PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to the Novi Gun Show?

Bob
02-17-2011, 09:39 PM
The one at The Novi Expo Center is coming up and I'm wondering if it's a good show or not.

I'm sure since its at the NEC Gas Man has gone?

Gas Man
02-17-2011, 09:56 PM
Never have...

Bob
02-26-2011, 12:34 PM
One dollar off coupon:
http://www.migunshows.com/Showbuck.html

sprink
02-26-2011, 02:31 PM
If that coupon is for the show, it is the same show that is somewhere in MI every month (Birch Run, Mason, etc.) The Antique Firearms Show in Novi is pretty cool.

Bob
02-26-2011, 05:00 PM
If that coupon is for the show, it is the same show that is somewhere in MI every month (Birch Run, Mason, etc.) The Antique Firearms Show in Novi is pretty cool.

Yeah it from the Michigan Shows but they are not all the same show with the same vendors. i think this Novi show is pretty big compared to the ones they have at smaller venues. Like i've gone a couple of times to the one at the Monroe County Fairgrounds and it's ok but pretty small. I heard they have two at Novi. One is a smaller with more older guns, I'm guessing the one you are talking about? And then this one. I'm most likely going for sure so I'll let everyone know how it was.

telecast
02-26-2011, 07:34 PM
When is it Bob? Got a link? I might go.

Bob
02-26-2011, 08:43 PM
When is it Bob? Got a link? I might go.

http://secure.suburbancollectionshowplace.com/coe/coe_p2_details.aspx?eventid=13043&oc=10&cc=COE

telecast
03-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Did you go? See anything worthwhile?

I went to the Saline show today, picked up 300 pieces of .45ACP brass and 250 pieces of .380. I talked to the guy who had them when I was there last month, he said he had some at home and would bring them. $4/100 for .380 and $6/100 for .45. Today he wanted $10/100 for .380 and $8/100 for .45. WTF? I reminded him what he told me last month. He said he'd do better if I took 'a lot'. Screw that, there were no minimums last month when you gave me the price. I told him I pay exactly whay he quote me regardless oh how many I bought. He bitched but gave in.

Prices at shows are getting stupid. They wanted more for primers than at Cabela's, and Cablea's prices are ridiculous.

Mad Dog
03-13-2011, 06:13 PM
Same shit here. If you don't know your prices you can pay more at a gun show.

Bob
03-13-2011, 09:14 PM
It sucked. Well, I mean it was a huge show with a ton of stuff but the prices where not great at all and only one table had anything for my CZ and KT and it was nothing worth buying. The freaking ammo was ridiculous. It's like they go to Wal-Mart and Meijer and buy the ammo and then resale it for a lot more because everything was more than WM and Meijer. i honestly could not get over the price people were asking for reloaded ammo either. It was a joke.

telecast
03-14-2011, 08:41 AM
It's like they go to Wal-Mart and Meijer and buy the ammo and then resale it for a lot more because everything was more than WM and Meijer.

I think you're right. They see a deal and pick up a bunch then try to resell at a profit. Most people there were asking $18-20 and up for a box of .380, the same stuff you see at Cabela's and Wally World on sale for $15.

Bob
03-14-2011, 11:10 PM
I think you're right. They see a deal and pick up a bunch then try to resell at a profit. Most people there were asking $18-20 and up for a box of .380, the same stuff you see at Cabela's and Wally World on sale for $15.

Yeah, I got some 9mm for $9.99 at Meijer and there was not a deal like that anywhere in the show. Someone on MGO said you have to bargain with people and get their prices down. That's not me. I'd rather just go into Meijer, get my ammo and leave and not have to wheel and deal. Years ago these shows used to be a place to find deals. Now it's just something to do when you are bored.

seatmaker
03-14-2011, 11:26 PM
Ditto, waste of time

telecast
03-15-2011, 08:31 AM
I'd rather just go into Meijer, get my ammo and leave and not have to wheel and deal.

Yeah, and Meijer doesn't charge you to get in the door.

If you just want to go and look around or if you're looking for a specific gun that is difficult to find in a store, they can be ok. I like the antique gun shows, you get to see some cool stuff up close and personal and it's cheaper than a museum.

The internet has ruined buying used and getting deals just about everywhere. Gun shows, pawn shops, yard sales, even private sales. It's plenty easy to find out exactly what your item is worth, no guessing.

Gas Man
03-15-2011, 08:52 AM
Ditto, waste of time

And why I quit going to gun shows and mc swap meets.