PDA

View Full Version : Returning rider from Huron Twp/Flat Rock.

Dagnabit
06-30-2011, 01:15 AM
Just getting back into riding after a ten year break (wife, kids, work, etc etc). Really enjoy what ive seen on the site so far. Good to see so many active folks especially from the downriver area.

I picked up a used sportster last week and im really liking it so far. Its amazing how you forget how much fun riding is after being away from it for a while.

Anyhow, looking forward to chatting and possibly riding with some local folks in the area. Ill post a shot of my 06 883r if i can manage to get my camera working.

telecast
06-30-2011, 07:56 AM
Nice bike. I did the same thing a few years ago. Was away from riding for a while and came back. Started with a Sportster, had it about 2 months before I realized it was too small. If it was just me it would've been fine, but my wife loves to ride. Crap....

Welcome!

Dagnabit
06-30-2011, 10:14 AM
Dont think im going to the same issue with my wife you did, she's scared to death riding on the back, lol. If anything im debating trying to pick up a small 250 dual-sport and trying to teach her how to ride on something less threatening. I figure even if she doesnt take to it, I've got a duaghter going into drivers training in the fall and two boys right behind her so it would definately get used.

Bob
06-30-2011, 08:37 PM
Welcome to the forums!

Gas Man
07-01-2011, 05:06 AM
Welcome from Brownstown!!

Mudpuppy
07-11-2011, 09:44 AM
welcome back