PDA

View Full Version : Ever see one of these? (pistol)

telecast
12-18-2010, 09:49 AM
http://www.sightm1911.com/1911pix/historic/Sistema1927.jpg

In the early 30's, the Argentine government ordered 10,000 1911's from Colt. In 1936 they began producing them in Argentina under license and supervision from Colt, on Colt machinery. It is identical to a model 1927 in every respect, and all the parts are interchangable with a Colt. They made them until 1966.

We found one identical to this at Magnum Force. The counter guy said it's pre WWII, although I haven't checked the serial numbers yet. We got it for $400. If it said 'Colt' it'd be closer to $2k in the same condition. The bluing is starting to fade around the muzzle from holstering, but the bore and action are superb. It's my son's Christmas present.

This is a military model with the Argentine crest on the ejector side. There were also some unlicensed commercial models built by a different company, not as well valued or thought of as the DGFM, but prices are about the same, so you have to watch.

Other news, I joined the Dundee Sportsman's club. I'm currently on the waiting list until I accumulate 50 points to become a probie. They have an indoor pistol range, sweet!

Mad Dog
12-18-2010, 11:43 AM
Nice looking piece and great find!
Getting into a club with an indoor range will make a much better shooter out of you. Will you have 24-7 access? I hit the range at least a couple times a week. if you figure the dues and time helping out you save big money over the pay each time to shoot ranges. Good move.

Bob
12-18-2010, 12:06 PM
Let me know how you like the club. I was thinking of joining the wayne County group last year but never did.

telecast
12-18-2010, 05:35 PM
I used to belong to Washtenaw. Both have requirements. You have to put in 15 hours per year helping, anything from signing people in at shoots to washing windows, they don't care. At Dundee you also have to belong to a league. They have handgun, rimfire rifle, centerfire rifle, trap, archery, and horseshoes!

The indoor handgun range is shared with Archery. Handgun gets it once a week, on Tuesdays. There's a league starting in February, and it's (of course) on Tuesdays, so my only chance to shoot over winter indoors will be by joining the league. BUT, they're planning a whole new clubhouse with a dedicated indoor handgun range. The plans are done and they're in the perk test and township approval stage.

As of now I'm on the waiting list. With that I have full access to club facilities but no key to the building. Once I accumulate 50 work points (3 points per hour) I'll be considered for probation, then I get a key. Since they have trap shoots 3 days a week I can help out and get my points pretty quickly.

Looking forward to it. They also do social events, weekend all you can eat breakfasts, lunches, and there's a small bar with buck-fiddy beers.

BTW, the leagues and shoots are open to the public, you just pay a bit more than a member.

Mad Dog
12-18-2010, 09:24 PM
Yeah, ya can't beat them Buck-Fiddy Beers. We got em at our club too. You make 2 work parties and pay your dues and your good to go. We have a 300 yard rifle range also. Great for the AR-10.

Gas Man
12-19-2010, 10:53 AM
No way I could do that club shit. No different than a RC or MC. I don't have time and I hate rules.

telecast
12-19-2010, 11:20 AM
You're such a rebel.....

Mad Dog
12-19-2010, 02:32 PM
No way I could do that club shit. No different than a RC or MC. I don't have time and I hate rules.

But I can shoot any day any time. All included in my dues. $80 per year.
You've seen my targets. What's it worth?

alhall88
12-19-2010, 04:44 PM
I shoot all I want in my back yard, and the best part is I don't have to socialize.

Gas Man
12-19-2010, 09:04 PM
You're such a rebel.....

That's not what I'm saying. I just hate all that added crap just to do something I do anyway.

But I can shoot any day any time. All included in my dues. $80 per year.
You've seen my targets. What's it worth?

Depends on how much you shoot.

I can join the membership club at my range and then shoot for free as well. Plus

3 Mo. Membership free with gun purchase over $300 $300 3 hours free range time with gun purchase $200-299.99 2 hours free range time with gun purchase $100-199.99 1 hour free range time gun purchase $0-99.99

It also gives you this

Unlimited range time (both weekday and weekends)
10% discount on ammo in case quantities
5% discount on ammo and accessories.
Bowling pin shoots & IPSC practice only $10 (Reg $15)
10% discount on training classes
Annual member only pricing on select guns during year
3 free guest passes (2nd person same lane)
Free TGSS short sleeve t-shirt or TGSS hat
Range rules waiver is kept on file

And I don't have to wash windows, or put in 50 hours of my time.

I shoot all I want in my back yard, and the best part is I don't have to socialize.

That is probably the best way!!!

Mad Dog
12-19-2010, 09:19 PM

I hear ya Al. I have learned what are the busy and quiet times at the range. Prefer to be alone if possible.

[QUOTE=Gas Man;21045]

Chris, ya outta see me in a french maid uniform!:eek:

telecast
12-19-2010, 10:15 PM

It's...uh...15 hours...for a year.

10% discount on ammo in case quantities
5% discount on ammo and accessories.
And it's still priced too high.

Bowling pin shoots & IPSC practice only $10 (Reg $15)
Wow...you saved $5....

10% discount on training classes
Free at the club

Annual member only pricing on select guns during year
And they're still priced too high.

3 free guest passes (2nd person same lane)
As many guests as I want.

Free TGSS short sleeve t-shirt or TGSS hat
I don't have to wear some stupid fucking shirt or hat.

Range rules waiver is kept on file
I don't have to sign a waiver.

Yup, that's a pretty good deal.