think it's a little "vote for the under dog".

JJ built what I expected. If you look at all his past bikes, they are all basically the same. Like Vinny said... you could see any of them at any bike week.

RedneckMedic
12-06-2011, 08:01 PM
watching it right now so well see where we end up

Bagger Dave
12-06-2011, 10:22 PM
I thought Jesse would have had this! maybe it was all the compliments he was giving the other guys! :lmao:redflip:lmao:

Thruxtonbill
12-07-2011, 09:54 AM
JJ came off like an asshole, Sr is an asshole. Jr got my vote and discovery gets the thumbs down for turning a bike build off into a sham.
BTW Bush sucks.

Gas Man
12-07-2011, 11:51 PM
Bill you're RIGHT on. Jr put the most into it. sure it's a trailer queen but he really out did himself.