PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the 2011 Riding Season

Gas Man
03-18-2011, 08:03 AM
As it's already been stated and you would have been living in a basement to not know in Michigan, the riding season has returned.

In preperation Wed when I got home from work, I burned in the nightster pipes (from this winter's projects), and summerized the garage. This was an evacuation of the wife's car, moving a the lift, prepping the snow blower for summer storage, putting away half the snow shovels (I'm not ready to curse myself by putting them all away yet), setting up the outside hoses (water supply still turned off inside but they are ready)... but in general get ready.

It's so nice to see the garage all open like this... I hate it's winter cramped version.
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/SU1HMDAxNzEtMjAxMTAzMTctMTg0MS5qcGc.jpg

Then I rode to work... it was so nice out. Got home early enough to work on a few other house projects I have been putting off till warmer weather. Then clean wipe down both bikes, they were pretty dirty from sitting uncovered for 2 months while I worked on them.
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/BPL/SU1HMDAxNjktMjAxMTAzMTctMDczNC5qcGc.jpg

Did you get out?

What about today? I rode again, that's two days in a row and a great way to start the season in mid march.

telecast
03-18-2011, 08:17 AM
Battery isn't even in the bike yet. I was going to do it this weekend, but now I have to work part of the day Saturday, change the oil in my truck, and might have to go in for a bit on Sunday. I inherited a mess of a job down your way in Wyandotte that needs a lot of attention. Right now all I can do is play it by ear.

I did see a lot of bikes out yesterday, it pissed me off being stuck in the truck. Saw a couple this a.m. too.

Chris300s
03-18-2011, 08:33 AM
Not yet but I'm working on it. Broke my heart to see everyone out yesterday.

Chris

Psychodad1961
03-18-2011, 08:44 AM
I logged my obligitory 50 miles yesterday. Mmmmm......

fatmanracing
03-18-2011, 08:54 AM
You didnt ride yesterday Chris? I logged about 60 miles before I was starving for some food...

RedneckMedic
03-18-2011, 11:04 AM
yep got out yesterday with my buddy on his new sportster. The weather IMO was perfect to start the year. It did get a little colder down by the water but it was ok. Im going to ride to work today then I have the whole weekend off to work on the bike and ride. Im going to finish the steel fender I've been working on try and get ahold of seatmaker and send out my seat. oil change on the bike as well as a good wash and wax then Ill be ready to go for the season.

sprink
03-18-2011, 02:54 PM
I've only missed one day in the last week. Yesterday was just the nicest!

Thruxtonbill
03-18-2011, 04:44 PM
3 days in a row for me, I'm diggin it. we're not done with the shit weather quite yet..........damnit.

stuffdeer
03-18-2011, 05:01 PM
I got out. Already have over 200 miles on the bike this season.

Unfortunately snow will be back next week. Possibly a storm like the Feb 1 and 2 storm...

SportstersPaul
03-18-2011, 06:25 PM
Been riding regular, was a rough winter and only lucky to get out maybe once a week. Going to the bike show at Gibralter tommorrow, my buddie Dennis has his homemade Ironhead sidecar rig in it. Russ,(Snowman), will be up from Saline but not with his Bobber.

junkyardjon
03-18-2011, 06:31 PM
oh hell yeah i'm out there tearing it up ahahahaha.
i'll be at gibralter tomorrow also. so if you see a 71 honda 750, white / blue stripe, way over raked and dirty, thats me lol

Gas Man
03-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Battery isn't even in the bike yet. I was going to do it this weekend, but now I have to work part of the day Saturday, change the oil in my truck, and might have to go in for a bit on Sunday. I inherited a mess of a job down your way in Wyandotte that needs a lot of attention. Right now all I can do is play it by ear.

I did see a lot of bikes out yesterday, it pissed me off being stuck in the truck. Saw a couple this a.m. too.

YOu should put the battery in the bike and ride IT to Wyndotte.

Not yet but I'm working on it. Broke my heart to see everyone out yesterday.

Chris

You're suppose to do that during the winter!! :D

You didnt ride yesterday Chris? I logged about 60 miles before I was starving for some food...

I rode thur & fri. Was going to ride today as well but needed to bring wife's car into work.

I got out. Already have over 200 miles on the bike this season.

Unfortunately snow will be back next week. Possibly a storm like the Feb 1 and 2 storm...

Say who?

oh hell yeah i'm out there tearing it up ahahahaha.
i'll be at gibralter tomorrow also. so if you see a 71 honda 750, white / blue stripe, way over raked and dirty, thats me lol

I was thinking about that but I'm always disappointed in the GTC shows of any kind.

jerrygsx
03-20-2011, 08:48 PM
Cold ,Windy today and still breaking in new tires, but still fun to be out riding!!

fatmanracing
03-20-2011, 09:20 PM
Hoping tomorrow gets closer to 60 than the 52 I think I saw forecast...

snofrog
03-20-2011, 10:12 PM
lol I just got back from sledding in Idaho . I will tend to the bike soon though

wormdjd
03-21-2011, 11:04 AM
I rode Thursday. Went to downshift and the arm went all the way down to the peg. Turns out the teeth stripped off on the arm and the shaft. Biker Bob's had one of the parts but not the other so I had to cut the ride short and missed Friday and Saturday. Gotta love the older HD's; ride for half an hour, work on them for an hour.

Mudpuppy
03-22-2011, 08:55 AM
pulled the bike apart on saturday.. doing some maintenance and tires on it before I start riding..