PDA

View Full Version : Would You Be Pissed?

Mad Dog
02-05-2011, 10:54 PM
For the second time in less than a year someone in New York, through the freedom of information act has obtained the list for all New York pistol permit holders. To make matters worse they published it on the internet. This is not meant to be political or pro/anti gun. I just think that new laws need to be enacted to keep pace with evolving technology. This list has names and addresses! Now all a would be criminal needs to obtain handguns is case a permit holders house, determine the best time to carry out the burglary and bingo they have handguns.
Talk about a threat to public safety in a year where record numbers of law enforcement have already been gunned down!http://www.bigdogbiker.com/forums/images/smilies/15.gif

I bring this to your attention because these records have hit the internet. There is no getting them back. The damage is done in New York.
This is your opportunity to contact you're elected officials in you're state and try to prevent this from happening to you.

Oh, and to add insult to injury if you're house is burglarized in New York and handguns are stolen you will most likely loose you're pistol permit.http://www.bigdogbiker.com/forums/images/smilies/10.gif
I will not publish the website and hope that anyone that does find the need to search it out will respect our privacy.
My 1911 will be a little closer when I go to bed from now on..........

telecast
02-06-2011, 08:44 AM
Yeah, I'd be pissed.

Bob
02-06-2011, 09:59 AM
I think some politician or newsman did this in like Virginia or something and the dude got a ton of threats until he took it down.

Mad Dog
02-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Problem is you can force the website to take it down but after it's out there it cannot be retrieved.

Gas Man
02-06-2011, 02:28 PM
WTF... I swear NY is one F'ed up state.

Michigan has Ted Nudget and the largest maltias per capita, so I bet that shit won't be coming here.

fatmanracing
02-06-2011, 03:05 PM
If its public record, can't anyone get the list?
If so, I don't think you can really be pissed. Try searching for your name online... you'd be surprised... there is mucho info online about everyone...

telecast
02-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Ted lives in Texas these days.

Mad Dog
02-06-2011, 05:01 PM
If its public record, can't anyone get the list?
If so, I don't think you can really be pissed. Try searching for your name online... you'd be surprised... there is mucho info online about everyone...

Public information is not supposed to endanger public safety. And no I wouldn't be surprised how much information is on the internet. We are all quite aware of it
however that information does not divulge the sensitive contents of ones home. So weather you are pissed is still left to our imagination. As a responsible gun owner I AM!

Bob
02-06-2011, 08:39 PM
WTF... I swear NY is one F'ed up state.

Michigan has Ted Nudget and the largest maltias per capita, so I bet that shit won't be coming here.

Is he even here any more? I thought he had a ton of mold problem with his place in Jackson and moved? At least that was a rumor I heard a few years back.

telecast
02-06-2011, 11:11 PM

Ted lives in Texas these days.

Is he even here any more? I thought he had a ton of mold problem with his place in Jackson and moved? At least that was a rumor I heard a few years back.

Proof people don't read the thread before they respond.

Even the guy who owns the forum!

Mudpuppy
02-07-2011, 10:28 AM
that is total bullshit

Mad Dog
02-07-2011, 11:35 AM
What part of Michigan does Ted live in. I'd kinda like to meet him.

Gas Man
02-07-2011, 01:54 PM
I think he lives in Romulus now, maybe inkster. But also heard that he may have moved to Sturgis, MI. :D

Mad Dog
02-07-2011, 08:44 PM
I think he lives in Romulus now, maybe inkster. But also heard that he may have moved to Sturgis, MI. :D

I was just screwin with Tele....lol

SportstersPaul
02-10-2011, 10:30 AM
The last I had heard he had hooked up with Lady GaGa and moved to England.