PDA

View Full Version : Forum upgraded!

Bob
01-05-2011, 10:19 PM
The forum is upgrades, thanks to Brad!, and we are ready to rock and roll. I'm going to keep the layout the same as it is now but work on changing the colors. Not sure what the colors will be though but it'll be something simple and easy on the eyes. Matt might also work on a new logo for us. Something smaller that fits the forums better.

RedneckMedic
01-06-2011, 12:28 AM
nice i like it forgot about you making the change and it caught me a little off guard might i suggest a little bit darker back ground something not so bright.

Trainguy
01-06-2011, 07:59 AM
Looks Good Bob. Congrats

Mudpuppy
01-06-2011, 09:14 AM
looks great Bob..

Remo
01-06-2011, 11:25 AM
nice i like it forgot about you making the change and it caught me a little off guard might i suggest a little bit darker back ground something not so bright.

What he said, looks good but the white background is a little bright...

Bob
01-06-2011, 06:34 PM
Thanks guys. I'll see what I can do. I'm not going to do any color changes until the new logo is done and I get familiar with the new system but I'll look into the background color change for sure.

WILEY
01-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Looks good.

Agree on the background. maybe black background with light colored letters?

Format is pretty nice.

Bob
01-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Just a heads up, the background probably won't go to black if anything i'll probably just go a little darker for now. Changing the background dark means changing everything else to light and it's not as easy as just clicking a button. There are thousands of variables to change. vB is good with be customizable but literally every line you can see and not see is a separate entity and has to be change. If anything it'd be something I had to work on a little bit at a time. LOL Unless I'm able to find a template that wil work which I'll also look into.

Gas Man
01-07-2011, 11:34 AM
I guess I'm the minority here cause at this point I don't like it.

Mudpuppy
01-07-2011, 11:58 AM
lost interest, please delete this thread and move on. Here is a summary: forum is upgraded, looks great, sand in gasman's mangina, cup of stfu handed to gasman, thread deleted.

Bob
01-07-2011, 07:02 PM
lost interest, please delete this thread and move on. Here is a summary: forum is upgraded, looks great, sand in gasman's mangina, cup of stfu handed to gasman, thread deleted.

Funny thing was as soon as i posted this thread i knew Gas Man would not like it. LOL This version of vB has a LOT more option than the previous one. Once you guys get used to it you'll like it. Wait until I get the ads up tonight! You'll LOVE that! haha!

Bob
01-08-2011, 12:00 AM
Ok guys. If you look at the bottom of the page in the left corner you'll see a pull down menu. That is the style menu. You can choose a few different styles. I created two so far, "Testing" and "Testing 2". Look those over and see if those are on the right track for what you guys are wanting as far as getting rid of the white. I'll most likely be going toward "Testing" because I like the red but if you guys like another color let me know and I can give that a try as well. I see some quirks I'll need to try and figure out though if I go this route.

Bob
01-08-2011, 12:06 AM
I added another one "Testing3" as well. It has a grey instead of black background. I'm actually liking the grey better than black. I'll try grey and red tomorrow but I'm done for the night so peace out!

telecast
01-08-2011, 08:52 AM
So far I like the 'Testing'. I am not fond of the new logo, though.

Also, instead of pale blue and grey on the icons for 'forum contains read/unread posts', can it be a little more obvious? Colors with more contrast would be good, like blue and red, blue and black, etc.

Lastly, if you go with the black background the color for the page numbers needs to be lighter. I'm talking about when you open a forum and can click on the last page of the thread. The dark grey is almost illegible.

Gas Man
01-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Funny guys... sometimes you'd be surprised by me. After all I did go to the cycle show.

Bob
01-08-2011, 05:23 PM
So we have one for "Testing"

Anything else? And these are just a base for ideas before I settle on one. I'll be honest though, I'm leaning toward Testing 3 with a red instead of green just because I hate dark background with light text. My eyes much prefer a soft back ground on darker text.

RedneckMedic
01-08-2011, 07:49 PM
I liked testing when it had the red i like the black red combo but would have to see grey/red before i make up my mind lol

Bob
01-08-2011, 08:58 PM
I got a new logo idea while I was on the toilet, where I do my best thinking as always. The trouble I was having was coming up with an idea that was not bike style specific. I THINK I came up with something and I'll sork on it tonight and see.

Trainguy
01-09-2011, 08:21 AM
I'm liken' the testing three

Bob
01-09-2011, 09:00 AM
I'm liken' the testing three

That's the one I was using to test the grey. I'll be honest, I like the original vB4 style the best out of all of them.

Remo
01-09-2011, 12:57 PM
I like the "Testing 2" & "Testing 3". I think some might have difficulty finding the "reply to thread button" in the "Testing & Testing 4" formats. Just my .02 tho...

Gas Man
01-09-2011, 04:58 PM
I'm running testing 3 now...

Gas Man
01-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Hmmm... testing 4 is nice too. I like the darkness.

junkyardjon
01-09-2011, 07:23 PM
wtf i leave and come back to this?... i thought my link was broke and clicked it 3 times LOL. looks good for now

Bob
01-09-2011, 09:48 PM
For now I think the site will stay the way it is, unless I go with a free template. I fooled around with it today and just don't have the time to make it how I want it so for now, it'll be this way. Unless I find a template I like, I'm going to start looking at templates this week.

Gas Man
01-09-2011, 10:10 PM
Where did our testing views go?

Bob
01-09-2011, 10:24 PM
They are gone. I don't have the time to put into getting them straight right now and I don't need 100 pm's telling me stuff is not working. LOL I'll mess with them as I have time. I just got done working on the new logo and I really like it. Not sure if anyone else will like it but I don't care. hahaha

telecast
01-10-2011, 08:28 AM
I like the logo, but the font looks like it says 'Michisan'.

Mudpuppy
01-10-2011, 09:38 AM
Funny guys... sometimes you'd be surprised by me. After all I did go to the cycle show.

yes i was shocked.. but it is now suburban financial showplace.. i think rock financial went bankrupt or something.. shocker..

Gas Man
01-10-2011, 10:38 AM
yes i was shocked.. but it is now suburban financial showplace.. i think rock financial went bankrupt or something.. shocker..

Oh yeah real shocker!

I tried it again, just for you... not really, just for my BIL who wanted me to go with him. But was thinking of you while I was with him. LOL

But honestly, it was better, but then again I got there at like 1630 on friday. The show had people there but not many at all. It was great this way.

The name don't really mean shit. The owners and workers are going to be the same. I just got lucky cause not being busy didn't show their true craptastic quality.

Remo
01-10-2011, 10:57 AM

I believe the naming rights expired and Suburban Collection was the new highest bidder...

Bob
01-10-2011, 06:44 PM
I believe the naming rights expired and Suburban Collection was the new highest bidder...

Correct. Rock Financial is far from Bankrupt. I think they are part of Quicken.

Mudpuppy
01-11-2011, 09:48 AM
oh i see.. i just figured with the current economy andy and rock financial took a nose dive.. i'm sure if they are economically stable it is thanks to some of our taxmoney bailout..

Bob
01-11-2011, 08:36 PM
oh i see.. i just figured with the current economy andy and rock financial took a nose dive.. i'm sure if they are economically stable it is thanks to some of our taxmoney bailout..

I really don'y think Quicken took any. They are a pretty diversified company. I always hear good things about Quicken.