PDA

View Full Version : Motus Motorcycles

alhall88
02-11-2011, 08:32 PM
I'm not as big as a fan as I used to be of sportbikes but I've been following this bike for over a year and can't wait till its released.
http://www.motusmotorcycles.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1V7CfB96Bk&utm_source=Motus+Updates&utm_campaign=0c0c989f54-Motus_Updates_v51_011_24_2010&utm_medium=email

fatmanracing
02-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Its definitely different, I like the powerplant, I sure would like to see the complete bike!

Gas Man
02-11-2011, 09:29 PM
I got wood!

fatmanracing
02-12-2011, 09:55 AM
Doesnt seem to be much updating going on? Have you heard on a release date?

alhall88
02-12-2011, 04:28 PM
No release date but I did get the recent email yesterday so its not dead yet.

Gas Man
02-12-2011, 05:56 PM
I really hope they get it going.

Gas Man
03-15-2011, 11:02 PM
Motus Motorcycles Unveils The MST Series American Tourer Bike

A new American motorcycle company designing a modern tourer bike is an event worth all your attention. Even more when this company invested 3 years or research and development to equip its model with a brand new engine, the first tgasoline direct injected V4 engine. With its new model in 2 version (MST & Premium MST-R), Motus is entering an existing market segment of comfortable sport bikes designed for high performance touring but with a uniquely American engine. Designed by Motus, engine was built by Pratt & Miller Engineering in New Hudson, Michigan, one of the world’s most sophisticated engineering firms. The Motus MST’s were revealed last Thursday March 10th in Daytona during the Progressive International Motorcycle Show. I was present, had the opportunity to climb on it, heard it run but didn’t have yet the opportunity to ride it. So, here what I was told.

Brian Case, Vice President and Design Director. “When we started designing the ultimate, modern American street bike, we realized quickly that we needed a purpose built engine. We didn’t focus on maximum horsepower; we focused on heightening the rider experience at all speeds. To us, that means a lot of torque over a wide RPM range, low vibes, high efficiency and bulletproof durability. Enter the KMV4, a liquid cooled, 1650cc V4 with gasoline direct injection. We hope the MST series will appeal to several kinds of riders. Some sport bike riders are looking for more comfort without sacrificing performance. Some cruiser riders want better performance and would love to find an American alternative”

Lee Conn, President. “We didn’t set out to make a sport tourer, initially. It wasn’t until after the dust settled from brainstorming about our ultimate dreambike that we realized the concept had all the ingredients of what is generally known as a sport tourer. Then, we polled hundreds of riders to determine the optimal feature set for things like fuel capacity targets, number of electrical outlets, suspension preferences, etc. That process helped us get to know the target customers a lot better.”- Lee Conn

Regarding the engine, gasoline direct injection is a proven technology where fuel is digitally atomized at extremely high pressures and injected directly into the combustion chamber, as opposed to conventional port fuel injection where fuel is applied in the intake ports. Through the use of highly advanced engine management systems, fuel delivery can be precisely optimized for increased power with better fuel economy and reduced emissions. The highly atomized fuel also cools the air-fuel mixture, allowing increased compression for better power and efficiency. Direct injected engines can increase power and torque by up to 10%, while reducing emissions as much as 25% during cold starts when most harmful exhaust emissions are typically created.

Production- development of the MST is ongoing and an initial production date will be set after durability testing, likely as a 2012 model. Motus motorcycles will be distributed and serviced through high quality dealerships. No definitive price is announced but I was told that the MST and the Premium MST-R should be offered at a price affordable to a wide range of bikers.

alhall88
03-16-2011, 04:56 AM
I like the naked version. Its shown in this video.
http://www.youtube.com/motusmotorcycles?utm_source=Motus+Updates&utm_campaign=ed3e223411-Motus_Updates_v51_011_24_2010&utm_medium=email#p/u/1/0UxLXjjGH4U

fatmanracing
03-16-2011, 01:23 PM
Hrmph... I dunno, I liked what I saw before... I am not digging the frame work they did on the rear...
Not digging the fact that the bodywork looks like an afterthought, more than something that flows with the lines of the bike...

wormdjd
03-16-2011, 02:58 PM
I'm not a huge fan of sport bikes but I'm glad another American company is picking up where Buell left off.

SportstersPaul
03-16-2011, 09:32 PM
One can only hope, wishing them all the best cause competion brings better products all around. I wonder if I can borrow one for Gratten, what do you think Rich?

Gas Man
03-17-2011, 09:08 AM
Fatman you might be right, but then again that's what some bikes look like... hell look at BMWs a lot of the time. I think worm has it right.

Gas Man
03-20-2012, 08:32 PM
I do love this idea... always have!

During Daytona Bike Week, Motus Motorcycles (http://motusmotorcycles.com/) announced plans for its 2 MST’s models launch. After a year of extensive testing and development the company unveiled availability, pricing, specifications, optional accessories and initial list of authorized dealers. Production will begin during Fall 2012 and Motus started taking reservations for the year 2013 models.

Both the MST and MST-R have been ridden from Alabama to California, up its coast and over its mountains, across the desert, through the Bonneville Salt Flats, over the Colorado Rockies. In addition to the Big West leg of the Sport Tour, the MST’s also traveled to the Northeast from Birmingham to Boston and eventually covering a total of 29 states. The MST and the premium MST-R are comfortable sport tourers designed for long-range riding and canyon carving. Both feature the V4 Baby Block engine and are offered with various accessories and upgrade options. Prices and specifications are listed after the jump.

2013 Motus MST- starting at $30,975
2013 Motus MST Standard Equipment
· V4 Baby Block, 1650cc liquid cooled, 165 horsepower
· 6-Speed, dual-overdrive
· Electronic fuel injection
· Electronic throttle control
· 720w alternator
· Öhlins R&T adjustable front suspension
· Progressive mono-shock rear suspension with remote preload adjuster
· Brembo calipers
· Aluminum wheels with wave rotors
· Powerlet port
· Michelin tires
· Removable side cases by Givi
· Premium Sargent seat
· 20,000 mile XW-ring chain by RK
· Hybrid rear sprocket with lifetime warranty
· Centerstand
2013 Motus MST Optional Equipment
· 30 liter top case by Givi
· Adjustable windscreen
· Adjustable handlebars
· Dual rear Powerlet port
· Heated seat
· Heated grips
· Premium low seat by Sargent
· Rear storage rack
· Touring windscreen
2013 Motus MST Color Options
· Speed Silver Metallic
· Flame Red Metallic
2013 Motus MST Warranty
· 2 years, unlimited mileage

2013 Motus MST-R- starting at $36,975
2013 Motus MST-R Standard Equipment
· V4R Baby Block, 1650cc liquid cooled, 185 horsepower
· 6-Speed, dual-overdrive
· Electronic fuel injection
· Electronic throttle control
· 720w alternator
· Öhlins R&T NIX adjustable front suspension
· Öhlins TTX mono-shock rear suspension with remote preload adjuster
· Brembo M4 monoblock calipers
· Forged OZ aluminum wheels with wave rotors
· 3 Powerlet ports
· Michelin tires
· Removable side cases by Givi
· Premium Sargent seat
· 20,000 mile XW-ring chain by RK
· Hybrid rear sprocket with lifetime warranty
· Centerstand
2013 Motus MST-R Optional Equipment
· 30 liter top case by Givi
· Adjustable windscreen
· Adjustable handlebars
· BST carbon fiber wheels
· Heated seat
· Heated grips
· Premium low seat by Sargent
· Rear storage rack
· Touring windscreen
2013 Motus MST-R Color Options
· Strong White
· Carbon Black
2013 Motus MST-R Warranty
2 years, unlimited mileage…

Nobody
03-20-2012, 11:36 PM
1. win lotto
2. buy a motus engine
3. make a chop with it.

I like the plant, just not a fan of sport bikes

Gas Man
03-21-2012, 12:11 AM
Right. I hear ya there. But I think they are making a tour style bike too.

Gas Man
07-18-2013, 09:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gN5TpNpLcY&feature=player_embedded