PDA

View Full Version : Finally on the road... almost

Chris300s
04-12-2011, 03:33 PM
After working pretty steadily for the past couple of days I finally got out!

Most of the work involved the forks and brakes so they're not immediately apparent.
In the front I removed some of the preload, installed Ricors and 5wt. Replaced brake lines with stainless and installed a fork brace.

In the rear moving the resevoir back to the left side makes it a little bit more accessable (vs. behing the pipes). Hard lines and relocating the brake switch cleaned up the run a little and should be more reliable.
1129 I can't believe I missed this... 1131

A little bling.

Relocated the choke from the left side for a future coil relocation

After smacking a deer the front fender was fucked. It never followed the wheel to begin with and with the new tires it looked worse. I tried massaging it into submission to no avail. That fender would need to be fully flat before it would match the tire radius.
I don't think I'm going to run one until I can replace it with a much smaller (and straighter) unit.

The shake down run was promising with 1 exception. The front end is like a whole new machine. I think having the right sized bearings helped a little....:confused:
What brake do you use more, front or back? Answer: the one that works.
In my case I lost the rear after about a mile. I think that my hard lines, flairs and barrels left a little bit to be desired. Time to source some new hardware.

Chris

http://www.2wheelmichigan.com/forums/images/misc/pencil.png

Grantzphoto
04-12-2011, 04:21 PM
Looks good! Its hard going through stuff only to have more to do but thats the beast that is motorcycles.

Gas Man
04-12-2011, 09:58 PM
You will regret the all metal peg/grips. They suck. Other than that, WTG!

SportstersPaul
04-14-2011, 05:01 PM
Well Chris it's still early in 2011 so I guess you'll be ready for the Summer. eh? Dad's bike down as well? Is it to early for Greg or is he chomping at the bit?

Chris300s
04-14-2011, 05:24 PM
Dad's bike is getting buttoned up now. With fresh paint, air ride, speedo, dash, etc.

The blue pig is sitting in my garage right now. I've got to get it over to the shop so that we can repaint the tank.

Mudpuppy
04-21-2011, 10:32 AM
glad someone is making progress.. i have no time and lots to do to the bike.. maybe tomorrow on my day off but i have 3 kids to deal with as the wife and other kid left me home alone with the other 3 kids while they went on a cruise.. fucking bitches..