PDA

View Full Version : Harley Springer question ?????

TheReaper!
02-24-2011, 03:14 PM
I've been looking at a Cross Bones with the springer front end , when I looked at it I thought , that kind of looks like a scooter set up . Any way , can any one tell me if there is any difference in the feel with a springer verses a regular fork set up :confused:

TheReaper!

WILEY
02-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Yes, its different.

Get a little more pogo type action on a Springer.

Make sure you ride before you buy, some folks dont mind it other people hate it.

Gas Man
02-24-2011, 04:17 PM
I have rode one before... they are nice.
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/Riding/April%2010%20Demo%20Rides/SU1HMDAyMDYuanBn.jpg

I didn't like the angle of the floorboards but that could be because of my short height. 5'7". Other than that it's super cool styling and the ride is real nice. I found myself aiming for bumps so I could see the springer work.

wormdjd
02-24-2011, 06:06 PM
Never ridden one but that's the bike that keeps me going to work every day; wifey gets the Dyna and I get the Crossbones. To me it's what a Harley should be.

TheReaper!
02-24-2011, 06:14 PM
I think it would look cool painted an light shade of army green , with some militarly looking luggage . I just don't know if I would like the springer , scooters that are set up that way feel squishy to me . The pogo doesn't bother me it's the mushy left and right feeling and the inverted fork .

TheReaper!