PDA

View Full Version : Hey new guys, GLRC Chapter

telecast
02-15-2011, 11:25 AM
Posted this last fall but there've been a lot of new guys, figured someone may be interested. Me, Fishman, and Dirty are working with the Great Lakes Riding Club to try and fire up the new Huron Valley Chapter.

The Great Lakes Riding Club is a no dues motorcycle riding club. This Club is all about the voice of its members. Non brand specific with all makes and models welcome. GLRC advocates rider safety through education and training. There are NO commitments (other than officers, which are minor). If no one hears from you for a year you might be contacted to see if you're still interested. Seems fair enough. Other than that, show up when you want.

This is not an M/C. The idea is a method to set up rides and get togethers. Impromptu 'kick stands up and go' rides, planned day rides, and some overnighters. We will also be doing some rides with the main chapter which is based in Macomb County.

Looking for people in the Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti, Saline, Milan, Dundee, Tecumseh, and Belleville areas, but anyone can join regardless of location. As an example, Fishman is around New Hudson, Dirty is around Flat Rock, I'm in Milan.

There are board positions open. Treasurer and Secretary. Want to do the easy one? We don't even plan on having a treasury right off! But, we need to fill these two positions to start the chapter. I'm envisioning a couple of meetings to get things going, so there will be some minor commitment from officers right up front, then monthly meetings which will be optional. Winter meetings will be over dinner or lunch, summer meetings will be held during rides when possible. Trying to keep it as painless as possible.

One thing, officers are required to purchase a patch package, about $75. Members at large are not required to purchase one. There are other positions avilable too, such as Ride Captain, Tailgunner, Events Coordinator, etc. These are not officer postions.

Please PM if interested in being an officer or member. Or shoot me some mail at telecast AT sbcglobal DOT net.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u210/telecast_photos/GLRC.jpg

toby
02-15-2011, 12:32 PM
to bad they dont have a chapter in my area detroit and clinton twp

Fix
02-15-2011, 12:43 PM
I'm certainly not against the idea, but for the sake of all that's holy, someone fix that webpage. It's not representing the organization in a good light.

telecast
02-15-2011, 02:14 PM

How much closer do you want it? Clinton Township is right there, isn't it?

I'm certainly not against the idea, but for the sake of all that's holy, someone fix that webpage. It's not representing the organization in a good light.

This one?

http://greatlakesridingclub.com/

Admittedly not the best, but it's not that bad.

Fix
02-15-2011, 03:41 PM
This one?

http://greatlakesridingclub.com/

Admittedly not the best, but it's not that bad.

Sorry Tele, I'm afraid I'm a websnob :) Maybe I can do a redesign for them if I join up. If I can get the damned time.

telecast
02-15-2011, 03:49 PM
They'd probably appreciate it. The site was done by the president's wife, who kind of struggled through it. I asked a long time ago if they could put up a link for the new chapter to generate some interest and they said it'd be too difficult. Huh?

XS650
02-15-2011, 08:48 PM
from woodhaven do you guys ever ride down river where are typical meetings at?

telecast
02-15-2011, 09:27 PM
cool no various locations

SportstersPaul
02-16-2011, 11:10 PM

Toby: I believe there is a closer chapter to you, however Greg and I have done runs with Tim in the past. We're talking Ferndale and up in Algonac for me. Admittedly we ride more mile to the run than the lenghth of the run but it's really all about the ride now isn't it? If there's a ride down that way and you're interested drop me a P.M. We have often used "Momma Vickies" on Hall rd.(M-59) between Gratiot and I-94 for breakfast on our way down.

toby
02-17-2011, 11:55 AM
i live on 16 mile and grosbeck area in the trailer park i do ride to Algonac about 2 times a month in the summer