PDA

View Full Version : The Wave

11-05-2008, 04:57 AM
I don't play anything regarding the "biker" wave, but I do follow one thing, just my own little pet peeve I guess.

I don't wave to anybody first. I used too, but then changed. I will wave to anybody who waves at me, even scooter riders, and kids in cars. LOL.

It's funny because I ride a cruiser bike, but I don't wear cruiser gear, and the group of riders who wave at me the least, pretty much never, is sport bike riders. When I rode my Nighthawk, it was HD riders who ignored me the most.

And yet, I'll stop and offer to help any broke down rider no matter what kind of bike they're struggling with.

Yesterday on Hines I got stuck in a traffic jam due to a closed road from a bad accident. A HD rider pulled up behind and then got off his bike and started talking to me. No attitude or dirty looks because of my helmet, or my bike. I was really surprised.

Berto
11-05-2008, 08:06 AM
I wave or they wave... it's a brotherhood... I still think we all have that common bond.* 2 wheels and one engine.

Bob
11-05-2008, 10:41 AM
I wave at everyone.* Sometimes they wave back sometimes they don't.* I ride the cruiser with a yellow and black Scorpion helmet, Joe Rocket gauntlet style gloves, a Cortech leather jacket and sometimes my Alpinestar boots.

bettyboop1w
11-05-2008, 11:40 AM
I got that feeling yesterday on hines, some of the folks that were on Harley's didn't wave, most on sports bikes don't wave.* Some will blow if they see that I'm a female.

I wave at all but it makes you think about those that don't.

Bob
11-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Remember too that sometimes people can not wave.* Might be a newb that doesn't feel comfortable taking a hand off the bars or someone that is shifting or braking or paying attention to the road ahead instead of passing bikes.

vortech302
11-05-2008, 03:52 PM
What Bob said, if they don't wave I usually just think to myself "that's cool if you're not comfortable enough to release your death grip to wave".* When it's a pack of cruisers and they don't wave I usually figure that they just left some coffee shop anyways where they sat and had mocha latte's and talked about the economy or some shit.

Berto
11-05-2008, 04:47 PM
ahahahahaha... that's awesome... good thinking.

I have waved at people in a full lean at speed... they freak out and mostly try to wave back.

Man, I miss my supermoto!

detdrbuzzard
11-06-2008, 06:38 AM
hard to wave when shifting gears or manipulating a turn and some curves. sometimes while watching the road you just miss a few bikes going the other way

Bob
11-06-2008, 07:42 AM
I hate when people wave at me while I'm riding and trying to text on my phone and read a book!

Berto
11-06-2008, 09:29 AM
Yeah... that's rude!!! when people expect you to put your cell down just because you are riding... WTF?!

bettyboop1w
11-06-2008, 10:05 AM
Bob's a bad man, didn't know fellas could do all at one time.......... :D ;)

Bob
11-06-2008, 12:50 PM
Some people!

Gas Man
11-06-2008, 05:02 PM
I wave at all riders but scooter guys... if you don't shift gears you aren't on a motorcycle.

Bob
11-07-2008, 08:17 AM
I wave at all riders but scooter guys... if you don't shift gears you aren't on a motorcycle.

What about someone on a Ridley? LOL

Gas Man
11-07-2008, 09:33 AM
They can go fuck themselves!!