PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycles kill more Marines than war.

Bob
10-31-2008, 04:20 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/10/30/marine ... index.html (http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/10/30/marine.motorcycles/index.html)

I hate articles like this.* They make it sound like it's because they are on sportbikes and is why it's happening instead of saying the riders are morons.

bettyboop1w
10-31-2008, 05:18 PM
They didn't say it's not the sportbike but the dummy on the sportbike.

11-01-2008, 02:51 AM
I rarely read those articles, or stats. (didn't read that one)

Even on TV for example, when they say bike rider crashes/deaths have gone up, they don't tell everything, they just "sensationalize" the "gruesome". They don't ever mention how the number of riders has gone up yearly, and by how much. Or how new the group of crashes are.

Just like plane crashes. They don't ever tell how many people have flown for how many miles WITHOUT any accident of any kind, so people just get the wrong ideas all together.

Berto
11-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Not to sound like an ass, but 25 deaths out of 18,000 people riding... that's better odds than in a car or 0.14%.*

And why does it make a difference that they are marines.* It's a matter of educating.* Any tool with $10k or halfway decent credit can pick up the hottest GSX/CBR/ZX/R1 or something similar.* Selling these bikes to this group of people is the same as putting a 16 year old who just got his license behind a Porsche 911.

Motorcycles are dangerous to begin with.* We all see and understand that. I am sick and tired of people blaming the death on the bike.* It's not the bike, it's the rider that writes a check they can't cash.* I know I ride fast, but I ride under my limits and within my spectrum of experience.* I have paid, twice, with wrecks for taking on more than I can handle, but lucked out.* I learned and will not do that again.

My buddy died this summer off a wreck, that was a pure accident.* I know he rode within his limits.

Motorcycle deaths are part of the motorcycle life.

detdrbuzzard
11-03-2008, 02:24 PM
they are breaking the armed services down to one branch ( the marines ) but counting all motorcycles. i'll bet there are less cruiser motorcyclist killed than marines