PDA

View Full Version : motorcycle plates

horrorbusiness
03-05-2011, 12:44 PM
I'm looking for a mint 73 motorcycle plate. any one local sell antique plates. I would like to avoid eBay.

Fix
03-05-2011, 11:04 PM
I got this guys email from another guy. He carries a lot of plates at what seem like decent prices. I haven't bought my plate from him yet, but I plan to.

His names Toney Thomas tnbt30@aol.com

He responded promptly to my mail.

horrorbusiness
03-06-2011, 09:43 AM
I'll have to email that sob. I may wander over to dixieland flea market, never know what ill find in that shit hole. If I can't find a nice plate ill have to find a good "z1" custom plate idea.

junkyardjon
03-06-2011, 07:55 PM
or one thats says "$18"
and by the way YOU SUCK!!

horrorbusiness
03-06-2011, 08:20 PM
You promised not to tell, and it didn't taste like candy.
The state won't let you do a lot with numbers, I tried to use the noise violation code and got denied. I have an idea for a custom plate if I can't get hold of a decent 73 plate to use. It will fit into the whole early 70's theme I want to do on the bike. I want people to think the bike was customized in the seventies. I want to extend the swing arm a lil also, just have to find some ole timers to give me ideas how they did it.

junkyardjon
03-06-2011, 10:37 PM
extending the arm is easy. let me know when your ready

horrorbusiness
03-07-2011, 07:35 AM
I think I need to get it road ready first. I'm reading up on the things people do to them and looks like a lot of frame re enfocments comments. I don't know if I want to do anything that's not easy to undo if I ever want to put it back to stock. Since I'm thinking about it, ill start looking at a tacky color to paint this thing.

junkyardjon
03-07-2011, 05:56 PM
i have a reinforced frame here. if you need to see it first hand, just hollar.