PDA

View Full Version : You guys suck. Now I want to...

Gas Man
11-13-2010, 05:18 PM
Buy some old metric cruiser and chop chop

I'm wondering if I should talk the wife into letting me borrow $1,000 from the home account. Use it to buy a project bike, keep it cool on the cheap, ride it and sell it for a small profit. Buy another and so on...

I found a bunch of possibilities on craigslist. Just not sure if I should or not. I don't want to break even. I would need to turn a profit.

Bob you're largely at fault!

Trainguy
11-13-2010, 05:57 PM
What project looks the most..........................:cool:

Bob
11-13-2010, 06:52 PM
I love the old metrics. They are pretty bullet proof too. I'm looking in the $800 and lower and finding a lot. Just they are all sort of far and I don't have a trailer or a car that will pull one. LOL I was supposed to go look at one today but my car stopped running, luckily just a fuse. But I had no idea at the time what was wrong so I thought I might be sinking money into the car instead and passed.

junkyardjon
11-13-2010, 07:00 PM
i build all my bike's for $500 but i do all the work LOL. that include's purchase price. maybe look into a 69-78 honda cb750, bulletproof engines and parts are everywhere for cheap

Bob
11-13-2010, 08:21 PM
i build all my bike's for $500 but i do all the work LOL. that include's purchase price. maybe look into a 69-78 honda cb750, bulletproof engines and parts are everywhere for cheap

You have anything for sale under $800?

junkyardjon
11-13-2010, 08:36 PM
i always have something for sale LOL. yes i have one for under $800 but it needs put together. i also know of 2 stock cb750's for $500 each, both spin over

junkyardjon
11-13-2010, 08:50 PM
this would be a good starting point for a rigid chop! if i had the money....

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/mcy/2042216798.html

Grantzphoto
11-14-2010, 02:25 AM
Xj550's are cool cause they are chain driven for a nice karate chop. Also XS series yamaha's are cool for bobbing.

Bob
11-14-2010, 07:43 AM
i always have something for sale LOL. yes i have one for under $800 but it needs put together. i also know of 2 stock cb750's for $500 each, both spin over

pm me about what you have when you get some time.

junkyardjon
11-14-2010, 07:45 AM
next one i build for a keeper will be sport bike based engine. like a katana, gxsr, something along those lines. might as well use something with power from the get go!
i'm doing a ground up repair on my brothers katana 600 right now and i can't stop thinking about making a frame for it LOL.

Gas Man
11-14-2010, 12:05 PM
See you guys aren't helping... or wait... maybe you are helping. I guess it depends on which side of the fence you're on.

Jon, you seroiusly buy em for under $500?

Gas Man
11-14-2010, 12:14 PM
I love the old metrics. They are pretty bullet proof too. I'm looking in the $800 and lower and finding a lot. Just they are all sort of far and I don't have a trailer or a car that will pull one. LOL I was supposed to go look at one today but my car stopped running, luckily just a fuse. But I had no idea at the time what was wrong so I thought I might be sinking money into the car instead and passed.
and i'm in a similar boat. I too noticed they were far out, and I also don't have a vehicle to tow or a trailer. A pick up truck and ramp would work or just pick it up if you have somebody with you.

Bob
11-14-2010, 12:24 PM
See you guys aren't helping... or wait... maybe you are helping. I guess it depends on which side of the fence you're on.

Jon, you seroiusly buy em for under $500?

There area a lot for under $800 man. There is a KZ440 on Xceed right now for $400 and it runs just fine. I've been considering it but I think I want to go more cafe and this bike would be a much better bobber.

Bob
11-14-2010, 12:25 PM
and i'm in a similar boat. I too noticed they were far out, and I also don't have a vehicle to tow or a trailer. A pick up truck and ramp would work or just pick it up if you have somebody with you.

Yeah a lot are like 60 minutes or more.

Oh, there was also a decent Nighthawk in Trenton on CL too.

alhall88
11-14-2010, 02:16 PM
I have a pickup with a full 8ft. box if you guys need, just need to borrow some ramps.

junkyardjon
11-14-2010, 03:41 PM
yup $500 is the most i'll pay and there everywhere. i don't care about sheet metal cause i sell it and use other tins anyways. there a cb750 on CL for $250 thats a basket case, i love those ones LOL. if the motor spins i'm good to go. everything else will be bought for next to nothing. i do all the work so i don't pay anybody for nothing. alot of people lose there ass buying everything and they wonder how they spent $3000 on a $1000 bike LOL.
now someone will say "I don't have the tools" and so forth, well i've said it enuff times "BRING YOUR SHIT OVER AND WE'LL GET IT DONE" LOL. i enjoy building shit and helping people but it seems they don't wanna do the work,
sorry i was about to rant there ahahahaha

oh and most of the bikes i buy are from downriver area LOL

Bob
11-14-2010, 07:07 PM
yup $500 is the most i'll pay and there everywhere. i don't care about sheet metal cause i sell it and use other tins anyways. there a cb750 on CL for $250 thats a basket case, i love those ones LOL. if the motor spins i'm good to go. everything else will be bought for next to nothing. i do all the work so i don't pay anybody for nothing. alot of people lose there ass buying everything and they wonder how they spent $3000 on a $1000 bike LOL.
now someone will say "I don't have the tools" and so forth, well i've said it enuff times "BRING YOUR SHIT OVER AND WE'LL GET IT DONE" LOL. i enjoy building shit and helping people but it seems they don't wanna do the work,
sorry i was about to rant there ahahahaha

oh and most of the bikes i buy are from downriver area LOL

Stay the f*ck away from our bike deals! hahahahaha

RedneckMedic
11-14-2010, 07:30 PM
ya ive been looking for a cb750 as well but can only afford something for about 250. so im looking for something either a basic case (might as well learn how to put one together from the bottom up) or something that just needs a lot of cosmetic work. I would prefer something that runs because ive never had to deal with a bike that doesn't. plus i have no idea how to test if an engine is seized up. ive been thinking about it for a while and the show on hd theater called Cafe Racer doesnt help me take my mind of the project.

Bob
11-14-2010, 07:56 PM
ya ive been looking for a cb750 as well but can only afford something for about 250. so im looking for something either a basic case (might as well learn how to put one together from the bottom up) or something that just needs a lot of cosmetic work. I would prefer something that runs because ive never had to deal with a bike that doesn't. plus i have no idea how to test if an engine is seized up. ive been thinking about it for a while and the show on hd theater called Cafe Racer doesnt help me take my mind of the project.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/mcy/2060380651.html

Bob
11-14-2010, 07:56 PM
http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/mcy/2060380651.html

As for being seized. These old metrics are almost all kick start. I'm pretty sure if you can kick it the motor is spinning.

RedneckMedic
11-14-2010, 08:27 PM
ya i saw that one on there but im looking for something a little more complete. I dont have a lot of cash to throw around on it but want a project. I know it works out to be around the same weather i buy something like this and but parts or spend more for a more complete bike so im just going to wait for something in my range it will show up eventually. plus not having put a full bike together it would be nice to have at least a bike thats in parts to where the guy i buy it off of knows whats missing instead of me guessing.

thxs though i will keep that one in mind if i dont find anything.

plus if any of you are looking for a decent bobber project or something like that this would be good. same bike as mine and doesn't look like theres too much wrong with it. most of the things bad are things ive replaced on mine already

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/mcy/2051779203.html

Bob
11-14-2010, 08:28 PM
ya i saw that one on there but im looking for something a little more complete. I dont have a lot of cash to throw around on it but want a project. I know it works out to be around the same weather i buy something like this and but parts or spend more for a more complete bike so im just going to wait for something in my range it will show up eventually. plus not having put a full bike together it would be nice to have at least a bike thats in parts to where the guy i buy it off of knows whats missing instead of me guessing.

thxs though i will keep that one in mind if i dont find anything.

plus if any of you are looking for a decent bobber project or something like that this would be good. same bike as mine and doesn't look like theres too much wrong with it. most of the things bad are things ive replaced on mine already

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/mcy/2051779203.html

I emailed that dude 2 weeks ago and never heard back. I should try again.

Gas Man
11-14-2010, 08:35 PM
That's not going to be a good chopped down bike...

Trainguy
11-15-2010, 09:49 AM
Chris, if it is anytime before we get buried in snow or in the spring, you can use my truck & trailer:cool:

Gas Man
11-15-2010, 11:19 AM
Thanks DJ and I do have others as well. But that just sucks ya know.

I do have a pick up truck I can use next door any time I ask. But it's not my dd