PDA

View Full Version : i don't hear any complaining

detdrbuzzard
11-17-2008, 06:17 PM
thats right i don't hear any complaining about the price of gas ;D, not that i was happy paying $4.00 plus a gallon. and how long can this $2.00 a gallon gas last

Berto
11-17-2008, 10:36 PM
It was all a commodities issue... once the economy settles, we'll probably end up around $2-2.30 range.

Investors are like lemmings, they caused the housing market issues, the wall street market issues and the gas issues... basically, self centered moves on their part caused all the economic problems we have now.

I love and hate capitalism.

bettyboop1w
11-18-2008, 01:57 PM
I didn't mind the $4 bucks either as long as I was riding my bike.

Berto
11-18-2008, 02:25 PM
I mind the $4 very much. The demand in this country is so high that cost should be lower than most of the world. Its a simple numbers game.* We use more, they sell to us cheaper, we keep using more. Large volume generates large revenues.

vortech302
11-20-2008, 09:45 AM
I've been waiting for it to shoot back up since the election.* If I knew gas was going to stay down, I'd actually consider getting another Ram and ditching the Taurus.

Bob
11-20-2008, 09:51 AM
I was watching the news a few nights ago and they where talking about how people are starting to buy big trucks and SUV's again.* Gas will go up and they'll cry the blues.

Berto
11-20-2008, 11:52 AM
Gas prices will only go up again if the commodities (petroleum) become a hot item again.* As long as that does not happen, gas will stay where it is if not go down more.

It's economics... everything must balance out.* It was over inflated due to the high commodity demand it had and now that wall street has moved on to other things, gas is back to normal.* Gas is expected to go up in the winter for heating costs and higher demand, but this year since we are on a balancing of the "commodity" equation winter, i would not be surprised if we see prices at $1.50.* It's a long shot, but I would not be surprised.

There are many not thought out moves being made based on either erroneous information or irrational thought due to emotion.* Along with many hidden agendas.

We live in Michigan, if the car companies don't get a bailout, they will go under and most likely toyota or honda will buy them out.* Jobs will be lost and the global economy will be impacted.* Yes, i said global.* GM is bigger overseas than in the US.* Mexico, South America, China (Asia) and Europe would feel the ripple effect not to count the massive closings of dealerships and loss of job.* For those bitching about $25B to the car companies, think of the unemployment to all the ones that will be affected by the loss.

The decifit from this will be much more than $25B to the economy with no return and a long term negative impact on the financial status of the country, which as of now is as the french say, pretty shitty.

The government will make money with a bailout, it's a loan, which will be repaid.* The last Chrysler bailout made the american tax payer over $700 million dollars in interest.* There are many problems with the big 3, and closing them will destroy... write it down, destroy us financially on a global scale.

Ok, I will get off my soap box... I guess 4 years of business school left me with something.... college wasn't just one huge drunkfest...* Well, it was, but when I was awake, this is what I remember... LOL.*

vortech302
11-20-2008, 03:54 PM
No Berto no soapbox needed, the only reason people live in southeastern Michigan is because of the big three.* They estimated that unemployment alone would cost taxpayers 156 billion

detdrbuzzard
11-20-2008, 07:21 PM
sorry bettyboop but $4.00 a gallon gas is over priced even on our bikes. not only that butpetrolium it self was over priced which affects even natural gas and i pay way too much to heat this place without being over charged

bettyboop1w
11-21-2008, 10:04 AM
Oh yea.......I forgot this was a open forum* :P* Thinking about riding. ;D

But truly if the auto plants go down we here in MI will be lost.* Everyone one has set themselves up to make us just that an automobile industry driven city and that is not all we have here. I work here at an energy company that is diverse and no one even knows about them..* Totally energy, wind, solar, biodiesel fuel, army .......NextEnergy

Berto
11-21-2008, 11:01 AM
Boop, that is great.

I want more industry in Michigan.* I know that this state was set up to live from the big 3, so much is dependent on it.* If those politicians look at hard numbers, they will bail the big 3 out.

25B vs 150B, no contest... but... we need (and I mean our genius politicians) to start looking at other industries.* If I was governor, I would give every insentive possible to new companies that want to come to Michigan.* There is plenty of talent here.* Tons of engineers, tons of very smart people that can help a company grow.

Companies go for money, and you give tax cuts and breaks to big startups and they will follow...

It's simple economics that our leaders seem to no understand.

Also, Doc, I agree... gas prices at $4.00 per gallon are too high.* We can't afford that raise in expenses as a nation.* Based on our preset budgets.

We are all on the same page, I am just giving my reasoning behind saving the big 3 based on the economic impact it coul dhave nationally.

Capitalism is a great system, but sometimes, our leaders forget that it does need some balance and support, which is what they are there for...

bettyboop1w
11-21-2008, 01:35 PM
I agreed there all the way.* If we lost the car business how could I get (my uncle) DB to get my Ford Edge........Lov Ya........ :D ;D

Berto
11-21-2008, 01:45 PM
Wow... a forum that we are all on the same page... no drama...

Haha... i feel I should argue the other point just to make this drama...

bettyboop1w
11-21-2008, 04:21 PM
You know I was just on the women's web and they brought up Obama and boy it ended up so political that the person who started the thread had to delete it.* Mostly alot of he should watch his back, and why did we elect a person because he was black and no more complaining of afirmitive action.

Sorry to say but it was a bunch of (white folks) in VA and CA, but why should you not be able to give your opinions and let that be it.* I really don't care what color you are for what because in reality we all have some other race or color as a part of our heritage whether you believe it or not.* I like when people are honest about what they feel rather than holding it in and smiling in your face.

detdrbuzzard
11-21-2008, 05:30 PM
get back on the topic or no edge for you ;D

bettyboop1w
11-24-2008, 09:53 AM
Hmmmm what was the topic??? ??? I really don't care if others have opinions different from mine because that is what makes us great.*

Berto
11-24-2008, 12:25 PM
Ok... no political talk...

Two thing my grandma taught me never to talk about except with your wife (or husband)... Religion and Politics.*

I was just having a dicussion about our countries economics and where we stand.* I like analysing all that and seeing where the country is heading financially.* I am a bit of a nerd when it comes to numbers and financial analysis.* Guess it's the business school in me talking.

Glad to say that I am on target with my predictions... which is scary... if you want to hear what I have predicted for the next 10 years... it will put fear in you.

but I agree Boop, we are all entitled to our opinions.* Back on topic... I AM GOING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE SNOW!!!!* GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

bettyboop1w
11-24-2008, 01:45 PM
well as we haven't gotten it yet. :P

Berto
11-24-2008, 05:05 PM
here in Novi, it has been snowing all day.