PDA

View Full Version : Damn gravel & potholes..

Nobody
05-07-2011, 02:12 AM
So as I was putting ice on my knee yesterday evening and preparing to do some 2x4 kung-fu to straiten my right foot-peg, I thought it'd be interesting to hear other people's tales of drops, wrecks, and ungraceful dismounts. Mine from yesterday, as the tittle implies, was due to the lovely gravel + pot hole combo that occurs on my street within a day or two after the city grades the road (I wish they'd stop with the gravel as I've seen frequently errant pieces hit kids as a car goes down the road). I was turning off the main drag, and I was just crossing the concrete to dirt trasition when the front tyre hit a small but deep pot hole while the back tyre was on a patch of gravel. WHAM! down on my side. Low speed so not much rash, but the right peg bent back enough to change the rear brake's height position, and chewed & bent the right mirror. Whacked my knee good, and bruise/pulled muscles in the lower abdomen. I lucked out that none of the thump-thump stereo kids towards that end didn't come flying down the road like they normally do. So lets hear your tales of gravity & physics sucker punches.

fatmanracing
05-07-2011, 08:52 AM
I seriously feel for you man... I dont care how slow or fast it is, going down on your side just plain sucks....

Hope you recover quickly.

Mudpuppy
05-09-2011, 09:24 AM
sorry to hear about your off.. hope you recover fast and get the bike patched back up.. I did a low side surfing on the bike when I punched it out of my sub on wet cold tires from wet cold grass.. wasn't good.. broke the rear set and mirror and scratched up the plastics pretty good... Was on the R6 and I replaced the mirror and welded the rear set but the plastics are still rashed..

Gas Man
05-11-2011, 12:20 AM
Downs always suck... no way around it.

seatmaker
05-15-2011, 03:14 PM
Damn, no wonder momma got her own bike. Can Am Spyder comes to mind:D

Nobody
05-16-2011, 09:51 PM
Damn, no wonder momma got her own bike. Can Am Spyder comes to mind:D

I sat on one of those at a show once... they don't feel right, there's just something with them that doesn't jive for me.