PDA

View Full Version : So what do you do???

TopShelf Scott
11-10-2010, 10:25 PM
So now that winter is coming what do you guy's do for fun?

I like to play a little on the snowmachine, still do some outdoor
shooting, and alot of drinking..:D

Bob
11-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Tickle fights at Gas Man's house...what else?

Now that winter is coming i have no idea what I'll do. I'm sort of trying to get a winter project but I won't do it unless the price is right and so far 95% of the sellers on Craigslist are full blown flakes. LOL I'm going to try and go look at a GS1100 this weekend. I was looking at a GS750 but the guy was just a tad too high on price. I'd love for it to look something like this. For some reason i really like this bike and I'm pretty sure it's pretty close to stock if not all stock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKkn2crQ7dU

If I don't end up finding a small project bike I might try and come up with some small welding projects just to occupy some free time and keep me from sitting on the couch getting fatter. Which reminds me, I hope to get back on the treadmill too. LOL

dogbreath
11-10-2010, 10:38 PM
I compensate for the less linear traction curve by forcing oversteer before the turn-in point.

Bob
11-10-2010, 10:51 PM
I compensate for the less linear traction curve by forcing oversteer before the turn-in point.

Good answer!

RedneckMedic
11-11-2010, 01:11 AM
well last winter was spent bobbing out the shadow and im pretty much done on it. So this year im going to be very busy with my medic class and finishing up my pre-reqs for nursing school. so anytime i have in between this year im going to be hitting the slopes because i didn't go at all last year i miss it. theres nothing better than going up a chairlift at night when the snow starts to fall and then you get off and tear up the terrain park.

I also am still hoping for a welder for xmas so i will try and get some practice in this winter. I also want to try and learn to play the guitar a little bit because i do enjoy singing with my buddies (although i really suck) and would like to be able to play along a little bit with them. other than that just going to be working and hopefully ill be working in EMS soon ive had my license for about 6 months now and still haven't landed a job.

Chris300s
11-11-2010, 07:40 AM
I'd like to be working on a winter project but I'm headed to the UK for 3 months.
When I get back I have a Harley X90 to restore for Velodrome racing. And there's always work to be done on my wife's car.

Chris

Gas Man
11-11-2010, 08:28 AM

aWESOME!

I'm hoping to tinker with Nightster a bit, and do some maintanance on the Ultra (fork fluid change and new brake pads). Otherwise, just chillax I hope.

Mad Dog
11-11-2010, 08:52 AM
I'll be busy hunting till December. After that I intend to hone my shooting skills at the indoor range. Have a 250-260 NRA average and hope to increase it by 10 points. Other than that I'm with ya Chris. Just chill and wait till spring.

telecast
11-11-2010, 09:18 AM
I'm hoping to stay alive. Came within a breath of losing my job due to no work. I took a temp position in the same company to see me through, 12 hours a day (average) Fri, Sat, and Sun all winter and until some projects start, maybe into summer. It's really putting the kiabosh on my usual, but there's no other choice.

Mudpuppy
11-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Dude Bob you are on a roll.. Tickle fights - LMAO

In the winter I brew beer, hunt, watch football and whatever else I can get into..

vortech302
11-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Black Ops and hopefully putting my car back together

Bob
11-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Dude Bob you are on a roll.. Tickle fights - LMAO

In the winter I brew beer, hunt, watch football and whatever else I can get into..

I wonder why all of the ads on the top of the page are for San Fransisco vacations?! I was thinking it had something to do with the song "San Fransico Nights" because it was a song about The Hells Angels but it might be because of all of my Gas Man gayness talk. hahahaha!

TopShelf Scott
11-11-2010, 09:24 PM

Hmmmm??? I think I have seen pictures of this somewhere...LOL

Gas Man
11-11-2010, 09:48 PM
You can shut your pie hole Top Shelf!

TopShelf Scott
11-11-2010, 10:20 PM
You can shut your pie hole Top Shelf!

Hey Hey Hey why ya gotta be so mean???:D

Mad Dog
11-11-2010, 10:21 PM

Please Elaborate.....

Gas Man
11-12-2010, 08:19 AM
No elbration needed. This top shelf guy is shady, he does things to you, cough, I mean your pictures so it looks like you're involved in things that he enjoys. He may have fanatasies about it while he photochops... we're not really sure he's just not right.

Oh and he's a thief. he steals things for a living. Don't pay your bill, he may come for your stuff. It's just mean.

LOLOL

TopShelf Scott
11-12-2010, 11:15 AM
No matter how mean you are to me Gas you will always be my "Hero":D

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/8666/ronandgas.jpg

Mad Dog
11-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Dude, you with The Village People?

vortech302
11-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Dude, you know Ron Jeremy?

Chris300s
11-12-2010, 01:03 PM
No matter how mean you are to me Gas you will always be my "Hero":D

the junk shadow disturbs me. I can't unsee that..

Gas Man
11-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Dude, you with The Village People?

Dude, you know Ron Jeremy?

the junk shadow disturbs me. I can't unsee that..

Yes!

Mad Dog
11-12-2010, 06:42 PM
Yes!

Now that that's cleared up what kind of mods you doing this winter?

Gas Man
11-13-2010, 07:21 AM
Well you see the nightster thread. I'm doing those. I'm also doing a fork fluid change and new brake pads on the ultra. I have been more recently thinking about not leaving the ultra un-moded for mod season. Those mufflers might come off along with the ultra heat shields and get ceramic black. MAYBE even the saddle bag bars powdered gloss black.

junkyardjon
11-13-2010, 08:13 PM

yeah...... UM......... HMMMMMM................. NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!