PDA

View Full Version : Protect Your Personal Information- NOT A SCAM/NOT SPAM

Remo
01-12-2011, 12:37 AM
Saw this on Facebook, a friend of mine had it posted. Figured I would pass it on to you guys:

There's a site called spokeo.com that's a new online USA phone book w/personal information: everything from pics you've posted on FB or web, your approx credit score, home value, income, age. Remove yourself by searching your name, find the URL of your page, then go to the bottom right corner of the page and click on the Privacy button to remove yourself. Copy & re-post so your FB friends are aware

Sorry for the quote but it is real and I suggest removing yourself from it.

telecast
01-12-2011, 07:56 AM
I heard about this on the radio the other morning but missed the name of the site. I removed my info. Thanks Remo!

A couple of things: After you copy the URL of your info site, you have to go back to the main page to find the privacy link, it's way down at the bottom page and very tiny.

Second, these guys just collect and combine info on people that's already out there. If they found it, someone else can too. Odds are your info is being treated exactly the same on a dozen other sites, the only difference is we know about this one. Still, the fewer sites it's on the better.

Gas Man
01-12-2011, 02:41 PM
Well didn't have my info so I must be doing somin right.

sprink
01-12-2011, 07:22 PM
Well, that info isn't on facebook...lol. My kids don't show and they are 19-20. Must be off the normal lists phone solicitors use.