PDA

View Full Version : When riding in SE MI, remember to watch for deer, coyote, turkey, and........bear?

telecast
06-16-2011, 09:11 AM
This is pretty cool. I've wondered how long it would take, with coyotes and even bald eagles returning to the area.

WEBSTER TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - Authorities say they've confirmed that a black bear cub is wandering in Washtenaw County.
AnnArbor.com reported Tuesday that the sheriff's department confirmed the bear sighting in Webster Township near Dexter, about 9 miles northwest of Ann Arbor.
The confirmation comes after three bear sightings Saturday, including two at Hudson Mills Metropark and one at a home near the park.
Authorities are asking anyone that spots the bear to call 911. Since a cub was seen, authorities say a mother bear may also be in the area.

I had heard a rumor about 2 or 3 years ago that someone spotted a bear near Dexter, but this is the first real info. I'd hate like hell to hit that on a bike, may as well run into a brick wall.

dogbreath
06-16-2011, 12:07 PM
Right by my house. There've been two sightings in the past two weeks. In addition to that article, someone saw one yesterday just south of Little Portage.

Thruxtonbill
06-16-2011, 04:55 PM
A fox ran right in front of me Monday.

Gas Man
06-16-2011, 06:32 PM
Awesome!!

Grantzphoto
06-22-2011, 10:19 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkyuntKZHH1qbe5nh.gif