PDA

View Full Version : passenger pad with springer seat.

RedneckMedic
01-13-2011, 12:01 AM
Any of you guys ever ran a passenger pad with a springer seat before. Im switching out the stock fender i chopped on the shadow for a steel fender i got on ebay because the abs plastic isn't cutting it any more for me. So after I fit and shape it how i want i was thinking about grabbing one of those suction cup passenger pillion pads for the occasional passenger i carry and just keeping the pad in the solo saddle bag i want to get.

junkyardjon
01-13-2011, 07:03 AM
i never have but if you have the stock tail light, diamond kinda shaped, i'd be interested in it.

Gas Man
01-13-2011, 08:00 AM
Me niether... sorry.

WILEY
01-13-2011, 09:28 AM
My Pan is set up for a P-Pad, but have never run one.

They have run that combo since the teens on alot of different brands of bikes.

Bob
01-13-2011, 05:55 PM
Just make sure that you use thick enough steel and have good bracing and you'll be fine.

RedneckMedic
01-13-2011, 09:28 PM
the fender is off of fat boy with a 200 tire so the steel strength should be fine. Jon, I have the stock tail light still from the shadow but its the lunchbox shaped kind. my question was i didnt know if when theres a passenger on if the spring seat would get in the way of the passenger.

Bob
01-13-2011, 09:36 PM
the fender is off of fat boy with a 200 tire so the steel strength should be fine. Jon, I have the stock tail light still from the shadow but its the lunchbox shaped kind. my question was i didnt know if when theres a passenger on if the spring seat would get in the way of the passenger.

No, it should not get in the way at all. Besides, Gas Man is not that heavy.

Gas Man
01-14-2011, 09:03 AM

Not that heavy? If 185# isn't much then yes.

RedneckMedic
01-14-2011, 09:30 AM

Did you forget who your talking to im not mud. I dont want him to be offended because im not trying to move in on his cornholing buddy.

Mudpuppy
01-17-2011, 08:56 AM
yeah don't block the cornhole..