PDA

View Full Version : Airport Police vs Romulus Police

Gas Man
12-01-2008, 06:01 PM
Airport, Romulus Police Disagree On Patrols (http://"http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/18147269/detail.html?rss=det&psp=news")

ROMULUS, Mich. -- Romulus police officers are being so aggressive that another police agency is warning drivers to be wary of a so-called “speed trap.”

Detroit Metropolitan police are outing Romulus officers who are pulling over drivers for speeding in the area of Interstate 94 around the airport.

"Under the bridge might be an unmarked Dodge Charger that’s there to nail you," said airport spokesman Mike Conway.

Conway said Romulus police are pulling over record-number of drivers in an effort to raise cash.

"To us, it’s more of a revenue generation for the city of Romulus than traffic safety enforcement," he said.

Conway said court records show the city has written 10,000 tickets since July 1st.

The Wayne County Airport Authority has even begun circulating fliers that read, "The Romulus Police Department has dramatically increased its patrols at the entrances and exits to Detroit Metropolitan Airport, using unmarked vehicles. Please be careful to observe all speed limits and traffic laws."

Airport officials said they plan on turning the flier into a billboard and will leave it up until the Romulus police stop targeting those entering and leaving the airport.

The airport police chief sent out an e-mail to officers telling them to park in front of a Romulus police patrol car if you see one and turn on overhead lights to warn drivers to slow down.

Romulus police said they are just doing their job and patrolling all of Romulus, including the area around the airport.

"We're going to be looking at those areas to make sure people are not speeding, to target traffic enforcement efforts in those areas to maintain safety and keep people safe on the roads,” said Romulus Lt. John Leacher. "That's our goal."

I can attest that they also do this on I-275 as well.* Romulus police like many other police find something that works and they run with it.* IT IS more about revenue than anything else.* If it wasn't they would target other areas.* * :down:

detdrbuzzard
12-01-2008, 07:57 PM
troy has been patroling I-75 around the crooks road curve since the '80s and allen park seems to always be just after outerdrive going north. eight mile just east of john r is where the hazel park police patrol. east piont and roseville from about nine mile up to 696

Bob
12-02-2008, 08:01 AM
I-94 is the worst and on the other side of the airport on Eureka.* I just use my cruise control at those locations.

Berto
12-02-2008, 10:16 AM
Since my girl travels for work a lot and my family comes in to visits often i am at the airport a couple of times per month, and i can attest to this... it's crazy.

I can count in one hand the times they have NOT been there.* And I have been to the airport about 35 times in the last two years.

Pigs!

Bob
12-02-2008, 10:52 AM
Since my girl travels for work a lot and my family comes in to visits often i am at the airport a couple of times per month, and i can attest to this... it's crazy.

I can count in one hand the times they have NOT been there.* And I have been to the airport about 35 times in the last two years.

Pigs!

I usually go flying through at 80 on my bike and give them the finger while pulling a wheelie on the Drifter.

Gas Man
12-02-2008, 11:03 AM
FUCK THEM

vortech302
12-02-2008, 04:07 PM
They have someone pulled over in the driveway to my building every 20 minutes.* I'd heard from someone that works for the city that they make around $30,000 a month from speed traps around the airport.

Berto
12-02-2008, 04:27 PM

Pigs!

I usually go flying through at 80 on my bike and give them the finger while pulling a wheelie on the Drifter.

With your eagle tattoo on your back showing... hahaha.. me too...

wait, I have done that before... I miss my SM...

B-Kinger
12-15-2008, 11:58 PM
I live in Sterling Heights, so I'm in the epicenter of hell! They'd pull you over backing out of your own driveway here. I've never seen it so bad as these last few weeks. Revenue generation, plain and simple. Time for a laser park pro laser jammer. And the next time the fraternal order of police call for a handout, tell em sorry boys. Go sit in yer car somewhere.

Vagabond
07-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Livonia is the same way. They suck big time.