PDA

View Full Version : Poker Shoot

telecast
05-14-2011, 01:21 PM
Just got back from a poker shoot at Washtenaw Sporstman's Club. Won the second hand.

Pretty cool shoot, totally random. You shoot a target with playing cards printed on it at 25 yards. The thing is, the target is facing backwards so you're shooting at a blank piece of paper. Once everyone shoots the targets are scored for highest hand. But....

Each target has a number written on the face. You draw a poker chip with a corresponding number out of a coffee can, and that's the target you get for your hand. Could be the guy down at the end, or the woman shooting next to you, or your own.

As it turned out, I drew my own target number twice, and won on the second time. My sister also won a hand and happened to do it with her own target. We knew they were ours because we were both shooting .22's, everyone else was shooting 9's, .38's, or .45's.

$10 entry fee for 5 hands, each hand pays $10, so I broke even. Better than losing!

Mad Dog
05-14-2011, 04:03 PM
And you were out shooting.
Sounds like fun.:cool:

SportstersPaul
05-15-2011, 02:31 PM
Congrats Tim, we just got back late last night from Canada, did the Port Dover run-INCREDIBLE.

Mudpuppy
05-16-2011, 10:29 AM
that is awesome.. great idea... never heard of a poker shoot.. going to have to try that..