PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my LCP yesterday

telecast
02-25-2011, 08:11 AM
Hope to get some rounds through it this afternoon.

Man, Magnum Force was busy...again. Three guys in front of me buying pistols, one selling a pistol, and one buying a rifle. two more guys behind me buying pistols. I have never once been in there where we can just sit around with a coffee and shoot the shit like the old days, it's constant people in and out.

Mad Dog
02-25-2011, 10:17 AM
I hear ya man. It's the same at my local store. It's a good thing though.
A lot of new shooters are joining the ranks.
The pistol permit course that is required here in New York is backlogged
two months.

Bob
02-25-2011, 05:23 PM
They had some younger guy in there working when I was there a couple of weeks ago. I never seen him before and he seemed new.

telecast
02-25-2011, 07:16 PM
Terry's kid. Lloyd was working a gun show and Tim is off on weekends.

Bob
02-25-2011, 07:35 PM
Who are the two guys I always see on the weekends? One has a grey beards and the other has no facial hair and wears glasses.

telecast
02-25-2011, 09:07 PM
Terry has the beard, Lloyd is clean shaven.

telecast
02-25-2011, 09:19 PM
BTW, I was there a good part of that day, we probably saw each other and never knew. Anything you were looking at in particular that would tip me off?

Bob
02-26-2011, 08:57 AM
BTW, I was there a good part of that day, we probably saw each other and never knew. Anything you were looking at in particular that would tip me off?

It was me and my dad and I was not in there long. I went in to get the GunVault. I told the young guy they called me and told me it was in. I thought they had it behind the counter but he just told me to check over by the GunVaults and they had one left there. Then Terry rang me up and we left. There was a group of guys over by the both side of the display cases talking to Lloyd I think.

telecast
02-26-2011, 09:09 AM
Thank god it wasn't you! There was a guy in there, a total tool. He spent about 3 hours looking at .22 pistols, handled every one in the case, told them he wanted it for his wife. He had brought in a pistol of some sort to sell on consignment. Terry's kid spent WAY more time with him than he should have, but they're so service oriented he stuck with the guy. This clown narrowed it down to a Ruger MKIII or Browning Buckmark, than asked the weight of each, he wanted to know which one was lighter. WTF, if you can't tell by holding them, then it doesn't ake any difference! Nonetheless, they got out a scale and weighed them for him, about 2oz. difference. After all this the guy proclaims he's broke right now and can't afford any new guns, but he wants to buy one...someday, then he decides to NOT leave the one he brought in on consignment, and he took it with him.

I couldn't believe it. This guy wore me out just listening to him. If I was Terry I would've booted him out the freaking door.

Anyway, if that had been you I would've stopped coming to this forum and dissavowed any inference that I knew you!!!:p

Bob
02-26-2011, 09:45 AM
Thank god it wasn't you! There was a guy in there, a total tool. He spent about 3 hours looking at .22 pistols, handled every one in the case, told them he wanted it for his wife. He had brought in a pistol of some sort to sell on consignment. Terry's kid spent WAY more time with him than he should have, but they're so service oriented he stuck with the guy. This clown narrowed it down to a Ruger MKIII or Browning Buckmark, than asked the weight of each, he wanted to know which one was lighter. WTF, if you can't tell by holding them, then it doesn't ake any difference! Nonetheless, they got out a scale and weighed them for him, about 2oz. difference. After all this the guy proclaims he's broke right now and can't afford any new guns, but he wants to buy one...someday, then he decides to NOT leave the one he brought in on consignment, and he took it with him.

I couldn't believe it. This guy wore me out just listening to him. If I was Terry I would've booted him out the freaking door.

Anyway, if that had been you I would've stopped coming to this forum and dissavowed any inference that I knew you!!!:p

Yeah man, I'm usually in and out because I usually know what I want before I even get there. LOL It's why I like doing in there so much because I rarely have to wait.