PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have straight Talk cell service?

Bob
12-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Our Sprint contract will be up in a month and a half and I can not wait to get rid of it. I've had horrible service with it and it seems like we'll lose signal when everyone else still has one. Not to mention in order to even talk on my phone I have to go outside or in the garage because I don't get a signal in the house for some reason.

Anyway, it looks like Straight Talk used Verizon and AT&T networks and for $45 a month you get unlimted calling, text and data. I've never had a phone with text or data and think I'll really like being able to check the internet from the phone and use the GPS feature.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone here uses it. So far every review I read gave the service and phone I want positive marks.

Gas Man
12-10-2010, 11:47 PM
Nope... I have Sprint and LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

AT&T & Verizon charge you for EVERYTHING!! They can lick my taint. Nearly everybody I know has switched from them to Sprint because of that.

RedneckMedic
12-11-2010, 01:25 AM
ive got sprint a love it. especially their protection plans as often as I break phones. If they can't fix it they ship me a new one within like 3 days if they don't have any in store. I never lose service unless im in a basement or something and they usually take care of us if we have any issues with our plan as well as having 4 lines with unlimited everything for a decent price.

junkyardjon
12-11-2010, 09:40 PM
i shut my cell off a few months back and life is sooo much better now!!!
i had sprint and found out it don't work down south

Bob
12-11-2010, 10:36 PM
i shut my cell off a few months back and life is sooo much better now!!!
i had sprint and found out it don't work down south

Or up north. We had 3 cell phones up north this year. A T-mobile, a Trac-Phone (Verizon) and my Sprint. I got ZERO signal all week and the T-Mobile and Trac got full signal all week. It sucked.

Bagger Dave
12-11-2010, 11:16 PM
I switched to Sprint last March and love it!! two thumbs up!
I had Verizon and I returned 2 phones..that including the Droid wich wouldn't work for shit out at my house....After I switched to Sprint, I have the Samsung 'Moment' phone...which is Android platform and is about 2 hundy cheaper than the Droid. Phone works great and I have not had a problem with it...even going up north.
Verizon charges you everytime you flush the toilet!! lol

RedneckMedic
12-12-2010, 12:22 AM
I have the Samsung 'Moment' phone...

me too but a bunch of my friends have the evo and i really want that phone. Either that or the blackberry torch but i love the moment because i have the best of both worlds a smart phone with touch screen and still have a full qwerty key board.