PDA

View Full Version : Dropped Bike..... :(

KatMan6
08-13-2011, 03:40 PM
So i was out riding today, and the idiot i am, i dropped my bike..
NOW IT WONT START!

i have a 2000 Kat 600

my neutral light is on, even though im in first gear.. the only way the N light turns off is when i pull in the clutch and step on the gear and hold it in.. or else the light turns on.

another thing, i jumped started my bike, it idles real low and dies.

can anyone please help me!! im a total noob when it comes to all of this..

SportstersPaul
08-13-2011, 04:12 PM
Some bikes have a "safety" and only start in neutral, don't know if that applies to yours, but it may be part of your problem.

telecast
08-13-2011, 04:18 PM
Wish I could help but no idea.

Same thing happened to me once about 25-30 years ago on a Honda CB360. Turned out the timing chain tensioner in that motor was a POS and the chain fell off when the bike went over. Funny thing, I simply laid the bike over while setting still, lost balance due to a really bad passenger. Lay it down gently, pick it up, no start.

Bob
08-13-2011, 07:54 PM
It might be the safety. Check your manual or on the web. I think on most you just have to like turn the key to the on position and back a couple of times or some type of key sequence.

Nobody
08-14-2011, 12:55 AM
get yourself a shop manual and trace out what switches are connected to the clutch and/or neutral sensor. if you're lucky its just a loose wire.

WILEY
08-14-2011, 07:18 AM
Check for the safety switch as mentioned. Look it up for your bike under bank angle sensor.

If you had to jump stasrt your bike the other thing i would look at is your battery. Dumping em hard can cause a dead short and modern electronics need full voltage to function properly.

junkyardjon
08-14-2011, 10:57 AM
i just so happen to have a factory service manual for post katana's if you something looked up.
what side did the bike fall on?
wish you were closer, we'd have it back in shape in no time.

Gas Man
08-14-2011, 10:47 PM
Let's hope you didn't fry something jump starting the bike.... only do jump starting with the "jumping" car with that motor off, don't jump off a running car, you can fry your electrical and usually don't need the extra power.

May want to check the safety on the clutch

But being it starts and runs when jumped but like poop. I thinking you emptied the battery of it's fluid. Check that. May require you to pull the battery out to inspect the levels.

Have you started it since it was dropped? Carbs could just be flooded. You could have knocked the choke cable even.