PDA

View Full Version : May 13th, 2011 - Port Dover, Canadia

Gas Man
11-23-2010, 10:21 PM
Every Friday the 13th in Port Dover.

Huge party.

My chopper buds go everytime. I have always wanted to go but couldn't for some reason or the other. May 13th weekend I'm off.

Let's ride boys!

http://www.pd13.com/

We can camp or motel it... depending on interest.

Will see if I can get some eastern guys to meet us there on one of my other sites TWFix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?p=427723#post427723)

Fishman
11-24-2010, 08:30 AM
Count me in..

sprink
11-24-2010, 06:42 PM
The Canadians I have met warned that the event is HUGE! They seem to shy away. Sounds cool. As I've never been, just fair warning.....

Gas Man
11-24-2010, 07:52 PM
I spoke to one of my buds that went in the fall (Aug maybe) version. Said to take 3 out there instead of 401. Much nicer ride I guess. Adds 50mins to the 4 hr ride

Route 3 (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=flat+rock,+mi&daddr=42.0698,-82.6929+to:42.28372,-82.03531+to:port+dover,+canada&geocode=FS9XggIdHhEJ-ymNB0qRwEA7iDGwFetPneFXpg%3BFSjvgQId3DQS-ymP6wF_cMM6iDG0xY0_QbGmaw%3BFcgyhQIdkj0c-ynhu4gOruIviDHEb4spGlmLng%3BFdTfjAIdAjM4-ykRIwlzcVMsiDE-gZcbuC6FSw&hl=en&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=10&via=1,2&sll=42.138968,-82.773743&sspn=0.449076,0.88028&ie=UTF8&ll=42.83066,-80.635529&spn=0.444138,0.88028&z=10) vs Hwy 401 (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=FS9XggIdHhEJ-ymNB0qRwEA7iDGwFetPneFXpg%3BFdTfjAIdAjM4-ykRIwlzcVMsiDE-gZcbuC6FSw&q=flat+rock,+mi+to+port+dover,+canada&sll=42.83066,-80.635529&sspn=0.444138,0.88028&ie=UTF8&z=8&saddr=flat+rock,+mi&daddr=port+dover,+canada)

Gas Man
11-24-2010, 07:53 PM
The Canadians I have met warned that the event is HUGE! They seem to shy away. Sounds cool. As I've never been, just fair warning.....
Yeah it's a good sized event I guess. Much of it being a big drunk sloshing I'm sure.

Fishman
11-25-2010, 09:53 AM
I went on a trip through that area last year on Aug Fri 13th not knowing about the event. I left here followed the lake along to Niagra then into upstate New York. I couldn't believe all the bikes passing us going in the opposite direction. Finally ended up stopping at a place and talked to some riders from Quebec that were headed to Dover. They went every year. Said there is usually about 100,000 people show up from all over US and Canada.
Oh and don't worry about the ride. It sucks. Flat straight and very little to see no matter how you go. So just get there

SportstersPaul
11-25-2010, 07:29 PM
Rumored to be the biggest rally in Canada, automatic every Friday the 13th. Spills over into Saturday as well, you'll find lots of older Brit and Metric bikes, always a good show! Only date next year is May, an if you hope to make a reservation you better call quick, most rooms are rebooked as the parties leave the current rally. Oh, and 3 is a much more scenic route than the 401 anyday. You can cross at Detroit, Algonac,( which is very conveniant for me), Marine City or Port Huron. In years past "Rocky's" the H.D. dealer in London used to offer free breakfast Friday mornings of the Rally, will have to check and see if that is good to go or not, will post at later date.

junkyardjon
11-25-2010, 10:34 PM
i ain't allowed in canada

WILEY
11-26-2010, 07:54 AM
No Canadian trips for me either.

Border patrol doesnt seem to like me and the feeling is mutual.

Gas Man
11-26-2010, 02:42 PM
i ain't allowed in canada

No Canadian trips for me either.

Border patrol doesnt seem to like me and the feeling is mutual.

Stories required for proper excuse validation.

alhall88
11-26-2010, 03:58 PM
Canada has a new law that does not allow you in there country if you ever had a drunk driving ticket or even an impaired. Unless you want to pony up $400 for some bullshit fee that would allow it. Doesn't matter even if it was 20 years ago. You could deny ever having a ticket but thats at your own risk.

WILEY
11-26-2010, 06:04 PM
Stories required for proper excuse validation.

Well

The last 3 times I went to Canada.....

Detroit crossing --- exiting Canada Strip searched

Detroit crossing --- entering Canada Strip searched

Port Huron --- entering Canada Strip searched

Dont know who I look like. Just know aint gonna be a fourth time.

The time I went near the border in Minnesota on a trip and didnt even cross, stopped and questioned. There is a park with a cool waterfall in the arrowhead region of Minn right next to border. Stopped there on bike trip. Border Patrol stopped us and questioned what I was doing there. Got pissed when I told em sight seeing..... it was the honest truth.

Canada just aint gonna happen.

junkyardjon
11-26-2010, 06:09 PM
foul language ain't allowed here so lets just say we exchanged words at the border

Gas Man
11-26-2010, 06:11 PM
Canada has a new law that does not allow you in there country if you ever had a drunk driving ticket or even an impaired. Unless you want to pony up $400 for some bullshit fee that would allow it. Doesn't matter even if it was 20 years ago. You could deny ever having a ticket but thats at your own risk.

Are you for real? Going to go look that shit up.

Well

The last 3 times I went to Canada.....

Detroit crossing --- exiting Canada Strip searched

Detroit crossing --- entering Canada Strip searched

Port Huron --- entering Canada Strip searched

Dont know who I look like. Just know aint gonna be a fourth time.

The time I went near the border in Minnesota on a trip and didnt even cross, stopped and questioned. There is a park with a cool waterfall in the arrowhead region of Minn right next to border. Stopped there on bike trip. Border Patrol stopped us and questioned what I was doing there. Got pissed when I told em sight seeing..... it was the honest truth.

Canada just aint gonna happen.

Strip searched... NICE!!! Was she hot? :eek:

I should say that I'm also going to make sure I have my enhanced DL before this trip.

Gas Man
11-26-2010, 06:28 PM
I couldn't find anything on canada border patrol website on the dui laws

However google gave me this
http://www.1800duilaws.com/article/travel_to_canada.asp

junkyardjon
11-26-2010, 06:31 PM
it's a law, i know that for a fact.

Gas Man
11-26-2010, 10:08 PM
What stupid Fhead came up with that idea?!??

SportstersPaul
11-27-2010, 12:05 AM
Yes, and keep in mind 1. Enhanced Drivers License, or 2. Passport! and leave the gun at home!!!!!

WILEY
11-27-2010, 07:01 AM
Are you for real? Going to go look that shit up.

Strip searched... NICE!!! Was she hot? :eek:

I should say that I'm also going to make sure I have my enhanced DL before this trip.

Crossing back into US was the worst, had some guy telling me what to do that could barely speak English. Course didnt help that I know just enough Spanish to know what he was saying under his breath. He didnt like it atfter everything was over that i called him el coņo muy raro.

RedneckMedic
11-27-2010, 06:34 PM
make sure you have your enhanced or passport before you go or i can guarantee you will get stopped its the only way youll get back over. I've never had a problem going over but everyother time i come back i get stopped and i used to go a lot having just turned 21. one time i got questioned for 30 min about a crown royal bag that i keep change in in my truck. almost got stripped search one time but a group of middle eastern guys came in right after me and thye told me to get going. another time while they were searching my truck i was standing in the window watching them and a guy in the office said very politely "you can sit down if you want" and when i told him no thanks i'll stand he said that this was my first warning and if i dont sit down he was going to have to hold me there.

In my opinion the border is complete bull shit. if im a fucking american i should be allowed back into my country especially if i have a passport birth certificate and drivers license and im white. What do they think i left the country for a little bit now im trying to get back in to blow something up. Im obviously not an illegal immigrant trying to sneek in either.

I've never tried crossing on the bike but im sure it wouldn't help matters any.

Fishman
11-27-2010, 10:14 PM
I went over and back twice on the bike in Detroit and Niagara Falls with no problem. The guy with me was an Italian with a green card. In fact they were very decent and I was wearing club colors at the time..

WILEY
11-28-2010, 08:33 AM
I went over and back twice on the bike in Detroit and Niagara Falls with no problem. The guy with me was an Italian with a green card. In fact they were very decent and I was wearing club colors at the time..

Colors as in MC or do you mean a riding club patch?

Fishman
11-28-2010, 09:16 AM
Not an MC, but a full set of club patches, but most people cant tell the difference..I was afraid they might attract some interest at the border, but nothing..

WILEY
11-28-2010, 11:26 AM
Not an MC, but a full set of club patches, but most people cant tell the difference..I was afraid they might attract some interest at the border, but nothing..

But for those who can, please dont call your group patch Colors,Cut,Rag.

Here is a pretty good educational website.

http://www.rcvsmc.net/id3.html

Gas Man
11-28-2010, 09:13 PM
Yes, and keep in mind 1. Enhanced Drivers License, or 2. Passport! and leave the gun at home!!!!!

Truth. I hate leaving my gun at home!

Crossing back into US was the worst, had some guy telling me what to do that could barely speak English. Course didnt help that I know just enough Spanish to know what he was saying under his breath. He didnt like it atfter everything was over that i called him el coņo muy raro.

I love it... great story.

In my opinion the border is complete bull shit. if im a fucking american i should be allowed back into my country especially if i have a passport birth certificate and drivers license and im white. What do they think i left the country for a little bit now im trying to get back in to blow something up. Im obviously not an illegal immigrant trying to sneek in either.

I've never tried crossing on the bike but im sure it wouldn't help matters any.

I agree. Last time I went thru (pre-Sep 11, 01) as I went to re-enter, the guy went to ask me something as I grabbed for my passport, as soon as he saw them, he waved me thru. No questions at all. Never even looked at the passport. He just saw the color and waved on.

SportstersPaul
11-29-2010, 01:28 AM
Never had any problem with border crossings here into Canada, Canada into New York or vice versa. Do find it much more convenient crossing at smaller site like we have here in Marine City or Algonac. Next to no traffic as well.

Gas Man
05-01-2011, 07:29 PM
This is coming... who's going?

I got a big crew of folks rolling out thursday morning. probably be rolling 12+ bikes, support truck/trailer, and bbq grill.

sprink
05-01-2011, 09:30 PM
I was thinking of a "day trip" on Saturday.

Any advice from those that have been before?

Gas Man
05-03-2011, 12:09 AM
Going in on friday will test your coolant system on a metric or your oil temps on a hd.

saturday may be better. I know we leave sat.

oh and take route 3 going out... much nicer ride. We keep the 401 highway for coming home.