PDA

View Full Version : Trick or Treat Ediquette

Gas Man
10-31-2010, 08:48 PM
What the F ever happened to it?

Respect people's property. That means don't cut across the grass, don't bang your candy bag against the car, WTF!

You say "Trick or Treat", not just walk up and open your bag!

Then you say "Thank You!"

If the porch light is off, it means no more candy.

I swear I'm going to just stop passing out candy, it's so freakin annoying! Kids today aren't worth a FUCK!

vortech302
10-31-2010, 09:49 PM
Man, I must've yelled at my kid 20 times to stay on the sidewalk, and every house I had to remind her to say thank you. Luckily she was more than happy to yell "trick or treat"

telecast
10-31-2010, 10:51 PM
Our T or T group has been getting smaller by the year. 10 years ago we'd get about 50 kids, a nice number. Not too many. It keeps dropping. This year we had zero.

Bob
11-01-2010, 11:54 AM
We had over 100 kids this year and they were all pretty decent.

dogbreath
11-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Once again no children bothered walking down a steep, winding dirt road in the middle of the night for my bitter, unwrapped redneck candies.

Bob
11-01-2010, 04:17 PM
Once again no children bothered walking down a steep, winding dirt road in the middle of the night for my bitter, unwrapped redneck candies.

You'd think Hell would be the place to go for Halloween!

dogbreath
11-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Maybe in town, but I live out in the woods.

Mad Dog
11-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Maybe it was the Banjo's hanging at the end of the driveway?

apex factor
11-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Most of the kids that came to our door were good, but we had a few that pretended that they never came to our house even though we asked them straight out and knew full well that they had been there already. Ah well.

Chris300s
11-01-2010, 05:41 PM
We had a group that came by 3-times, walked up and held out thier bags. Never said anything.
Most of the 30-some kids were fine. The parents were weird though, either pacing their kids with the car or they stood at the sidewalk and never said a word. We had a cooler of beer and Jager at the ready but never got the opportunity to offer. No suprise that their kids lack manners.

Chris

sprink
11-01-2010, 07:36 PM
I live quite near Detroit, first nice neighborhood north of 8 mile. We had more than 200 kids, easy. After 6pm, none of the kids coming to the door were local. Most were nice and said thank you. Other than the teens and adults with bags, I had no issues.

The cars following the kids is a big problem. Hell, there is a big ass parking lot at the end of my block. Park your car and walk your lazy ass down the street! Last year a cop rolled up and was telling the cars to get off the street. In all the excitement, one of them pulled in a drive and back out to turn around, right into my son's car parked out front. :eek:

Gas Man
11-01-2010, 07:40 PM
I even setup my pass out camp at the sidewalk of the driveway. Allot of the things I saw were at neighbors houses.

Bottom line... next year I'm not sure I'll be passing out candy. F' the little bastards. Let their dipship parents buy their candy.

Bob
11-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Most of the kids that came to our door were good, but we had a few that pretended that they never came to our house even though we asked them straight out and knew full well that they had been there already. Ah well.

That's what you get when you hand out hundred dollar bills.

Bob
11-01-2010, 08:25 PM
I even setup my pass out camp at the sidewalk of the driveway. Allot of the things I saw were at neighbors houses.

Bottom line... next year I'm not sure I'll be passing out candy. F' the little bastards. Let their dipship parents buy their candy.

That surprises me because I pictured you passing out in your driveway out of an old black van. hahahaha

Chris300s
11-01-2010, 08:27 PM
That surprises me because I pictured you passing out in your driveway out of an old black van. hahahaha

It's a white van, it just says "Free Candy" in black....

Bob
11-01-2010, 08:29 PM
It's a white van, it just says "Free Candy" in black....

So he does still have that van?

junkyardjon
11-01-2010, 09:51 PM
this year was really bad! where did all the kids go? we had maybe 30 kids in 3 hours, WTF?!!!!!
i like passing out candy and scaring the kids but it seems to get slower every year. now i'm stuck with 10 pounds of candy. hell i was giving handfull's away. everybody was polite thou.

i never understood the car stalkers, must be REAL lazy!!

aeryck
11-02-2010, 03:52 PM

It's the new generation of "helicopter parents". They're too damned lazy to walk with their kids.

Me, I was sitting in a wood burner-heated garage building a plane during the trick or treat hours. Fuck the kids.

Chris300s
11-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Me, I was sitting in a wood burner-heated garage building a plane during the trick or treat hours. Fuck the kids.

R/C or a homebuilt? I quit having time to fly when I got my Sporty.

Chris

Fishman
11-02-2010, 06:33 PM
WOW grouch

Gas Man
11-02-2010, 09:00 PM

Nah... it got impounded last year due to that. :mad:

this year was really bad! where did all the kids go? we had maybe 30 kids in 3 hours, WTF?!!!!!
i like passing out candy and scaring the kids but it seems to get slower every year. now i'm stuck with 10 pounds of candy. hell i was giving handfull's away. everybody was polite thou.

Yeah we didn't have shit for kids... so I too am stuck with a bunch of candy that my fat ass will probably eat.

junkyardjon
11-02-2010, 09:06 PM
and whats up with all the houses NOT passing out candy? i understand if you have kids but i know alot around me don't, it's only $5 a bag.
1 house per block passing out candy is a joke. come on people, it's only one time a year that it's alright to ask little kids if they want some candy!!!

Gas Man
11-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Try $10 a bag... if you're going for the good stuff. I bought like 4 bags.

I don't have kids but decorate and pass out candy.

Neighbors that have kids often also give me candy to pass out for them as well. Because they are out with their kids.

aeryck
11-02-2010, 11:02 PM
R/C or a homebuilt? I quit having time to fly when I got my Sporty.

Chris

RC. I don't make enough money for an ultralight, although I'd love to have one.

horrorbusiness
11-03-2010, 06:54 AM
Went up to Saginaw and went "trunk-or-treat'n" with my sister,bro-in-law and four neices and nephews. It was at their church and it was packed. Afterwords we went to a friends home up there and the neighborhood was crawling alive with brats begging for candy. I have not seen a halloween like this ten years. Saginaw FD was out in pumpers passing out candy, lots of houses all decked out.

vortech302
11-03-2010, 07:49 AM
Neighbors that have kids often also give me candy to pass out for them as well. Because they are out with their kids.

That's a good idea, I didn't think of that. I was really surprised at how many houses were passing out candy this year, one side street had over three quarters of the houses lit up.