PDA

View Full Version : Sellers

Bob
10-31-2010, 12:24 PM
man I hate dealing with buying and selling online. LOL I've been looking for a cheap 70's early 80's Jap bike for the winter. Leaning toward a cafe style build right now. I hate when I find a good deal and these people stop responding. Then like a week or two later they'll email me and be like, "You still interested in the bike?" Sure I am but now since i know you have not sold it, and are coming to me this time, my current offer does not stand. LOL i always super low ball them when they come back. I look at it this way, it's just a project for me. If I get one cool, if not no big deal. So if you are going to ignore me for a week or two and then come back to me looking to sell it I'm going to low ball the crap out of it. If you are in need of the cash or a hurry to sell you'll take my offer. If not then you can deal with all the tire kickers for another couple of weeks and come back to me and my offer will get lower again. LOL Then these people that send you pics of the bike and they are like taken with a camera phone in the dark. Then you have the guys like Todd dealt with that showed him pics of a show bike and the bike was a pile of junk. I see that A LOT. I feel more comfortable with hi res pics of all the bad stuff on the bike so at least I know you are being honest. And this usually all leads back to Craigslist. LOL

vortech302
10-31-2010, 01:43 PM
I'm not sure if this post is better off here or in Zamo's post but I went and test rode this bike that my cousin was interested in. The guy sends all the pics and keeps telling him the bike is 100% stock and he doesn't have time to ride cause he's always at the gym. Well, in the pics the bike has a Jardine slip on and the dude is like 125 pounds so I'm kinda thinking this should be interesting. We get there and the bike is bone stock so I ask the guy that isn't the same guy that's in the picture about the exhaust and he says "Oh, those weren't pics of this bike, I just put those up to show what the bike looks like". WTF, dude just went online and pasted someone's pics to his CL ad instead of going out in his driveway and taking pics.

RedneckMedic
10-31-2010, 05:40 PM
ya i know what you mean ive been looking around for an early 70's honda for a cafe project and ive been going through the same things as you.

Bob
10-31-2010, 06:34 PM
I'm not sure if this post is better off here or in Zamo's post but I went and test rode this bike that my cousin was interested in. The guy sends all the pics and keeps telling him the bike is 100% stock and he doesn't have time to ride cause he's always at the gym. Well, in the pics the bike has a Jardine slip on and the dude is like 125 pounds so I'm kinda thinking this should be interesting. We get there and the bike is bone stock so I ask the guy that isn't the same guy that's in the picture about the exhaust and he says "Oh, those weren't pics of this bike, I just put those up to show what the bike looks like". WTF, dude just went online and pasted someone's pics to his CL ad instead of going out in his driveway and taking pics.

I love the guys selling a 10 year old bike bu the pics are like of the same bike off the manufacturers site. I see that a lot.

Bob
10-31-2010, 06:35 PM
ya i know what you mean ive been looking around for an early 70's honda for a cafe project and ive been going through the same things as you.

There is this guy on another site that was supposed to email me pics a week ago. He has not emailed me the pics but he keeps bumping his post on the site. WTF?! Dude could of had it sold a week ago. Now if he sends me the pics I'm going to really low ball him.

telecast
11-01-2010, 08:26 PM
I put an amp and two guitars on CL a few days ago. Got a hit yesterday for one of the guitars and the amp. He came out, plunked a sizable amount of cash in my hand and took them. Totally painless. I wish all CL deals went like that.

Gas Man
11-01-2010, 08:51 PM
And that is the glimmer that keeps you doing CL

Bob
11-01-2010, 08:54 PM
I put an amp and two guitars on CL a few days ago. Got a hit yesterday for one of the guitars and the amp. He came out, plunked a sizable amount of cash in my hand and took them. Totally painless. I wish all CL deals went like that.

Amen! Me too man! Glad it went so smooth. A friend of mine was selling his guitar and amp on CL and the only person interested was supposed to meet him at Southland Mall one day and they never showed up.

Bob
11-01-2010, 08:55 PM
And that is the glimmer that keeps you doing CL

Not to mention it's free. LOL Ebay is always easier if you don;t want to deal with the tire kickers but I hate giving money to eBay and paypal for anything.

Gas Man
11-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Not to mention it's free. LOL Ebay is always easier if you don;t want to deal with the tire kickers but I hate giving money to eBay and paypal for anything.
Truth

Bob
11-01-2010, 09:18 PM
Why we are talking about CL. I hate these idiots that put $1 for the price of their bikes. When I'm searching for something I usually have a price in mind and I'll search for that max price. Then all of these bikes and parts come up for $1. We should start emailing them and say we are interested in the bike for the listed $1 price.

junkyardjon
11-01-2010, 10:56 PM
only one time did i get screwed over. i went to BUY a trike and called the guy and said i'm on my way with cash. so 2 hour drive later i show up and he pulls the "oh i had alot of calls and i raised my price" bit. man i was pissed off big time.
like he couldn't call me back and say that, what a punk. i make it clear i'm buying and i'm on my way right then.

pickle.of.doom
11-02-2010, 12:14 AM
If you are near Howell, theres a guy with 2 UJM's in his front yard for sale on Golf Club rd, bout 1/2 mile off Grand River.