PDA

View Full Version : need some mini ape opinion

Fishman
11-10-2010, 11:54 AM
I'm thinking about 10 or 12 inch mini apes on a 1500 Vulcan. My concern is with the pull back measurement. I don't want to lose to much comfort for long trips. Stock pull back is currently 14 inches. The mini apes I've looked at all seem to be about 9-10 inches pull back So am I going to have to reach 4-5 inches farther as well as 4-6 inches higher? Not concerned about the height, I could stand to have higher bars any way? OR does any one know where I can get 10 inch apes with a say 12-14 inch pull back..

Thanks

RedneckMedic
11-10-2010, 01:20 PM
you could get them custom made from many different places but are going to cost more. ive got 12 in bars on 4inch pull back risers and they sit right at my shoulders. even if you get the regular ones youll be fine and if you get that much pull back on ape hangers i think they start looking like buck horn bars and i think the bucks are the worst handlebar invention ever next to the cup holder.

Fishman
11-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Agreed don't like that at all and I was afraid of that..

RedneckMedic
11-10-2010, 04:05 PM
always do like i did and just use pullback risers. my arms are just as far out because pull back on my apes is the same as it was on the drag bars (maybe a half inch more but still close) so my arms are just higher. plus you can always pull the bars closer if you need to push them back out if you want more reach they dont have to sit straight up and down in the risers.