PDA

View Full Version : Banned?

telecast
02-24-2011, 11:15 AM
I have an old Jennings J-22 pistol I purchased new in the late 80's. Basically, it's a jam-o-matic Saturday Night Special. It hasn't had 50 rounds through it because of that. I got to thinking that since the value on the gun is less than $100 it'd be fun to screw with, do some filing and smoothing and see if I could get it working right, just because.

I did a search and actually found a forum for these things. When I tried to register it says my email address has been banned. Huh? I've never tried to register there, hell I didn't even know it existed until 5 minutes ago. I sent an email to the admin to see wht the hell is going on. If this was a new email address I could see it, but I've had the same one for a very long time. The forum is powered by PHPBB, or something like that. I am registered to other forums powered by them, so it has to be peculiar to that forum. I am guessing someone went in there with a fake email (mine) and caused some shit, leading to the ban.

Bob, have you ever run into this before? Someone tries to register and the system shows them as banned?

telecast
02-24-2011, 11:24 AM
Hmm, I just tried to register under another sbc email address and got the same message, so it either doesn't like my IPS or it's a glitch.

Fix
02-24-2011, 01:31 PM
Tele, It's possible the forum admin did a block IP ban and you're just caught in the crossfire.

Mad Dog
02-24-2011, 04:21 PM
Or they knew you were comming....lol

Bob
02-24-2011, 06:28 PM
Yeah they probably blocked a string of ip's. Shoot them an email and let them know.

telecast
02-24-2011, 10:42 PM
Or they knew you were comming....lol

That's the most likely!

kwats
02-26-2011, 12:28 AM
I had one of those jennings 22s way back. It was just as you described with jams. After I stoned the feed ramp it worked just fine. Neat little pistol.

telecast
03-06-2011, 09:55 AM
I had one of those jennings 22s way back. It was just as you described with jams. After I stoned the feed ramp it worked just fine. Neat little pistol.

I took mine out with some CCI Minimags on the advice of people from that forum and it functioned flawlessly. Now that I know it works, I think I'm going to sell it. I bought it new in 1987 and it's had less than 100 rounds through it. Original box and paperwork. I like my pistols to have a purpose, and there's really no reason for me to own it. It's no good for target, home defense, league, personal protection, etc. I suppose if you HAD to use it for protection it'd work in a pinch, but I'd hate to trust my life to it. If anyne wanted to play around with a mouse gun they could do it here on the cheap.

As a side note, I joined another forum and had the same thing happen. Turns out they're getting hit with spam that contains virul links from foreign countries, so they've clamped down hard on allowing anything in that doesn't come from a US based server. Why does that affect me? Turns out ATT's server for this area and a lot of the midwest is based in Winnipeg.

Eh?

It's straightened out now, but what a pain in the ass.

SportstersPaul
03-06-2011, 04:24 PM
Tim; You gotta know by now that if anything could happen to anyone it will happen to you. May have to get the "Broken Cain Gang" involved. Oh, And stay out of Cowboy bars!