PDA

View Full Version : Local shops for gear?

fatmanracing
01-26-2011, 05:05 PM
I read through some of the posts on gear here, and I'm still looking for some local shops that sell motorcycle gear at a decent price.

I see some of you in flint have Rockys, but what is local in metro detroit suburbs?
I'm looking for some boots, maybe some kevlar jeans, and hopefully a mesh jacket or shirt with kevlar...

The boots and the pants, obviously I just cant bring myself to buy online as I need to feel comfortable that its the proper fit, shirts and coats are a little easier but still... nothing like trying it on before you buy...

Gas Man
01-26-2011, 09:46 PM
There use to be Recreation Leisure in Farmington Hills. But I don't know where or if they are still around.

I think this is them now...
http://www.alliedleisurecorp.com/

fatmanracing
01-26-2011, 11:56 PM
What about on the east side?
Their site doesnt seem to have a lot to offer as far as gear goes....

RedneckMedic
01-27-2011, 01:37 AM
go try on the product you want then find the item online and see what the better deal is

fatmanracing
01-27-2011, 08:56 AM
Yes I agree, I jsut have to find a good local store with a good selection.... thats the problem

HSOW
01-27-2011, 09:50 AM
We have a good selection of taxtile jackets, boots will be coming soon, pants are tough to stock as I don't yet have a changing room but hopefully will soon. Is it fair to go to a local dealer and have them give good customer service and then go and buy online?

fatmanracing
01-27-2011, 12:38 PM
That was not my intensions, if the pricing is fair locally, I would buy locally.
What is the name of your shop? and location?

HSOW
01-27-2011, 02:16 PM
I wasn't targeting you I was just fishing for feedback more than anything, sometimes people come into the store and I swear that is what they are doing, but I'm not sure so I just help them the best I can and hope it turns out in my favor. Anyway, Honda Suzuki of Warren at 13 and Ryan. We have competative pricing, and we have what seems people don't think they need anymore, customer service.

fatmanracing
01-27-2011, 07:30 PM
I'll try to get by there next week and see what you have...

RedneckMedic
01-27-2011, 09:54 PM
Customer service is huge to me. I dont mind spending a little extra if I get helped and treated well along the way. The problem is when you walk into most stores any more you have to hunt people to ask if other sizes are available or something or they come up and ask if you need help right away when you first walk in then disappear as fast as they showed up just so they can say they helped. Thats why when it comes to things for my bike I go where im treated the best, get the best service at a reasonable price. The bike is a hobby its what makes me feel good and the only stress I like having from it is when im trying to figure out how to make something work.

HSOW
01-27-2011, 11:03 PM
I am glad to hear that rugby66x. Sometimes it seems like price is the only thing people look at, and I also agree that businesses of all kinds (even sometimes in the past ours) are guilty of not giving their best to treat other people like they would want to be treated. My #1 goal for us this season is to bring the fun back and to remember what got all of us into this industry. In the mean time support all of our local businesses.

sprink
01-28-2011, 05:41 PM
We have a good selection of taxtile jackets, boots will be coming soon, pants are tough to stock as I don't yet have a changing room but hopefully will soon. Is it fair to go to a local dealer and have them give good customer service and then go and buy online?

Good to hear. I've been in there a couple times and was treated nicely. Second visit was funny because I was asked what I ride and when I said "a Sportster" I was looked at like bigfoot. Same at sportbiketrackgear or whatever that name is. I guess I am a mythical creature, the Harley rider that doesn't have to buy gear at the Harley dealer....

I too want to buy local, but most shops stock nothing and order out of a catalog. If I can't see it and try it on, I might as well order it myself. I pay flat tax no matter how much I buy online.

junkyardjon
01-28-2011, 09:02 PM
I wasn't targeting you I was just fishing for feedback more than anything, sometimes people come into the store and I swear that is what they are doing, but I'm not sure so I just help them the best I can and hope it turns out in my favor. Anyway, Honda Suzuki of Warren at 13 and Ryan. We have competative pricing, and we have what seems people don't think they need anymore, customer service.

lol yup i know the felling. try working in the auto repair/parts business LOL!!

MMissile
02-15-2011, 10:49 AM
SportBikeTrackGear.com

Shelby Twp/26 and Mound.

fatmanracing
02-15-2011, 06:47 PM
Yes, I completely forgot about them... I just found them again yesterday online...

wally1212
03-02-2011, 01:17 AM
ARE YOU GUYS CRAZY MICHIGAN HAS ONE OF THE BEST PLACES IN THE WORLD. PEOPLE ORDER FROM THIS WEB SITE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD THERE DIRT CHEAP AND HAVE GREAT STUFF AND ALOT OF IT. WEB SITE. http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/StoreFront.bok