PDA

View Full Version : Where to but tools / shop supplies?

Chris300s
03-23-2011, 08:30 PM
Where do you guys go (local) for tools and shop supplies?

I make pretty regular rounds at Home Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware, local hardware store, etc. It seems like everytime I get into a project I end up spending half of the day searching for tools. Last weekend I had to go to two separate stores to find sandpaper (
beyond 400 grit).

Specifically tomorrow I need to pick up some flap discs and quick release sanding discs. Harbor Freight is a bust, any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris

Bob
03-23-2011, 08:32 PM
We used to have some tool places around but they are all gone, unless I just don't know of them. I try and only buy Kobalt for hand tools and anything they don't have I usually just end up at HF since I have one a block away.

RedneckMedic
03-23-2011, 09:46 PM
I usually go to lowes, harbor freight or advanced auto since there the closest stores to me. For things like nuts and bolts I go to ace on fort street by my house because they help me match up the parts I need and have chrome bolts which is nice I just wish I could find black bolts some where.

Gas Man
03-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Depends on the tool/part.

Rugby... keck hardware on west rd, just west of fort st. Best place in the downriver for bolts. Also, the ace on fort street next to rallys/checkers in wyandotte and there's another one out there... can't remember which one... that are decent.

telecast
03-23-2011, 10:12 PM
For sandpaper finer than 400, I go to an autoparts place that carries paint. They'll also have the supplies. Paper usually up to 1200 or 1600.

For finer, like 2000, go to a hobby store.

RedneckMedic
03-23-2011, 10:35 PM
I grabbed some 2000 and 1500 at advanced the other day...Gas Ya i go to the ace next to the rallys all the time. Kecks is one of the "Do it" stores right. Theres a hood's "Do it" in wyandotte that is a good store too

Gas Man
03-23-2011, 11:09 PM
Hoods... that was the other one I couldn't think of.

Yeah keck is the do it center. That's where I get 98% of all my bolts for my projects.

Chris300s
04-08-2011, 04:54 PM
FYI - Lowes on Gratiot had the best selection of quick change sanding disks

John Jackson
08-11-2011, 11:17 PM
I like your forum, I think it says something that is very reasonable. I will always look to this forum, hoping each time to see some different things.

cheap polo shirt (http://www.poloshirtsonsales.com/)
Men's Ralph Lauren Shorts (http://www.poloshirtsonsales.com/mens-ralph-lauren-shorts-c-6.html)
Women's RL Polo Shirts (http://www.poloshirtsonsales.com/womens-rl-polo-shirts-c-9.html)

RedneckMedic
08-11-2011, 11:21 PM
Mother fing spammers I will find u and I will strangle you with your shirts. Just when I think the forum is getting some action and we have more members you go and kill my happiness with your noob spamming piece of shit non english speaking douche baggery ....uuuuuuuggggghhhh

ok im better now plus football is back so im a happy camper especially with this great weather we've been having

junkyardjon
08-12-2011, 11:35 PM
so you want a shirt or not? lol