PDA

View Full Version : Coming to North America WooHoo

vortech302
11-25-2008, 04:07 PM
http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/ ... 80682.html (http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/harley-davidson/2008-harleydavidson-xr1200-review-80682.html)

Just got a flyer in the mail, you can start placing orders on December 1st

detdrbuzzard
11-25-2008, 04:45 PM
europeans got that 1200 last year and harley riders have been crying cause they can't get one on this side of the pond

11-25-2008, 05:20 PM
I like that bike and am glad they're going to sell it here as well. Hopefully that'll get them some "under the age 50" customers that they've been trying to bag with the V-Rod. They start selling something here besides those "road sofa's" and they might be surprised, although that new Rocker is a departure from the norm for them too.

It will be cool to see that XR up close & perosnal though.* ;)

Gas Man
11-25-2008, 06:47 PM
Its funny, I like the bike cause I understand the market they are aiming for.*

However, you should hear how much the older riders hate this thing.*

They just don't get it.

detdrbuzzard
11-26-2008, 06:26 AM
i really don't see the older harley guys buying it anyway and if you or they are like me i say buy what you like and want to owne

Bob
11-26-2008, 08:02 AM
The older riders hate any Harley that doesn't leak oil or shake apart! HAHA* I really like this bike.

Gas Man
11-26-2008, 08:37 AM
You may be right Bob

Bob
11-26-2008, 08:48 AM
You may be right Bob

It just seems that way doesn't it?* LOL* I was reading an article on the Sportsters, maybe it was even on Wikpedia.* But it said that the old school Harley guys hate the Sportster because it's a reliable bike and you don't have to know how to work on it to ride it.* Like they don't respect anyone that doesn't buy a shitty bike that needs wrenching with every ride. LOL* I know that is a huge stereotype and not all of the old school guys are like that.

11-26-2008, 08:59 AM
That XR even has a *gasp*, oil cooler on it!* :o

Hard core AC riders won't like that. But then again HD sales are slipping and they know they need to appeal somehow to newer, younger riders. But then there's the affordability issue as well. 40/50 y.o's* have college money and retirement loot to spend. LOL

meinschaft
11-26-2008, 09:06 AM
I was recently at the Dam Site Inn in Hell, sitting out front with a cold one.* Talked with a guy, my age (old) who pulled up one a Harley DeLuxe Classic RoadHog.*

He was a nice guy and we had a good conversation.*

He asked me how many horsepower my 430 lb. bike made.* His 850 lb. Harley made about 35 fewer HP.* We laughed about that.* Then a V-Rod went by.* That better be the future of Harley cuz we oldsters are dying off.

Bob
11-26-2008, 09:47 AM
Harley did buy MV Augusta this year so we shall see what that means.* Maybe they can use some Mv technology and visa versa.

bettyboop1w
11-26-2008, 03:38 PM
I don't know guys.* The handle bars would have to lifted, nice sportsbike look, wonder if it has the roar or rumble.* Other that that it's nice lookin got to have in another color.

Gas Man
11-26-2008, 04:40 PM
Like they don't respect anyone that doesn't buy a shitty bike that needs wrenching with every ride.

Well not shitty but I resemble that remark.* I said all year that a ride isn't complete till I shake something off the bike.

Bob
11-26-2008, 04:41 PM
Like they don't respect anyone that doesn't buy a shitty bike that needs wrenching with every ride.

Well not shitty but I resemble that remark.* I said all year that a ride isn't complete till I shake something off the bike.

LMAO*

vortech302
11-26-2008, 06:43 PM
I really like it, just not in the position to buy a brand new bike right now.