PDA

View Full Version : You guys who ride and carry

telecast
03-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Where do you carry? I was thinking about one of the pocket holsters for my LCP, but I'd be afraid of it falling out. Ankle? Shoulder? Do any of you carry on the bike while you're riding and move it to your person when you get off the bike?

I don't wear a vest and really don't want to start, so no chance there.

Gas Man
03-02-2011, 12:05 PM
LCP in back pocket in a recluse pocket holster

Or if I'm carrying the Glock, a fobus holster on my side. It clicks in rear good so no real worry about it falling out.

sprink
03-02-2011, 05:36 PM
I wear my regular IWB holster or put my pocket holster in my coat pocket.

alhall88
03-02-2011, 07:24 PM
IWB holster for as well

Bob
03-02-2011, 09:14 PM
IWB holster. I was going to get an ankle holster last year but the guys at Magnum talked me out of it. I'd like to get a shoulder rig for my CZ though, for riding and driving in the car in the winter because my coat along with the seat belt get in the way.

Mudpuppy
03-03-2011, 10:46 AM
i have 2 30mm submachine guns mounted right on the r6. the horn button is the trigger and the turn signal (when clicked twice to the right) reloads.

Hawgrider
03-03-2011, 11:28 AM
Where do you carry? I was thinking about one of the pocket holsters for my LCP, but I'd be afraid of it falling out. Ankle? Shoulder? Do any of you carry on the bike while you're riding and move it to your person when you get off the bike?

I don't wear a vest and really don't want to start, so no chance there.

Pocket holster not good while on the bike. To hard to get too while seated on the machine.

Ankle holster ...... no good same reason

Suggestion...... I stash mine inside my leather Jacket inside pocket. In a cross draw setup

Or if its hot and im not wearing a jacket its holstered on the belt IWB or OWB

Just a honest question ....... No one here really thinks that the only self defense situation will take place after the Motorcycle is stopped or parked do you?

telecast
03-03-2011, 11:34 AM
i have 2 30mm submachine guns mounted right on the r6. the horn button is the trigger and the turn signal (when clicked twice to the right) reloads.

Sorry, that's impossible. 30mm is 1.18 caliber. There are no handguns I know that use 1.18 caliber rounds. Since a submachine gun uses handgun rounds, there's no way. It'd have to be a machine gun.

Now, if you said you had 2 30mm machine guns, ok, I'd buy that.

Er....not really....

Pocket holster not good while on the bike. To hard to get too while seated on the machine.

Ankle holster ...... no good Same reason

I was thinking a back pocket, like a wallet holster. I found a trucker's wallet with a chain that will hold the pistol, money, credit cards, license, etc. As much as I dislike those wallets for my own use, it sounds pretty slick. I like the added security of the chain, and I guess if I gotta wear something I'd rather it was a chained wallet than a vest.

Just a honest question ....... No one here really thinks that the only self defense situation will take place after the Motorcycle is stopped or parked do you?

Absolutley! I plan my self defense situations!

"Look, not here ok? I'm riding. Let's go over to that parking lot where I can shoot you good and proper...."

Mad Dog
03-03-2011, 11:55 AM
I'm a revolver guy so it's a little dif. but I always go with the IWB. My .357 does real well and I can get to it with ease. As far as falling out I have never even found it coming loose. A good holster should retain the firearm it was designed for. Still waiting for my holster for the S&W 438 .38+p. Might carry that in my vest pocket on hot days. At 15 oz. it shouldn't be a problem.

Hawgrider
03-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Sorry, that's impossible. 30mm is 1.18 caliber. There are no handguns I know that use 1.18 caliber rounds. Since a submachine gun uses handgun rounds, there's no way. It'd have to be a machine gun.

Er....not really....

I was thinking a back pocket, like a wallet holster. I found a trucker's wallet with a chain that will hold the pistol, money, credit cards, license, etc. As much as I dislike those wallets for my own use, it sounds pretty slick. I like the added security of the chain, and I guess if I gotta wear something I'd rather it was a chained wallet than a vest.

"Look, not here ok? I'm riding. Let's go over to that parking lot where I can shoot you good and proper...."

Oh I see.... Back pocket. Well easier to get to than the front pocket but still seems awkward and slow to me but to each his own.

This what prompted my honest question.

"Do any of you carry on the bike while you're riding and move it to your person when you get off the bike? "

No offense was meant but I read that as maybe there was no need to access a weapon while rolling down the road and it would only be needed after the wheels have stopped.

telecast
03-03-2011, 12:29 PM
Oh I see.... Back pocket. Well easier to get to than the front pocket but still seems awkward and slow to me but to each his own.

This what prompted my honest question.

"Do any of you carry on the bike while you're riding and move it to your person when you get off the bike? "

No offense was meant but I read that as maybe there was no need to access a weapon while rolling down the road and it would only be needed after the wheels have stopped.

No offense taken, I'm yankin' yer chain.

But it'd depends on the bike. As an example, I have a windshield bag on my Road King, it's eaiser to get to (with either hand) than any pocket would be while riding. About the only thing that'd be easier would be IWB, maybe a shoulder holster but that's out for me. And to be honest, I'm not sure I could wear an IWB with my OSB. (Over Sized Belly)

Hawgrider
03-03-2011, 01:07 PM
No offense taken, I'm yankin' yer chain.

But it'd depends on the bike. As an example, I have a windshield bag on my Road King, it's eaiser to get to (with either hand) than any pocket would be while riding. About the only thing that'd be easier would be IWB, maybe a shoulder holster but that's out for me. And to be honest, I'm not sure I could wear an IWB with my OSB. (Over Sized Belly)Figured ya might be :)
Windshield bag makes it fairley easy. Ive got one on my Heritage and have used it before for my keltec but my M&P wont fit in there. One possible problem with the shouder rig the muzzle could be pointing at your woman riding on the back if thats the case. Plus hot and uncomfortable in the heat of summer. OSB or other wise know as Dunlop disease thats where your belly dun lopped over your belt.... lol Yeah have the same problem But the LCP and keltec are so small even the fat guy can carry IWB but I prefer OWB its more comfortable. I just dont tuck my T shirts anymore. And I dont worry if it prints.

Mudpuppy
03-03-2011, 03:09 PM

Er....not really....

Whateva. It's a highly modified handgun submachine gun rifled bore unknown to the common man weapon. It shoots napalm and phosphorous coated bullets.

Dirty
03-03-2011, 04:08 PM
You mean everyone doesn't have one of these? OC is legal, right? :cool:

Gas Man
03-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Figured ya might be :)
Windshield bag makes it fairley easy. Ive got one on my Heritage and have used it before for my keltec but my M&P wont fit in there. One possible problem with the shouder rig the muzzle could be pointing at your woman riding on the back if thats the case. Plus hot and uncomfortable in the heat of summer. OSB or other wise know as Dunlop disease thats where your belly dun lopped over your belt.... lol Yeah have the same problem But the LCP and keltec are so small even the fat guy can carry IWB but I prefer OWB its more comfortable. I just dont tuck my T shirts anymore. And I dont worry if it prints.

That's my thing. And I'm with ya. I don't like IWB cause it's not as comfortable, it just hides more.