PDA

View Full Version : Western U.P. Riders?

scpumm
11-10-2008, 11:21 AM
Any other forum members located in the western U.P.? I'm in Lake Linden and
do tours in the summers months and enjoy tinkering with vintage bikes.
Perhaps hook up with folks that have similar interest.

11-10-2008, 12:10 PM
There you are LOL.

I don't think we have any UP regulars here yet, it seems to be in and around Lansing, and the SE Detroit area mostly so far.

Berto
11-10-2008, 12:49 PM
But still hang out... the site is growing.* Also, this summer coming up I'm sure we can plan a UP trip.

bettyboop1w
11-10-2008, 05:56 PM
That's true we would like to travel any where friends are that has good riding and good roads.

Berto
11-12-2008, 11:23 AM
I want warm weather...

Oh chit... there it is... my first bitching about the cold post...* prepare for tons of those this winter.

bettyboop1w
11-12-2008, 01:36 PM
What it's cold? naw......I rode today, hope it doesn't rain....... :P

baker29
12-31-2009, 09:10 PM
Menominee is my home. Enjoy touring, finding new roads and places to eat. I ride a Goldwing and Honda's plastic chopper--Fury. Just sold the 919

Bob
12-31-2009, 10:04 PM
I think you are the first person I've known on a Fury. How do you like it so far?

Wow! I just looked up Menominee! You ARE far! LOL From me anyway. Good to have you here!

baker29
01-01-2010, 12:51 PM
I was looking for a cruiser style bike when Honda introduced the Fury. It reminded me of my old chopper back in late 60's. The Fury is under powered and needs better brakes. I was surprised how well it handled in the corners and is rock solid on the straights.
Is it real chopper ? Is it a cruiser ?----Who cares. I am having fun.

telecast
01-01-2010, 01:30 PM

At least it isn't a trike or a scooter, Gas Man would be all over you. :p

My Wife's grandad grew up in Calumet, he moved downstate and eventually retired to the UP with his wife. They had a rental cabin resort on Island Lake, north of Manistique on 94. We used to spend a few weeks up there every year. Kids loved to go up to Munising and see all the falls and Pictured Rocks. They were really close to Kitchitikipi.

I've been to the UP countless times, but I've never been to the Porcupines. I really want to see Lake of the Clouds some day. Sounds like a fun summer ride.

Gas Man
01-01-2010, 02:34 PM
I was looking for a cruiser style bike when Honda introduced the Fury. It reminded me of my old chopper back in late 60's. The Fury is under powered and needs better brakes. I was surprised how well it handled in the corners and is rock solid on the straights.

I sat on one in Dayton. They are ok but too plastic feeling.

My suppose to be bud, Alhall, took this pic and it ended up all over the big dog site... I knew exactly what he was doing, that's why I'm laughing.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/other%20bikes/Dayton%20Ohio%20Expo/DSCN0329.jpg

Here's a quote from a guy on the big dog site that has one. I tell ya, for a Furby it looks good.

I own a fury as well as my dog. I bought the fury, rode it for a season and realized it did not fulfill my needs for a really nice chopper styled bike. Don't get me wrong, the fury rides really nicely. It has a softer ride than the dog. The motor is definitely under powered, it cuts out at 100 mph. I have done a lot of work to my fury, including throwing a widened wheel, new fiberglass fender, and a 250 tire. Looks much better now, but the dog will always get more looks. Here are a few pics after I finished the fat tire kit. Still need to continue the flames on the new fender.
http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv46/skeusemj/fury/PC160002.jpg
the 300 makes the 250 look small!!!!
http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv46/skeusemj/fury/PC160012.jpg

At least it isn't a trike or a scooter, Gas Man would be all over you. :p

hey now!

Bob
01-01-2010, 02:54 PM

Good deal! I've read some good reviews on it!

baker29
01-06-2010, 12:26 AM
HD should have built a factory chopper years ago.

SportstersPaul
08-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Give them another 50 years or so............................