PDA

View Full Version : Warm weather?

NephilimR6
01-26-2011, 09:17 PM
I had to start a rant about this blistering cold weather!!! I spend so many hours in my garage wishing I could just take it around the block is stupid. Where is this global warming because I could really use it right now, because I have some serious cabin fever going on. Please summer Gods come faster!!!

fatmanracing
01-26-2011, 09:43 PM
I been thinking the same thing, jsut wishing there was no snow on the street so I could take the bike down the street and back once or twice =)

TheReaper!
01-27-2011, 08:14 AM
I thought it was just me , I'm about ready to climb the walls .

TheReaper!

Gas Man
01-27-2011, 08:54 AM
I found great solitude in wrenching on the bikes. It helps me termendously.

All of which is outlined in 2 of my threads in project logs section.

I'm currently without many parts at the powder coater, some of which I am suppose to get back at the end of the week.
I have been working on a tank rise for the nightster & another surprise as well.

Combined, it's all getting me very excited.

Thruxtonbill
01-27-2011, 09:12 AM
Oh no. It's all of us, begs the question, why do we live here? Like gas, I have parts at the powdercoater and body parts at the painter, also getting my pipes and headers ceramic coated. in fact going out today to confirm my color choices with the painter.
I have been busy with other stuff on the thruxton, removing AIS and new signals, plug wires and modding the airbox. Once I get it all buttoned up, gotta get that puppy over to TT cycles and get it tuned and on the dyno......can't wait..........winter SUCKS!

fatmanracing
01-27-2011, 09:55 AM
Hey, it gives us time to do modifications =)

Gas Man
01-27-2011, 10:10 AM
That is it Fatman. If you keep wrenching on them you don't mind the downtime. At least this way your mods aren't taking away from riding season.

Mudpuppy
01-27-2011, 10:21 AM
i don't really mind the cold.. yes not riding blows but i just try to find other things to do during the winter months.. i did have a thought the other day (and really this goes way deeper) it seems sometimes we have 11 months of cold and 1 month of warm and time in the 11 months is slow and the 1 month is super fast..

NephilimR6
01-27-2011, 08:43 PM
I would like to start wrenching away on my bike, but since it still has 0 miles on the bike it doesn't feel right to modify quite yet. I want it to be complete factory the first 10 miles before removing even the fender. Yet I probably should since it is the perfect time. I'm just ready!!!

telecast
01-27-2011, 10:05 PM
That's what this forum is for. It gives you something to do in the winter. You think it's dead in here now? Wait until spring.

No need to wrench, but you can kill a lot of time going through catalogs and thinking about wrenching. You can play the "Oooo, I want to add that" game, it'll keep you busy a for a few months.

Other suggestions:

Try to watch every single biker movie ever made.
Contact 200 custom painters for pricing, knowing you aren't going to paint it anyway.
Plan the color scheme for your riding togs.
Do yourself while you think about the Pink Power Ranger.
Plan the color scheme for your riding togs so they match the Pink Power Ranger.

See? All you need is a little imagination.

Mikekz
01-28-2011, 11:34 AM
Thats funny (Do yourself while thinking of the Pink Power Ranger)

Gas Man
01-28-2011, 02:11 PM
LOL I bet the 200 custom painters wouldn't like that suggestion.

junkyardjon
01-28-2011, 10:06 PM
i does blow! i do most of my motorcycle business in the spring, summer and fall, winter is always dead. i don't mind cause i'm getting too old for the cold anyways LOL.

Mudpuppy
01-31-2011, 09:32 AM
pretty warm this morning.. thought about riding but couldn't get the car seat on the bike..

stuffdeer
01-31-2011, 10:50 AM
It was 11 degress this morning....lol

It was very close to 40 yesterday. My whole family knows that if it hits 40 degrees anyday, the bike and I will be leaving =D

TheReaper!
01-31-2011, 11:00 AM
Put the sun tan oil away , we've got a foot of snow on it's way .

TheReaper!

Mudpuppy
01-31-2011, 11:01 AM
i had about 9 degrees when i checked the thermometer.. i was joking when i said it was warm... lol

all these fuckbags from the south talking about 70 degree weather, etc. I hope they get sunburnt and have to stay inside for a couple of weeks as punishment.. then they can spend their time looking at my pictures of me outside enjoying life in the snow..

fatmanracing
01-31-2011, 01:36 PM
I'm nore about the 50+ weather... I guess if I had some cold weather pants, I could deal with it, I've ridden when it was in the mid 40s, wind chill after 1/2 hour is a bit much on the legs & hands (normal weather gloves)

NephilimR6
02-01-2011, 05:41 PM
Than were going to get hit with 12 - 24" of snow today through tom!?!?!? WTF I'm never going to be able to ride this damn bike!!

SportstersPaul
02-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Yeah, and you can block up the back of your bike, get them ten miles the Hell out of the way and start your mods!!!