PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have their CDL class A endorsement?

Bob
09-27-2011, 09:45 PM
I sort of need to get one for work but all fo the classes I'm finding are like $3000 and 6 weeks long full time. The thing is we don't even have class A trucks but we have to get a class A endorsement so I really don't want to take a 6 week 6 days a week course for this. I would if I was going to be a truck driver for a living but I'd only be driving smaller service box trucks now and then.

Gas Man
09-27-2011, 10:57 PM
I have a few guys at work with them... But I don't have it. What you need is somebody's class A truck with air brakes. Teach you what's what, and show you how to drive it.

Bob
09-27-2011, 11:19 PM
Yeah, that'd be the best way for sure because $3K and 5 weeks straight of schooling isn't going to happen for me. LOL

junkyardjon
09-28-2011, 09:38 PM
i'll need to get one too pretty soon. looking into a new flat bed wrecker with air brakes.

Bob
09-28-2011, 11:33 PM
i'll need to get one too pretty soon. looking into a new flat bed wrecker with air brakes.

Why? You buying a Harley too?

hahahahaha Zing!

Please be advised that under new ownership, all jokes that put Harley in a negative light will be banned....

(this mod shit can be fun)

Remo
10-01-2011, 06:34 AM
I just got mine this Summer, I went through Suburban Truck Driver Training in Romulus. Not the greatest school but they will teach you the basics and they're a lot cheaper than most. I took their 100 hour program (2 weeks), classes are 10 hrs/day, five days a week. My total cost for the class was around $2,800 which included my D.O.T medical card (which you do need to operate a commercial vehicle) and road test. I did my fair share of shopping around and they were the cheapest.

If you are just driving small box trucks without a trailer, I would say the cheapest/quickest route would be for you to get a Class B CDL. You could probably use your employers truck to take that test with...

junkyardjon
10-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Why? You buying a Harley too?

hahahahaha Zing!
... just wait....