PDA

View Full Version : I hope you die Polaris

Gas Man
12-25-2010, 03:47 PM
Polaris Industries Inc. has informed state of Wisconsin officials that it will begin the layoff of nearly 500 employees from its plants in Osceola on March 1, 2011. Medina, Minn.-based Polaris announced last May that it was exiting the Polk County operations in Osceola under a realignment of manufacturing operations that includes establishing a plant in Mexico and upgrades at factories in Roseau, Minn., and Spirit Lake, Iowa.

I wish them terrible sales and craptastic new year. Taking manufacturing out of this country. F them!

Bob
12-25-2010, 03:56 PM
From Cyril's Blog (http://www.cyrilhuzeblog.com/2010/12/25/fast-motorcycle-industry-news-38/#more-58226)

I wish them terrible sales and craptastic new year. Taking manufacturing out of this country. F them!

Did you say the same thing when Harley did it? LOL

Gas Man
12-25-2010, 04:02 PM
Harley doesn't assemble our stuff in other countries.

Bob
12-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Harley doesn't assemble our stuff in other countries.

Wasn't your Ford and Chevy assembled in Mexico?

WILEY
12-25-2010, 05:44 PM
From Cyril's Blog (http://www.cyrilhuzeblog.com/2010/12/25/fast-motorcycle-industry-news-38/#more-58226)

Chasing bigger corporate profits bastards.

Wont see any of my money.

Gas Man
12-26-2010, 10:20 AM
Wasn't your Ford and Chevy assembled in Mexico?
Yes the Chevy was and there has been problems with the car because of. It's disgusting. Hell I had to have the entire floor carpet replaced cause some stupid F in the factory dripped hot glue on the carpet near the seat and burned the carpet. There are other known issues that are also caused by the mexican assembly.

The fiesta depending on where you purchase it in the world, will either be made in Germany or Mexico. The fiesta is a global car and is very popular in europe, india and south america.

Further...One, we need to get ahold of the exporting of american jobs. Two, we need to implement a large import tax, because untill we do there is still a cost effective reality of taking the jobs out, till that is corrected the stock holders will always demand more profit even when it means exporting the jobs. Third, companies touting all american when they are shipping all of their manufacturing and assembly overseas. Remember these pieces of equipment are really only destine for USA. HD has it's fair share of manufactuing of pieces overseas, mostly electronics and such. However they keep not only the white collar jobs here but also the assembly.

Maybe I just demand more of my bike companies.

telecast
12-26-2010, 10:41 AM
Harley Davidson Will Build Assembly Plant in India

by Paul Crowe - "The Kneeslider" on 11/2/2010
in Motorcycle Business (http://thekneeslider.com/archives/category/motorcycle-business/)
http://thekneeslider.com/images/hdlogosm.gifAs reported in July (http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2010/07/23/harley-davidson-considering-assembly-plant-in-india/), Harley Davidson was considering building an assembly plant in India and they have now confirmed that they will be opening a factory there in the first half of 2011.

Harley-Davidson India has been importing completely assembled motorcycles from the Company’s U.S. final assembly plants. Once the Indian CKD assembly facility in the Indian State of Haryana is operational, Harley-Davidson India will import CKD kits for select current models, consisting of components produced by Harley-Davidson’s U.S. plants in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Missouri and by the company’s suppliers. Indian employees at the Haryana facility will then assemble the components into finished motorcycles. Other models will continue to be imported as completely built motorcycles for now.
The announcement is absolutely no surprise due to the very high import tariffs in India, along with a growing market for the big bikes. Harley expects the lower prices resulting from assembling the bikes there will stimulate demand even further. The Indian plant will be Harley's second outside the U.S., Harley Davidson has had an assembly plant in Brazil since 1999.

Just sayin'

Bob
12-26-2010, 10:52 AM
Maybe I just demand more of my bike companies.

Yeah, it doesn't really make since to boycott one company for doing it but not others.

Bob
12-26-2010, 10:52 AM
Harley Davidson Will Build Assembly Plant in India

by Paul Crowe - "The Kneeslider" on 11/2/2010
in Motorcycle Business (http://thekneeslider.com/archives/category/motorcycle-business/)
http://thekneeslider.com/images/hdlogosm.gifAs reported in July (http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2010/07/23/harley-davidson-considering-assembly-plant-in-india/), Harley Davidson was considering building an assembly plant in India and they have now confirmed that they will be opening a factory there in the first half of 2011.

Harley-Davidson India has been importing completely assembled motorcycles from the Companyís U.S. final assembly plants. Once the Indian CKD assembly facility in the Indian State of Haryana is operational, Harley-Davidson India will import CKD kits for select current models, consisting of components produced by Harley-Davidsonís U.S. plants in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Missouri and by the companyís suppliers. Indian employees at the Haryana facility will then assemble the components into finished motorcycles. Other models will continue to be imported as completely built motorcycles for now.
The announcement is absolutely no surprise due to the very high import tariffs in India, along with a growing market for the big bikes. Harley expects the lower prices resulting from assembling the bikes there will stimulate demand even further. The Indian plant will be Harley's second outside the U.S., Harley Davidson has had an assembly plant in Brazil since 1999.

Just sayin'

Looks like Chris is going to be walking soon. haha ;)

junkyardjon
12-26-2010, 11:08 AM
i like how that site only show's certain parts of the polaris story, theres more to it. i ain't one for all the U.S. made bull shit cause lets face it, it's over and it ain't coming back. just look at the big 3 car makers, if you work on this junk everyday you'll notice nothing is made here. ok maybe a couple items but MOST are not from here. i love seeing "U.S." cars with the "out of a job yet" stickers, only if they knew ahahahahahaha. no wait.. they do known but it makes them feel better LOL. i can go on and on about this but i've decided it ain't worth getting worked up over stupid shit no more LOL. side note, HD is just as bad, import way to many parts to be U.S made. ATK is starting to build bikes with korean engines to be sold at HD dealers....

telecast
12-26-2010, 11:27 AM
This has been discussed so many times it's ridiculous. The short answer is where the PROFIT is reinvested. Regardless of where they're built, or how many US parts are in them, or how many are imported, it all comes down to:

FOREIGN BASED COMPANIES REINVEST MOST OF THEIR MONEY ON FOREIGN SOIL

US COMPANIES REINVEST MOST OF THEIR MONEY ON US SOIL

That's it and that's all. The problem is that the average joe-blow doesn't look that far. All they know is the above arguments.

Look at it this way: HD can't export as many bikes to India as they want due to import costs. So, they build a plant in India. They employ Indian workers, sell a LOT more bikes, and gain the profit. They reinvest in the Indian plant to keep it A1, but the rest of the profit COMES BACK HERE. If there was no profit to be gained they WOULDN'T DO IT. They sure as hell wouldn't build a plant in India just to break even. That gives them more money for workers and reinvestment in HD on American soil. All that because they made bikes in India that WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN BUILT ANYWAY. So, who wins? India? America? HD?

EVERYONE.

Does that mean ALL new overseas facilities are a good thing? No. But in this case it works. And it works wherever tarrifs and import costs are too high.

junkyardjon
12-26-2010, 11:40 AM
so your saying they can make all parts over sea's and as long as there built here, it's ok? cause all the manufacturing jobs don't matter?

just messing with you LOL

Bob
12-26-2010, 11:53 AM
This has been discussed so many times it's ridiculous. The short answer is where the PROFIT is reinvested. Regardless of where they're built, or how many US parts are in them, or how many are imported, it all comes down to:

FOREIGN BASED COMPANIES REINVEST MOST OF THEIR MONEY ON FOREIGN SOIL

US COMPANIES REINVEST MOST OF THEIR MONEY ON US SOIL

That's it and that's all. The problem is that the average joe-blow doesn't look that far. All they know is the above arguments.

Look at it this way: HD can't export as many bikes to India as they want due to import costs. So, they build a plant in India. They employ Indian workers, sell a LOT more bikes, and gain the profit. They reinvest in the Indian plant to keep it A1, but the rest of the profit COMES BACK HERE. If there was no profit to be gained they WOULDN'T DO IT. They sure as hell wouldn't build a plant in India just to break even. That gives them more money for workers and reinvestment in HD on American soil. All that because they made bikes in India that WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN BUILT ANYWAY. So, who wins? India? America? HD?

EVERYONE.

Does that mean ALL new overseas facilities are a good thing? No. But in this case it works. And it works wherever tarrifs and import costs are too high.

I don't buy that profit bull shit either. I buy a Honda, Toyota or whatever made in the USA built by American workers, transported to dealers by American transporters, sold by American dealers and serviced by American mechanics. Look at all of those jobs. I think that is what a lot of people forget about.

To me, I don't give a shit though. LOL I work hard for my money and I buy what I feel is the best bang for my dollar. If that means buying a Jap bike or car I'm going to do it.

And for some reason, I've said this a million times, people ONLY care where their vehicles come from. They don't give a crap that their home electronics, clothing, furniture, appliances, and everything is foreign. That's what really baffles me.

Bob
12-26-2010, 12:20 PM
On another note, I think the problem with a lot of American companies is that they are not diversified. I honestly believe that's what hurts them. Looks at all of the things that companies like Yamaha and Honda are into besides motorcycles and cars. I wish the American companies would grow in this same manner.

Gas Man
12-26-2010, 01:28 PM
Yeah, it doesn't really make since to boycott one company for doing it but not others.
Where's the end? When's it going to stop? Do we really want our entire economy to not produce anything? To be nothing but a nation of consumers?

Looks like Chris is going to be walking soon. haha ;)

But Tele's not pointing out properly is that HD isn't hiding the fact that they put a factory in India or brazil. Those factories are there to assemble the US parts into the complete bike, to avoid the import tax. Plain and simple. HD will not try to import india assembled bikes to the states. Trust me on that. It would be commercial suicide for them. The cost of a imported HD goes up 100% due to the tax. However its very small import tax on parts. So they import the parts, assemble it there, provides a cheaper end product for indian citizens. So that they can get into that booming market of India. It's good biz for HD and good for India. I just wish our govt was smart enough to do the same for us.

On another note, I think the problem with a lot of American companies is that they are not diversified. I honestly believe that's what hurts them. Looks at all of the things that companies like Yamaha and Honda are into besides motorcycles and cars. I wish the American companies would grow in this same manner.

That is true. Ford has been doing this though. Not into more than just cars but diversifing into other world markets. Have you seen what they did in Inida with the new assembly plant and the new car... which I can't remember now the name. Getting into the global market better.

SportstersPaul
12-26-2010, 01:42 PM
Not to many years ago, well maybe, the car companies had gotten on the diversification band wagon, appliances come to mind, then some years later bailed out to concentrate on "automotive".

TheReaper!
12-26-2010, 01:48 PM

Can I second that ? :mad: IMO this country just keeps digging the hole deeper and deeper . You hear the pro trade people say that trade is good , and when it's cut historically we wind up in depressions . But this is a out and out lie . When trade has been cut and tariffs invoked , it has always been that we were already in a depression or damn close to it . I've read hundreds of books and thousands of articles on this stuff . The first thing I would tell some one is not to believe all this Capitalism crap . What the world practices today is not Capitalism , it's out and out Mercantilism .
On top of that , without firing a shot the corporations have taken over the U.S. Government .

You keep hearing that protectionism is a bad thing . Think about that for a moment . Do you protect your children , your home , your car etc etc ? And yet protecting your job that pays for all of the above is some how a bad thing ? :rolleyes: Bad for who ?

TheReaper!

horrorbusiness
12-26-2010, 01:51 PM
NAFTA will cause a giant sucking sound as jobs go south. (Jan 1993)

telecast
12-26-2010, 02:31 PM
I don't buy that profit bull shit either.

Of course not, because profit has absolutely nothing to do with corporations, right?

It's ALL about profit.

WILEY
12-27-2010, 12:33 PM
To all the folks who continue to buy the cheapest priced stuff no matter where it comes from, write to the folks who are losing their jobs and have to find another way to support their families and give them your reasons.

We CANNOT survive as a service based nation or as a labor supplier to foreign owned companies.

Wages in this country continue to fall, standard of living is going down, and yes the Walmart buyers are cutting their own throats.

We have become a throwaway society.

And corporations are making more money, influencing more governments with the carrot of bringing jobs and business to their area.

The corporations have NO desire to bring the rest of the world up to our standard of living, but a strong desire to level the playing feild by bringing us down to the rest of the world.

Gas Man
12-28-2010, 09:10 PM
AMEN Wiley! I agree completely!

alhall88
05-15-2011, 08:07 PM
How do we feel now that they bought Indian motorcycles and they bought Gem auto from Chrysler all within the same week.

Gas Man
05-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Man IDK... good call Al. It definitely clouds the view.

Mudpuppy
05-17-2011, 03:23 PM
are you walking yet there american chris?

Gas Man
05-17-2011, 05:57 PM
Nope... not yet. It's coming close though.

Mudpuppy
05-18-2011, 10:44 AM
i hear ya.. i just gave up on any of it a long time ago.. it's really a lost cause..

meinschaft
08-11-2011, 05:38 AM
[QUOTE=
Further...One, we need to get ahold of the exporting of american jobs. Two, we need to implement a large import tax, because untill we do there is still a cost effective reality of taking the jobs out, till that is corrected the stock holders will always demand more profit even when it means exporting the jobs. Third, companies touting all american when they are shipping all of their manufacturing and assembly overseas. Remember these pieces of equipment are really only destine for USA. HD has it's fair share of manufactuing of pieces overseas, mostly electronics and such. However they keep not only the white collar jobs here but also the assembly. QUOTE]

Chris is right. Here is something a lot of people don't understand about Ross Perot's warning about the "Giant sucking sound".

" Historically U.S. tariffs on imported goods and products till 1916 ranged from 10% to 30% (averaging about 28%) and supported nearly all the Federal Governments expenses until the 16th Amendment allowing Federal Income Taxes was passed in 1916."

Read it again. Until 1916, tariffs paid nearly ALL of the US Federal budget. 'Free Trade' has benefitted the corporations, not the U.S. citizen. We are the BIG losers. As Perot correctly stated.

ChefC14
08-13-2011, 05:39 AM

They all do it.