PDA

View Full Version : Cruiser love?

mishima
03-09-2011, 01:48 AM
Has anyone else tried being friendly to the cruiser crowd and received no love? I usually give the "biker wave" to any motorcyclist I see on the road. But, I rarely get a wave in return with the cruiser crowd...

dogbreath
03-09-2011, 02:37 AM
I don't wave to people I don't know on either my cruiser or my sportbike.

Hawgrider
03-09-2011, 08:06 AM
Abolish the wave......lol

After thirty some years of riding and with the amount of bikes on the road these days the wave gets old quick. My bike comes out of the living room in March and the wave is getting old by the end of April. Then the warm weather crowd comes out. and everbody wants to wave.

Maybe this would help....:rolleyes:

telecast
03-09-2011, 08:35 AM
Abolish the wave......lol

After thirty some years of riding and with the amount of bikes on the road these days the wave gets old quick. My bike comes out of the living room in March and the wave is getting old by the end of April. Then the warm weather crowd comes out. and everbody wants to wave.

+1. Except for the living room part.

Oh, and March. Maybe the end of March, I just wait for something above 45 degrees.

But I'm usually all waved out by the end of my first ride. We NEVER waved to anyone when I was a kid. The most you'd get is a 'power to the people' fist, and that was only if you were riding the same kind of bike. I have no idea when the wave came to be. I will return a wave if offered but rarely initiate.

fatmanracing
03-09-2011, 08:57 AM
I just wave to all... never bothered me.

Chris300s
03-09-2011, 10:33 AM
I wave back, because I'm a nice guy. But I never initiate it, it's annoying. I pay attention to the road, the way the motor sounds, the chicks sunbathing on Whitmore Lake....
I want to say a lot more, but won't. Because I'm a nice guy.

Chris

Remo
03-09-2011, 12:44 PM
If they wave to me, I will wave back to them. Once and a while I will initiate the wave if I see one of my neighbors out on their bike or if it is someone that I have ridden with before

telecast
03-09-2011, 03:08 PM
Yeah, me too. Once I saw Gasman out for a ride with Rugby, so I waved....

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj256/deepfrydroadkill/cool.jpg

SportstersPaul
03-09-2011, 03:37 PM
With this fast advancing age shit, I find I have to concentrate more and more on the road and the idiot cagers around me. If I'm running back roads I tend to wave more, and of course you gotta wave at Sportbikes cause they get their feelings hurt if you don't. (Ha, ha, ha.)

Gas Man
03-09-2011, 07:33 PM
I wave at everybody...

Bob
03-09-2011, 07:46 PM
I wave sometimes and sometimes I don't. When I don't I'm not being a dink I'm just concentrating on the road is all.

junkyardjon
03-09-2011, 09:16 PM
i whip my dong out and wave at everybody

junkyardjon
03-09-2011, 09:30 PM
i never understood the wave. you don't know me so don't wave like your my friend. if i know you, i'll wave back but most times i still won't.
i have my reasons like...
broke down on the side of the road and no "biker waving" fuck tart stopped to see if i need a hand. i find it funny about a so-called brotherhood that fuck tarts just keep on keeping on lol.
another reason, they'll wave on the road but not say shit when i turn around and follow them to see what they wanted lol.
my list goes on but i'll stop there lol

dogbreath
03-09-2011, 11:01 PM
The proportion of dicks to bikers I've met is roughly equal to the proportion of dicks to humans I've met. I prefer subtle gestures of the acknowledgment of the right to privacy, like people do in elevators, to overt and superficial gestures like waving to other people who own Volkswagens, or high fiving people with Lions jerseys.

RedneckMedic
03-10-2011, 09:00 PM
The proportion of dicks to bikers I've met is roughly equal to the proportion of dicks to humans I've met. I prefer subtle gestures of the acknowledgment of the right to privacy, like people do in elevators, to overt and superficial gestures like waving to other people who own Volkswagens, or high fiving people with Lions jerseys.

Next time your on an elevator and when the door is opening stand right in front of the door way at the people waiting to get on. No one will say a word and once the doors close you then have the right to laugh histarically. Another fun thing is since general elevator etiquette calls for every individual occupying their own corner of the elevator break this rule and stand right next to them and see if they respond at all. Our sociology prof. had us do this exercise one day during class we all took turns leaving the class in groups of two one to be the idiot messing with everyone and the other to document peoples reaction.

so try it next time it makes for a good laugh

junkyardjon
03-10-2011, 10:42 PM
Next time your on an elevator and when the door is opening stand right in front of the door way at the people waiting to get on. No one will say a word and once the doors close you then have the right to laugh histarically. Another fun thing is since general elevator etiquette calls for every individual occupying their own corner of the elevator break this rule and stand right next to them and see if they respond at all. Our sociology prof. had us do this exercise one day during class we all took turns leaving the class in groups of two one to be the idiot messing with everyone and the other to document peoples reaction.

so try it next time it makes for a good laugh

even better when you let one go and watch the people start sniffing around ahahahaha

Rainey
09-13-2012, 08:27 PM
I pretty much wave to everyone too. Sometimes I'm occupied concentrating on the road or traffic and a wave might not be returned.

Gas Man
09-13-2012, 08:44 PM
True... in that case a friendly nod usually happens.