PDA

View Full Version : I almost died...

Gas Man
02-09-2011, 11:14 PM
I swear...

Saturday - big wedding & crazy party
Sun - dry weird cough, thought maybe just from screaming and smoking cigars the night before.
Mon - fever, crazy cough, could barely talk I was coughin so much, and every cough was so hard I would almost puke.
tues - I woke up 65% dead. fever, cough, snot, flem, could barely stand. Only stayed awake for about 3 hours the entire day. Could barely move anywhere. Just slept meds slept meds slept meds slept meds

Wed - woke up a different man. WOW. Could function again. Trying to catch up on my interwebz.

I'm guessing a bad bout of the flu.

It's going around boys and girls...

And NO I didn't get a flu shot, never have, never will. And NO it wouldn't have helped. Last week a wife's co-worker's husband got his flu shot and was the same sick as me the next day. So this isn't that debate...

be careful out there. And with my new life I turn over a new leaf. I will not tease mud as much and instead concentrate more on bob.

That is all for now.

Trainguy
02-10-2011, 12:08 AM
Shit man glad your back up and around. Now go tease Bob

alhall88
02-10-2011, 04:03 AM
almost doesn't count

SportstersPaul
02-10-2011, 09:16 AM
My oldest boy came up from Florida the first week of January, second day here he was flat on his back for two days and started feeling human just about the time he had to leave for his return flight. We've been sharing the "bug" in our houshold ever since! Ain't life grand? Get out and ride- freeze the sh*t out of them germs!

telecast
02-10-2011, 09:45 AM
almost doesn't count

Yeah, almost isn't good enough. Please try again!

My kid had it too, not as bad as you, but he was out of commission for 3 days. First time he ever called off work, and then he ended up feeling guilty and going in for half a day anyway. That kind of shit makes me proud, most kids would take advantage and spend all day on X-box. No work ethic.

Bob
02-10-2011, 05:42 PM
I got the flu TWICE in the last month. The second go around I thought Iw as dying. I had a high fever and was so cold I could not get warm to save my life. The part I hate the most is burning sick days so early in the year. LOL

Mad Dog
02-10-2011, 07:36 PM
And with my new life I turn over a new leaf. I will not tease mud as much and instead concentrate more on bob.

That is all for now.
I'm always available if these guys get upset.
Glad you're feeling better.
Now Get Back To Work!

Gas Man
02-11-2011, 05:31 PM
I'm still recovering...

I was coughin so hard, I pulled a muscle in my neck/head and it feels like my head is in a vice.

Mudpuppy
02-14-2011, 01:35 PM
thing to remember about the flu shot is it is 1 strain only - there are thousands out there.. so it's a waste of time and money (if there is a cost).. i don't ever get one either.. hope you feel better cupcake..

telecast
02-14-2011, 01:46 PM
thing to remember about the flu shot is it is 1 strain only - there are thousands out there.. so it's a waste of time and money (if there is a cost)..

Just saw on the news a few nights ago, they got it right this year. The CDC guesses which one is going to hit us hard and that's the one they make the vaccine for. Last year they failed pretty badly.

Thruxtonbill
02-14-2011, 05:30 PM
Glad you're better.

[QUOTE=Gas Man;22561]
And NO I didn't get a flu shot, never have, never will. And NO it wouldn't have helped. Last week a wife's co-worker's husband got his flu shot and was the same sick as me the next day. So this isn't that debate... QUOTE]

Not quite how it works Gas, if he got it the same day, he already had it. But I do agree, flu shots are useless as the strains number is high.

Mudpuppy
02-15-2011, 04:49 PM
very true but what about long term effects on your immune system?

Gas Man
02-17-2011, 12:37 AM
Forget the flu shot.

But my problem has been that I pulled a muscle or nerve in my neck coughing so hard. So I've had a headache from hell since last week. It's killing me, like a over a week long migraine.

Grantzphoto
02-19-2011, 09:48 PM
Same stuff here. Got a dry cough on thursday and a small fever that night. Hopped on a plane to NYC Friday morning and did a bunch of the tourist stuff (way over did it for being sick). Now I've been stuck in bed all day long feeling weak and running a fever. Being sick out of town sucks FML.

Gas Man
02-20-2011, 06:50 PM
I still haven't shook this cough.